Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 13 Feb 2008, 03:43 (Ref:2127633)   #1
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Walker gone

This AP story quotes Walker as saying he's going to the IRL.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT
Old 13 Feb 2008, 04:04 (Ref:2127637)   #2
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Newbury Park, CA, United States
Muzza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Confirmed by a current and a former employee. There is a lot of fire-patching going on right now (literally now).
Old 13 Feb 2008, 04:07 (Ref:2127638)   #3
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can imagine. Among the other rumors out there is that Haas is merging with Rahal and PKV may even move.
Old 13 Feb 2008, 04:49 (Ref:2127652)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The article seems to suggest the demise of Team Australia as a concept too.. if Mr Walker is still looking for $$ to run this season....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 13 Feb 2008, 05:09 (Ref:2127662)   #5
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He aint gone YET.

Last we heard from Gore on monday was that he was still committed to Team Australia.
Old 13 Feb 2008, 05:23 (Ref:2127664)   #6
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar
He aint gone YET.

Last we heard from Gore on monday was that he was still committed to Team Australia.
So, you think Walker is lying to the press? What does he have to gain by the statements he's made?
Old 13 Feb 2008, 05:46 (Ref:2127671)   #7
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
So, you think Walker is lying to the press? What does he have to gain by the statements he's made?
Walker is going to run where ever he gets the money to do so. Period.
Old 13 Feb 2008, 12:51 (Ref:2127873)   #8
indycool
Veteran

Miller said on SPEED News that Gore still owes him $1.5 million from last year.
Old 13 Feb 2008, 13:11 (Ref:2127888)   #9
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gore has also said that he is committed to the TA exercise.

Interesting to see what happens.

Could we see Walker racing run two programs?
Old 13 Feb 2008, 13:48 (Ref:2127910)   #10
indycool
Veteran

He said on Channel 6 in Indy Sunday night that he'd run both series if he had sponsorships. Then later, in an AP story, he said he was moving to IRL because he felt CC had run its last race.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT
Old 14 Feb 2008, 03:12 (Ref:2128427)   #11
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All this talk about 'being committed to Team Australia' is all well and good, but being committed to Team Australia doesn't mean committed to CCWS.
Old 15 Feb 2008, 13:56 (Ref:2129607)   #12
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
... and now it comes out that, instead of the Dallara that we've heard was borrowed recently to be given a go-over by his team, Derrick actually bought one last year to learn about the package prior to the 2007 Indy 500.

Derrick has been prepared for this for a long time, it seems.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 15 Feb 2008, 15:28 (Ref:2129651)   #13
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Add this rumor to the mix:

The scuttlebutt in Indy is that Walker will be going to Homestead next week to test the Dallara and that Will Power will drive it in order to take his IRL Rookie test to get approved to go oval racing....

I've been very quiet about this would-be "acquisition" deal...and that is what it is...this ain't no "merger" boys and girls....for one reason....

The story changes daily, and until something becomes more focused and we get a final decision on 2008, why waste the bandwidth by writing one of my columns on a bunch of rumors, denials and such that everyone else has hashed and rehashed over the past few weeks?

When a decision is made, I'll state my take on the outcome in a column that i write on open wheel racing...

Until then, I'll stand back as an observer....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 15 Feb 2008, 15:53 (Ref:2129668)   #14
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://www2.sbsun.com/motorsports/ci_8256250

I should have included this link, and it appears I misread it - Derrick didn't buy the car in time for last year's 500, but he did buy it (at least according to the article) rather than borrow it, as was reported elsewhere.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 15 Feb 2008, 20:10 (Ref:2129808)   #15
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CRIMENS! this is a soap opera no onw could write better
backstabbing intrigue double crossing, strange bed fellows
walker gone
PKV? part of them own the CCWS if they defect in toto- than what hope is there for CC? and Cosworth what will happen to those glorious engines?
I have a little Volvo Amazon which would love an XFE....