1 5 7.14%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14 Oct 2012, 17:52 (Ref:3151740)   #26
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
...and did you notice just how many seats in the stands were empty.....?

Do they really want it?
Old 14 Oct 2012, 17:55 (Ref:3151744)   #27
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
...and did you notice just how many seats in the stands were empty.....?

Do they really want it?
Yes I saw the place looked empty compared to many other races..

They have little understanding and no need for a race there, what's the point apart from a fee...

we should be racing in France, Argentina, Mexico for instance, anywhere rather than this dump in Korea...
Old 14 Oct 2012, 18:11 (Ref:3151750)   #28
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A generous 4 , yellow flags on the DRS straight for far too long , too many empty seats and I found the race a bit boring .
Old 14 Oct 2012, 20:31 (Ref:3151833)   #29
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Yes I saw the place looked empty compared to many other races..

They have little understanding and no need for a race there, what's the point apart from a fee...

we should be racing in France, Argentina, Mexico for instance, anywhere rather than this dump in Korea...
That's right any of those places would do better.
Old 14 Oct 2012, 21:09 (Ref:3151850)   #30
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
5. Midfield stuff was quite good. Just the way it always used to be.
That
Old 14 Oct 2012, 21:11 (Ref:3151851)   #31
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I recorded it ( glad I did so I could wiz through) a bit of midfield pushing n shoving and a bit of lawn mowing at the end just about kept it alive, I gave it a 4
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 14 Oct 2012, 21:40 (Ref:3151877)   #32
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I am embarrassed that we race in Korea... 4
Old 15 Oct 2012, 06:04 (Ref:3152007)   #33
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Annoyingly I was in Korea until Friday, but tbh, it would have been boring at the track too.

No-one I've met over there followed F1.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 15 Oct 2012, 09:31 (Ref:3152070)   #34
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is sad that the most exitement of the race was to no point at all. Hamilton and Raikonen had a nice battle mid-race, but with the pitstop of Hamilton aproaching quikly, you knew Raikonen would pass anyway. Nevertheless it was nice to watch. I think Hulkenberg and the Toro Rosso's made the race somewhat enjoyable.

At the front however: boring.

Score: 4
Old 15 Oct 2012, 12:33 (Ref:3152164)   #35
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
There don't appear to be as many posts as usual, and certainly less good-humoured argument, about this GP.

Is this a sign of season fatigue? I refer to the other thread "Too many GPs?".
Old 15 Oct 2012, 12:41 (Ref:3152172)   #36
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gave it an 8 mainly for the great passes and dog fighting in the midfield very entertaining .
Old 15 Oct 2012, 14:12 (Ref:3152232)   #37
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
Annoyingly I was in Korea until Friday, but tbh, it would have been boring at the track too.

Now there's a surprise. .
Old 15 Oct 2012, 14:19 (Ref:3152242)   #38
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicanary View Post
There don't appear to be as many posts as usual, and certainly less good-humoured argument, about this GP.

Is this a sign of season fatigue? I refer to the other thread "Too many GPs?".
Remove just these silly Tilke tracks and we'd have a handily sized season I'd say.
Old 15 Oct 2012, 14:21 (Ref:3152245)   #39
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post

On the bright side, we are off to India, Abu Dhabi and Texas next. Real hotbeds of F1 enthusiasm.
Old 15 Oct 2012, 14:23 (Ref:3152246)   #40
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
On the bright side, we are off to India, Abu Dhabi and Texas next. Real hotbeds of F1 enthusiasm.
We have the fans here don't worry about that..

The place will be packed....
Old 15 Oct 2012, 14:30 (Ref:3152256)   #41
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I'm looking forward to Texas and hope it delivers, as for the others, they are just money spinners for Bernie.
Old 15 Oct 2012, 15:21 (Ref:3152310)   #42
dtb
Rookie

England
UK
dtb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted 4, not the most exciting I have seen, some nice battles at turn 3 and 4 though.
Old 15 Oct 2012, 15:28 (Ref:3152316)   #43
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

The place will be packed....
At least we can rely on it to be sunny.

Back to Korea. I was quite surprised by the amount of fans in the Grandstands on race day. The track is also quite good, IMO. Fast straights, fast corners and a street circuit section. The ability of F1 cars to make the best of it is what's really at fault.
Old 15 Oct 2012, 15:48 (Ref:3152338)   #44
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Remove just these silly Tilke tracks and we'd have a handily sized season I'd say.
Amen to that. We all have different opinions, but I reckon I'd look forward to the next race even more if there were fewer.
Old 15 Oct 2012, 16:17 (Ref:3152368)   #45
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Back to Korea. I was quite surprised by the amount of fans in the Grandstands on race day. The track is also quite good, IMO. Fast straights, fast corners and a street circuit section. The ability of F1 cars to make the best of it is what's really at fault.
We always can blame the cars !
Old 15 Oct 2012, 16:30 (Ref:3152379)   #46
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
at this point in the season i want to see the title leaders fight it out on track. since we didnt get that it was obviously never going to live up to my expectations. gave it a 4.
Old 15 Oct 2012, 18:04 (Ref:3152430)   #47
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:

Well rain is possible, as the weather can turn on a dime here at this time of year..

Korea.. My main problems with it are that the facility's look run down and not maintained. The track itself is very very bumpy, like driving over a giant washboard. The air quality is so poor that on TV you can't see the cars on the long straights, and overall it does not produce good racing for F1 cars..
Old 15 Oct 2012, 19:10 (Ref:3152468)   #48
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Well rain is possible, as the weather can turn on a dime here at this time of year..
That's good, but the trend is usually for dry weather I'm told?

Quote:
Korea.. My main problems with it are that the facility's look run down and not maintained.
Unlike Interlagos?

Quote:
The track itself is very very bumpy, like driving over a giant washboard.
I don't remember any of the drivers complaining about bumps. Astroturf, yes. Bumps, no.

Quote:
The air quality is so poor that on TV you can't see the cars on the long straights, and overall it does not produce good racing for F1 cars..
The air quality can be poor at Silverstone under the right circumstances! China is worse. And the racing quality can be variable at either Korea, Brazil (also not known for its excellent air quality), Silverstone or China. Suzuka wasn't much better than Korea.
Old 15 Oct 2012, 19:46 (Ref:3152486)   #49
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
TV GP highlights on the news here showed the Gangnam guy waving the chequered flag followed by more Gangnam guy waving the flag.
Old 15 Oct 2012, 21:39 (Ref:3152523)   #50
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!

The fact I havn't been here in over a week probably is a reflection of how i'm starting to feel about F1 at the moment.

The Vettel 'lead in to T1 and drive away' thing is killing my excitement. Yeh, yeh, I sat through alot of it during the Schuey/Ferrari days, but at least you had a McLaren always chomping at the bit.

When Vettel's Red Bull goes, it just goes.

It's not Red Bull's fault, or Vettel's. But it's so damn boring. Combine that with easy DRS passes (with multiple replays... right), ugly as hell cars (look back at say, 2009, and you'll see what I mean), some dull tracks, drivers not being punished for crap driving (ie. running wide and sometimes gaining advantage..), having to watch on Sky non-HD (I can't afford HD, and had it perfectly with BBC last year. Not nice being relegated as a devout follower), and no battles for the lead, and it's becoming quite tiresome.

If you realise the cars can't pass without DRS, can we not at least have cars that look identical to the 1993 cars....? PLEASE?

Then heap on that news of a new GP in places like Thailand, and I just think 'am I really in to this much anymore..?'.

Sad days!

Selby