Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 22 Nov 2011, 00:18 (Ref:2989823)   #26
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Brown View Post
That is an abominably selfish attitude.
Not at all. Say you buy a season ticket for a football club, and then all of a sudden on the last day of the season, when that team is competing for the championship, they decide to let everyone in for free?
Old 22 Nov 2011, 00:50 (Ref:2989828)   #27
JP
Rookie

JP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Over the other Chase races the pre-race show has been freeview, switching to subscription only for the actual race, which seems a reasonable approach for a channel dependent on subscription income.

If Premier had shown the Truck and Nationwide races on subscription, as a bonus to their loyal subscribers, I'd have been happy with that. However, I'd guess that possibly the reason why the whole weekend was opened up to freeview was to maximise exposure for their main advertiser, 3M. I should think it was more likely to be a commercial decision than a generous gift to casual viewers who hadn't seen the need to subscribe to the season so far.

I wouldn't be inclined to blame Premier for the early cut-off of the freeview. I don't understand the technicalities of these things but I imagine that, when broadcasting on the Sky platform, things like freeview times have to be set up in advance and can't readily be adjusted when an event overruns. The advertised Freeview time looked calculated to cover the whole race, if it had run to schedule, but not the championship presentations.
Old 22 Nov 2011, 05:42 (Ref:2989880)   #28
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Perhaps they shouldn't have made the final races freeview. Regardless, having made the promise they should've stuck to that promise and made sure that all normal eventualities were considered to see that promise through. Half a promise and the bad half of that promise at that is no good. That's shoddy professionalism. Rain delays being a regular part of NASCAR, this normal eventuality should've been covered.
Old 22 Nov 2011, 05:54 (Ref:2989882)   #29
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Brown View Post
That is an abominably selfish attitude.
His rationale is fine but the viewer shouldn't be punished. The buck on this stops with PS for making rash promises. Promises, they couldn't keep.