2 6 8.57%
1 5 7.14%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15 Oct 2012, 21:42 (Ref:3152526)   #51
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
The benchmark for a boring race will always be Hungary 2004. That was such a bad race that it was ineligible for any form of score. It was simply a zero of a race and caused real, genuine tears of hurt and confusion. Racing wasn't meant to be that boring.

This was only marginally better. Utter dross dished up on an absolute non-entity of a track with zero spectators there to witness it. If a dull race occurs and nobody is there to see, did it actually happen? Unfortunately, television cameras were there to record the abysmal truth.

One out of ten.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
1 out of 10 too,it was marginally better than being in a coma.
I put a 2... marginally better. If Hungary 2004 was a 1 than this was barely a 2. Was there a fire or something? Why was it so hazy? Or was it pollution rolling in from China?

Depressing spot to put a racetrack, the track was falling apart, Vettel won, and absolutely nothing excited. 2 1/2 hours of my life I will never get back.
Old 15 Oct 2012, 21:43 (Ref:3152528)   #52
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Well rain is possible, as the weather can turn on a dime here at this time of year..

Korea.. My main problems with it are that the facility's look run down and not maintained. The track itself is very very bumpy, like driving over a giant washboard. The air quality is so poor that on TV you can't see the cars on the long straights, and overall it does not produce good racing for F1 cars..
This. All what I needed to say.

I'm an environmentalist in training, and seeing the horrible pollution sickens me.
Old 15 Oct 2012, 21:53 (Ref:3152536)   #53
dtb
Rookie

England
UK
dtb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
......and we still have 3 Tilke circuits left to go
Old 16 Oct 2012, 01:17 (Ref:3152619)   #54
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
That's good, but the trend is usually for dry weather I'm told?

Unlike Interlagos?

I don't remember any of the drivers complaining about bumps. Astroturf, yes. Bumps, no.

The air quality can be poor at Silverstone under the right circumstances! China is worse. And the racing quality can be variable at either Korea, Brazil (also not known for its excellent air quality), Silverstone or China. Suzuka wasn't much better than Korea.

Okay Interlagos you can't use as a comparison, because yes it is run down and could do with a facelift ONLY however it delivers the goods every time we go there...

Brazil has tons of passion for motor racing and sports in general..

You are quite correct Korea is not the only place with terrible air quality.. but the Korea circuit is out in the back of beyond, no hotels, very little good food to eat from what I read, and no history of being interested in motorsports, unlike Brazil...

The landscaping, if you can call it that is terrible in Korea, I would drop it like a lead balloon..

The condition of the track surface, for a new facility is shocking, it's built on sinking ground, that would be my guess ?

I promise you good weather Temp around 70F for our race at Austin, a real race track, not *finished* as I have said many times before, but ready to put on a good race...
Old 16 Oct 2012, 08:37 (Ref:3152719)   #55
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post

I'm an environmentalist in training, and seeing the horrible pollution sickens me.
It seems to be the norm now in that part of the world. They'll/we'll probably pay for it in years to come.

You'll be pleased to know that the 2014 turbo engines will have an EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) system. It won't make a lot of difference to F1 NOx output, but it might make some of the currently used road car systems a little better.
Old 16 Oct 2012, 14:19 (Ref:3152881)   #56
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
TV GP highlights on the news here showed the Gangnam guy waving the chequered flag followed by more Gangnam guy waving the flag.
That's a lot of flag waving for one guy, Gangnam or not.
Old 16 Oct 2012, 17:56 (Ref:3152990)   #57
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
That's a lot of flag waving for one guy, Gangnam or not.
Now if only the music was good...
Old 16 Oct 2012, 19:03 (Ref:3153018)   #58
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Now if only the music was good...
It does leave a lot to be desired.
Old 16 Oct 2012, 22:03 (Ref:3153094)   #59
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Air Pollution at Asian (and South American) F1 Circuits

On the topic of air pollution...

Shanghai International Circuit

Notice how hazy the views of the stands are?

Buddh International Circuit

Even Buxton was complaining! Dust and pollution from nearby New Delhi drenches the scene... as usual.

Korea International Circuit

The smog rolled in just in time for the race.

Interlagos

On the outskirts of Sao Paulo, smog is always present.

It's not really the racecars that make the difference. It's the city buses and the masses. Alternative energy for RACING is not the way to go. Alternative energy for MASS MARKET PRODUCTION in roadcars is the way to go. And a catalytic converter on this bus...

Old 16 Oct 2012, 22:35 (Ref:3153099)   #60
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
What that Bus needs is a DPF (diesel particle filter), it's a required fitment for any diesel car currently competing in the Le Mans series. *cough*
Old 17 Oct 2012, 08:19 (Ref:3153234)   #61
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
not a great race gave it a 4