Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 29 Sep 2014, 21:09 (Ref:3458710)   #2326
Bobby_status
Racer

Bobby_status should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Honda Performance Development, or HPD, is involved in IndyCar and the WEC. Its parent company is American Honda Motor Company, Inc., which in turn is the North American subsidiary of the Honda Motor Company, Ltd., whose hq is in Tokyo.

Honda Racing Corporation, or HRC, is involved in motorcycle racing and was setup in 1982. It's parent company is also Honda Motor Company, Ltd.
I wish HPD(Indycar & LMP2) had more resources to implement into there programs I'm pretty sure Honda Racing which run in F1, Super GT, Super Formula, WTCC have bigger budgets.
Old 29 Sep 2014, 23:19 (Ref:3458738)   #2327
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
is car #4 available? It was not used in 2013 IIRC.

If so, Roger can have #1, #2, #3 and #4 next year.
Apparently he'll be driving #22.
Old 30 Sep 2014, 01:37 (Ref:3458746)   #2328
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm liking the Pagenaud/Penske hookup. Will be good to see what Simon can do in a well-funded team (although I hope he doesn't wind up with "fourth driver" status).

Seems strange he's parting ways with Honda, but they've not exactly been his primary sponsor. Hope Schmidt can sign someone good (or maybe it's Gabby Chaves' time to shine?).
Old 30 Sep 2014, 13:47 (Ref:3458899)   #2329
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hawksworth may be headed to Foyt's team in a second car.
Old 30 Sep 2014, 14:06 (Ref:3458903)   #2330
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_status View Post
I wish HPD(Indycar & LMP2) had more resources to implement into there programs I'm pretty sure Honda Racing which run in F1, Super GT, Super Formula, WTCC have bigger budgets.
Honda Racing doesn't exist anymore. Honda Racing Corporation is involved in motorcycle racing.

I'm sure HPD have their fare share of resources, not only do they manufacture and supply engines but they'll be also developing and supplying aero-kits.
Old 30 Sep 2014, 16:41 (Ref:3458929)   #2331
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Honda also races in Super GT and Super Formula.
Old 30 Sep 2014, 20:46 (Ref:3458995)   #2332
Nikki Katz
Racer

Nikki Katz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
That'll be good if it's true. Hope that Herta finds someone else.

The off-season's not looking too bleak at the moment, the lack of sponsorship at Rahal seems to be the main issue (personally I think that the team is somewhat hampered by having to field Rahal in their car). It's a long time until the next race though.

Does anyone have any idea whether or not Aleshin would be back? I saw that he tweeted a video of the accident a couple of days after it, he at least seems to be positive about the whole thing.
Old 4 Oct 2014, 04:53 (Ref:3460082)   #2333
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.autoracing1.com/rumors.asp?tid=12517
Jacques Villeneuve will definitely run next year's Indy 500. Might we see the former World Champ in more IndyCar events?
Old 4 Oct 2014, 08:20 (Ref:3460117)   #2334
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Again für Sam Schmidt?

Will be nice to see him driving when I will be in Indianapolis live!!!
Old 5 Oct 2014, 02:39 (Ref:3460626)   #2335
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I'd rather have more young drivers.

Will Rahal find funding for 2015?
Old 7 Oct 2014, 14:32 (Ref:3461761)   #2336
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Marvin Riley, Ex HPD, is appointed as director of engine development.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/116199
Old 8 Oct 2014, 10:29 (Ref:3462126)   #2337
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Hinch to Schmidt Peterson for 2015.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/116211
Old 8 Oct 2014, 10:36 (Ref:3462130)   #2338
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
I wonder now about Wilson (Andretti?) and Briscoe (KV?).
Old 8 Oct 2014, 10:54 (Ref:3462136)   #2339
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
I also wonder about Simona De Silvestro returning to IndyCar, after her drive with Sauber failed to materialise?
Old 8 Oct 2014, 11:23 (Ref:3462149)   #2340
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I don't see her returning to Indycar. I'd say she'd retire.
Old 8 Oct 2014, 11:32 (Ref:3462152)   #2341
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
She's only 26.
Old 8 Oct 2014, 17:54 (Ref:3462277)   #2342
Nikki Katz
Racer

Nikki Katz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That'd be good if it happens. Wilson's been somewhat overlooked in the silly season for the past few years and had a not terribly good season this year, but he's won multiple times in backmarker teams. I wonder if Honda would place him in an Andretti as some sort of attempt to fight the generally better driver lineup of the top Chevrolet teams.

I'm not too fussed about Briscoe, although I'd prefer to see him in the second KV than Saavedra.
Old 9 Oct 2014, 02:31 (Ref:3462388)   #2343
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
She's only 26.
Definitely don't see her retiring yet, whether it's Indy, Sports cars or another season of F1 reserve, she's going to be keeping her feet in it
Old 10 Oct 2014, 02:58 (Ref:3462790)   #2344
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
As Racer notes:

Quote:
The move by FOX to pare down its live TUDOR Championship endurance racing broadcast from its Sports 1 and FOX Sports 2 cable channels into a two-hour package for mainstream distribution after an NFL game has been transformational.
TUSC's two-hour Petit Le Mans highlight package a day after the race on Fox after the NFL drew 1.159 million viewers. The CotA highlight package two weeks earlier drew 1.1 million viewers.

Rather than disappearing during football season, TUSC has found a way to make football season work for it. Is IndyCar paying attention?
Old 10 Oct 2014, 13:33 (Ref:3462961)   #2345
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
The Southern 500 (Sunday 6 Sept) will air on NBC.

The previous week is off. The other August and September races are on NBCSN.

So NBC could air an IndyCar highlights show before Sunday Night Football.
Old 10 Oct 2014, 16:24 (Ref:3463014)   #2346
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
The Southern 500 (Sunday 6 Sept) will air on NBC.

The previous week is off. The other August and September races are on NBCSN.

A couple of problems: What Fox and TUSC is doing makes sense as it attracts viewers who don’t change the channel after the 1pm NFL game on two weeks in which Fiox only has a NFL 1pm game. An IndyCar broadcast before Sunday Night Football won’t do quite so well. The actual game is on at about 8:30pm, the NBC pregame show starts at 7:00pm. People won’t tune in that early to watch the race…

And then there’s the contract issue. Can NBC even carry a Sunday highlight package or race? ABC has the broadcast TV rights to the series with NBCSN having the cable rights for the races ABC doesn’t want.

If IndyCar goes this direction, the logical move would be to pair with a network with Sunday afternoon NFL games to provide races to be shown after the NFL on weeks in which the network only has an early game. And as most IndyCar races are shorter than sports car races, such an IndyCar race could even be live as this would fit in the same 2 hour window. So this really is a medium term item, something that could happen with the next TV contract. Maybe.
Old 12 Oct 2014, 00:08 (Ref:3463536)   #2347
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
As Racer notes:

TUSC's two-hour Petit Le Mans highlight package a day after the race on Fox after the NFL drew 1.159 million viewers. The CotA highlight package two weeks earlier drew 1.1 million viewers.

Rather than disappearing during football season, TUSC has found a way to make football season work for it. Is IndyCar paying attention?
Following on from that, http://www.roadandtrack.com/voices/c...?src=soc_fcbks.
Old 13 Oct 2014, 19:27 (Ref:3464616)   #2348
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
There's news on aero-kits at the end of this Racer.com podcast from Robin Miller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO8EL-AMpn0
Old 14 Oct 2014, 20:06 (Ref:3465050)   #2349
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised is Indycar races showed up on CNBC next year after NBC/NBCSN start their Nascar schedule.
Old 14 Oct 2014, 22:23 (Ref:3465111)   #2350
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Marshall Pruett has a pic of Penske testing at CoTA. At first I thought it was National Guard livery but on closer inspection it appears to be the Chevy aerokit. Too bad the air box above the driver appears to have been retained… so far. Sidepods look different but the rest is disappointingly similar to what we have now.