Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Oct 2012, 09:06 (Ref:3151418)   #51
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
All that grass on the car Lewis should have been given a Stop and Mow penalty.
Old 14 Oct 2012, 12:56 (Ref:3151556)   #52
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
All that grass on the car Lewis should have been given a Stop and Mow penalty.

Indeed !
Old 14 Oct 2012, 13:17 (Ref:3151566)   #53
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I hope the Track organizers will get a lifted finger (not Vettels) for that Astroturf!
Old 14 Oct 2012, 14:24 (Ref:3151609)   #54
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Congrats to Vettel. What a boring race; worse than the Japanese GP.

Not for me - I don't see how Suzuka could be 'bettered' in the ditchwater stakes......
Old 14 Oct 2012, 14:28 (Ref:3151612)   #55
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
I hope the Track organizers will get a lifted finger (not Vettels) for that Astroturf!
Well deserved.
Old 14 Oct 2012, 15:16 (Ref:3151636)   #56
MJones94
Racer

United Kingdom
MJones94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well this is Vettel's championship to lose. Given the car's current pace and it's dominant performances around Tilkedromes, I would not be suprised if Vettel won the last four races. The dullest race of 2012 and the most disappointing one for me, what with McLaren having a terrible race and Schumi not scoring.
Old 14 Oct 2012, 21:00 (Ref:3151845)   #57
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
I'm surprised there hasn't been an analysis of Kobayashi's move at the start. Just clumsy, or dumb? He said in the interview that he was racing for position, and appeared nonplussed that he'd caused a problem. The "gap" wouldn't have taken an Austin J40 pedal car.
Old 14 Oct 2012, 21:14 (Ref:3151856)   #58
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
So it is now looking very likely that Seb will have won THREE WDC at the same age the second youngest champion won one. We are seeing some special stuff from this man, especially as he has not had a better car for much of the year. Scary for everyone else is that he appears to be getting better all the time too.
Old 14 Oct 2012, 21:52 (Ref:3151886)   #59
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

The new TGF ?
Old 14 Oct 2012, 21:54 (Ref:3151887)   #60
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh please..... . Give us something to look forward to.....
Old 14 Oct 2012, 22:04 (Ref:3151893)   #61
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

German domination...
Old 15 Oct 2012, 05:06 (Ref:3151997)   #62
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeks6 View Post
So it is now looking very likely that Seb will have won THREE WDC at the same age the second youngest champion won one. We are seeing some special stuff from this man, especially as he has not had a better car for much of the year. Scary for everyone else is that he appears to be getting better all the time too.
Clearly he is very good.

But he has been fortunate as nobody has had the best car it seems for a long stretch. Ferrari, McLaren and Red Bull have passed the baton back and forth all year, momentarily interrupted by Mercedes (yeah, remember them?!?) Only McLaren have really had a small stretch prior to this Red Bull resurgence but, of course, their talent for shooting themselves in the foot comes to the fore yet again. Just how do you underfuel a car for a qualifying lap? I don't know.

Now Red Bull look to have a dominant chassis once again, the tyre situation is sensible. They are all set. You can't afford mistakes against them, they and Ferrari are such well drilled teams. The difference is Red Bull also have a fantastic design team.
Old 15 Oct 2012, 13:23 (Ref:3152192)   #63
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Not for me - I don't see how Suzuka could be 'bettered' in the ditchwater stakes......
I can't think of anything that really stood out in this race. I was really hoping for something good after Suzuka, especially with the championship where it is but the Korean GP just didn't do it for me.
Old 15 Oct 2012, 14:33 (Ref:3152259)   #64
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I can't think of anything that really stood out in this race. I was really hoping for something good after Suzuka, especially with the championship where it is but the Korean GP just didn't do it for me.
Only a North Korean invasion during that GP would stand out !
Old 15 Oct 2012, 14:34 (Ref:3152261)   #65
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Very Good!
Old 15 Oct 2012, 14:45 (Ref:3152274)   #66
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Old 16 Oct 2012, 00:08 (Ref:3152590)   #67
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I quite enjoyed the race. It was perhaps a little uneventful at the front after the first lap, but through the field there was quite a bit going on for most of the race. A race doesn't need to have a million passes for the lead to be interesting... It was good quality racing by most.

As for the circuit, I don't mind it. For mine, it's a little too similar to the Indian track, but it's a good test of car and driver - you can really see both working for the last two thirds of the lap.

The astro turf was a bit of a balls-up, but one could argue that if one stays within the confines of the circuit then one wouldn't risk having astro turf attach itself to one's car.

The key for Vettel is in his ruthless efficiency. He is blindingly fast all of the time, yet he almost NEVER makes mistakes. He shows no mercy in wheel-to-wheel combat and almost always comes out on top... He's nigh-on unbeatable with a good car under him.