Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 6 Feb 2005, 12:05 (Ref:1218709)   #51
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
BTCC 1:43 Diecasts

I have a comprehensive list of all the BTCC models upto and including the 1999 season. Does anyone know what has been released since this date? I believe that there was at least one Alfa 156 from this year - can anyone confirm this? I would presume that we will see the Breeze and Hodgetts Alfas as well as the Keen BMW at some point? Who produced these models?

Thanks
Old 6 Feb 2005, 17:39 (Ref:1218868)   #52
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
BillyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spark produce the models of the BTCC Alfa
Old 6 Feb 2005, 17:51 (Ref:1218874)   #53
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks.
Any idea whether they are doing the Hodgetts and Keen cars?
Old 6 Feb 2005, 19:39 (Ref:1218916)   #54
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
BillyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No don't think so. They aren't making any BMW this year i don't think.
Old 6 Feb 2005, 20:49 (Ref:1218958)   #55
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobson
I don't know how many Vauxhall models were sold, or wheter that year's Vauxhall was even made.
Wasn't there a Minichamp later spec Mondeo? I can't remember if it was 1/43.
Onyx announced the 1999 Muller Vectra but it never got released before they went bust.

Minichamps (I think) do a road car of that later Mondeos but never did a race version. As others have said the combination of licence fees and minimal sales put pay to that. Probably the only version likely to sell in enough quantities would have been a Mansell 98 car but even then licence fees would be even more.
Old 6 Feb 2005, 21:02 (Ref:1218965)   #56
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Spark have done the Breeze Alfa - http://www.model-car.com/miniature_detail.asp?nr=SO469 - as well as Giovanardi 2004 ETCC car and a few 2002 ETCC BMWs'

BBR models - www.bbrmodels.it - also do a very nice line of 1/43rd models including ETCC Alfas, Italian and STW-Cup BMWs and Audi. There's also a Winkelhock BTCC BMW 320.
Old 6 Feb 2005, 21:14 (Ref:1218973)   #57
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was looking through the MG X-Power forum yesterday and it looks as if there might be a 2004 spec MG ZS coming out later in the year.
Old 10 Feb 2005, 07:34 (Ref:1221653)   #58
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes
Minichamps (I think) do a road car of that later Mondeos but never did a race version. As others have said the combination of licence fees and minimal sales put pay to that. Probably the only version likely to sell in enough quantities would have been a Mansell 98 car but even then licence fees would be even more.
I think it's short sighted for companies to demand high license fees to have their name put on diecast models. Instead, by asking minimal or low license fees, they can have their brand promoted for cheaply by a diecast company. Fans/collectors/advertisers will see the brand being displayed on cars for years to come?
Old 11 Feb 2005, 16:05 (Ref:1223048)   #59
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Just wanted to let people know that Carl Breeze's Alfa Romeo 156 Gta BTCC 2004 is now available and in stock at TRAX Motorsport. Mines on the way
Old 16 Mar 2005, 18:02 (Ref:1253594)   #60
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
More good news - there are three BTCC MGs coming soon:

http://racingcarshop.co.uk/acatalog/Coming_Soon.html

Order now and you get a discount!
Old 29 Mar 2005, 07:25 (Ref:1263992)   #61
kmchow
Veteran

I wonder if the Civic/Astras will be available in 1/43 scale? Ditto for the Lexus and WTCC Accords.
Old 16 Aug 2005, 14:46 (Ref:1383693)   #62
John Winter
Racer

John Winter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is spark any good in making diecasts, 'cause renowned manufacturerers like bburago always seem to dissapoint me.
Old 16 Aug 2005, 15:35 (Ref:1383740)   #63
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Winter
Is spark any good in making diecasts, 'cause renowned manufacturerers like bburago always seem to dissapoint me.
Some of the finishing quality can be a bit hap-hazard, but their site admits there were problems with the ones I bought, and they've moved all their production in-house. Other comments I have heard about Spark have been very positive.
Old 17 Aug 2005, 00:41 (Ref:1384182)   #64
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Spark make lovely models in my opinion, they're a little pricey granted, but the quality is superb.

Don't know about BTCC, I've gone off it a bit, but I have several Le Mans models, and aim to get several more.
Old 17 Aug 2005, 05:52 (Ref:1384293)   #65
kmchow
Veteran

I've bought 2 Spark BMW models and I find them to be quite well made.

It would be cool if Spark made the cars that raced in the JTCC in the mid 90s!

For the BTCC, Spark should produce the BTCC models from the early 90s like the Toyota Carina, Carina E, Mazda Xedos, Mazda 323, etc...
Old 17 Aug 2005, 07:19 (Ref:1384330)   #66
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ah, touched a nerve there, kmchow! I've been waiting impatiently for someone to do the Rouse/Hoy 1992 Omega Carina for years.

Formule Kit (I think) made the plums n custard Xedos of Patrick Watts as a 1/43 kit, but it's been out of production for years and costs the earth whenever it comes up.
Old 17 Aug 2005, 11:22 (Ref:1384513)   #67
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Spark seem to specalise in 1/43 only. Plus, it is far more economically viable to get a small run of them done in 1/43. However, if Alan Gow supports the move to get a collection made, anythings possible!
Old 17 Aug 2005, 17:13 (Ref:1384844)   #68
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

bburago make good touring car kits. But the tyres look like road tyres ....
Old 21 Aug 2005, 00:51 (Ref:1387203)   #69
kmchow
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD
Ah, touched a nerve there, kmchow! I've been waiting impatiently for someone to do the Rouse/Hoy 1992 Omega Carina for years.

Formule Kit (I think) made the plums n custard Xedos of Patrick Watts as a 1/43 kit, but it's been out of production for years and costs the earth whenever it comes up.
Formule did make the Carina as well. And I've told you A THOUSAND TIMES, don't exaggerate. It's ONLY about 65 EURO unbuilt, plus the paint/time!!
Old 22 Oct 2006, 19:18 (Ref:1745294)   #70
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Bit of a bargain!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=250036581756

Pretty happy with getting that for 31 quid! Never seen one for sale before but 1:43 Cavaliers usually go for 50-75 quid. Cool stuff.
Old 22 Oct 2006, 19:56 (Ref:1745366)   #71
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nice one Craig! It has made me yearn for the BTCC days of old though.
Old 22 Oct 2006, 20:07 (Ref:1745381)   #72
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Oh, god, yeah! How cool would that be?!

Only nine more models to go to complete my 1:43 BTCC Super Touring collection
Old 22 Oct 2006, 20:14 (Ref:1745389)   #73
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wow Craig, that is indeed a bargain! Look after it well.
Old 22 Oct 2006, 20:27 (Ref:1745401)   #74
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
I am just scared of it getting damaged in the post or something, it'd be just my luck!
Old 22 Oct 2006, 20:48 (Ref:1745426)   #75
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Negative thoughts achieve negative results. We'll have less of that talk!

For that price, I'd expect the guy to pack it well enough. Having said that, I got a 1:43 Schumacher Ferrari from America three years back for about £60 and that was sent in a bloody bubble envelope!