Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Downforce Radio MotorsportAds MotorsTV (Sky 447)  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Jan 2017, 14:19 (Ref:3703155)   #166
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
cheers jim, that's a great help. trying to figure out where all the interesting dirt is on some organisations can involve checking 5 or 6 different companies so it's nice to see one that's relatively straightforward. it's also available here directly on companies house
Old 17 Jan 2017, 14:48 (Ref:3703161)   #167
billy bleach
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
If it was anyone other than me, the link would have been provided, the guy hates me.

I will try later on.
"The Guy" doesn't even know (or care) who you are.....
Old 17 Jan 2017, 15:32 (Ref:3703164)   #168
JimW
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
cheers jim, that's a great help. trying to figure out where all the interesting dirt is on some organisations can involve checking 5 or 6 different companies so it's nice to see one that's relatively straightforward. it's also available here directly on companies house
Welcome but I do suspect that there will be a few more companies involved to get a full picture. (BRDC, other companies with Silverstone in the name, The Wing Shambles Ltd?) Traditionally I guess the start would be to do a search on directors.

Jim
Old 17 Jan 2017, 15:52 (Ref:3703165)   #169
djinvicta
Subscriber
Veteran

Wales
French France
djinvicta should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjinvicta should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjinvicta should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
SILVERSTONE CIRCUITS LTD. Score 15 out of 100.
Risk Maximum Risk - Significant Issues
Credit Limit 0 Credit Limit vs Credit Rating
Find out the difference
Credit Rating 0
There is a deficit in both capital employed and shareholders funds.

There has been a very significant fall in shareholders' funds over the latest accounting period.

There has been a heavy trading loss in the latest accounting period.

In our view this company is a very high credit risk. We therefore recommend you make full & detailed enquiries before offering credit. Add to monitoring list.

This was to the end of December 2015. Still waiting for next accounts.
Old 17 Jan 2017, 16:42 (Ref:3703177)   #170
Moneyseeker
Subscriber
Veteran

Moneyseeker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMoneyseeker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMoneyseeker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMoneyseeker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Business that size with 9k cash in the bank at year end.....
Old 17 Jan 2017, 16:46 (Ref:3703179)   #171
MGDavid
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid has a real shot at the podium!MGDavid has a real shot at the podium!MGDavid has a real shot at the podium!MGDavid has a real shot at the podium!MGDavid has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
If it was anyone other than me, the link would have been provided, the guy hates me.

I will try later on.
Wrong again, no discrimination here, I always try to point people in the right direction so that in future they can find their own way.
I love you - I hate inaccuracy and laziness.

'Give a man a fish - he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime.'
Old 17 Jan 2017, 16:56 (Ref:3703182)   #172
Mike Harte
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMike Harte should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
This was to the end of December 2015. Still waiting for next accounts.
Well it would be. Next accounts, to December 2016, not due until September 2017.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Business that size with 9k cash in the bank at year end.....
Unfortunately that doesn't give an accurate picture of today's situation. However, their cash position is very transitory as it relies heavily on advanced ticket sales for the upcoming GP, and the fact that Silverstone continued for a further year says something.

And I add my view that no public money should be used for the circuit. If CVC and the other shareholders of F1 hadn't drained it of all it's revenue, there would have been enough in the kitty to stop all the escalator clauses in the circuits' contracts. And now they want to sell it to a media operation that is having to borrow nearly $2 billion to fund the purchase. Madness.
Old 17 Jan 2017, 17:36 (Ref:3703205)   #173
Moneyseeker
Subscriber
Veteran

Moneyseeker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMoneyseeker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMoneyseeker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMoneyseeker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Well it would be. Next accounts, to December 2016, not due until September 2017.

Unfortunately that doesn't give an accurate picture of today's situation. However, their cash position is very transitory as it relies heavily on advanced ticket sales for the upcoming GP, and the fact that Silverstone continued for a further year says something.

And I add my view that no public money should be used for the circuit. If CVC and the other shareholders of F1 hadn't drained it of all it's revenue, there would have been enough in the kitty to stop all the escalator clauses in the circuits' contracts. And now they want to sell it to a media operation that is having to borrow nearly $2 billion to fund the purchase. Madness.
Didn't they try and preserve cash income by paying for the GP in arrears?

I concurr that no government money should go into Silverstone to go into the pockets of FOM and frankly some percentage of into wealthy teams like Mercedes and Red Bull either. They have just managed to secure 9M from local councils though for the heritage centre.
Old 17 Jan 2017, 19:00 (Ref:3703222)   #174
billy bleach
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Didn't they try and preserve cash income by paying for the GP in arrears?

I concurr that no government money should go into Silverstone to go into the pockets of FOM and frankly some percentage of into wealthy teams like Mercedes and Red Bull either. They have just managed to secure 9M from local councils though for the heritage centre.

9m!!! To fill a hanger with stuff?!! Basically a monument to what? Graydon, Donington and Beuliee do a good job already. It would not take a hanger to lay out what a shambles Silverstone has been....
Old 17 Jan 2017, 22:32 (Ref:3703258)   #175
MGDavid
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid has a real shot at the podium!MGDavid has a real shot at the podium!MGDavid has a real shot at the podium!MGDavid has a real shot at the podium!MGDavid has a real shot at the podium!
Thought I read on another thread here that the whole hangar project is 20million, and didn't they get some lottery funding for it too?
(or was I dreaming?)
Old 18 Jan 2017, 07:01 (Ref:3703296)   #176
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
Thought I read on another thread here that the whole hangar project is 20million, and didn't they get some lottery funding for it too?
(or was I dreaming?)
No, you weren't. Correct on both counts. The list of contractors and consultants for the new centre reads like the 'who's who' of the modern museum / experience / heritage centre world...... Nice little earner for many!
Old 18 Jan 2017, 10:40 (Ref:3703327)   #177
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSodemo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSodemo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post

If "lowly" Outlon Park can fund a new footbridge over the exit of Deers Leap, then Silverstone should have no excuse for a lack of bridge at the new pits straight.
Old 18 Jan 2017, 11:44 (Ref:3703344)   #178
The Fat Clerk
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Mallory Park
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But:

1) It would spoil the view from the BRDC Grandstand in the 'Head On' position
2) It would ruin the Camera shot, although would be good for smothering with adverts.
Old 18 Jan 2017, 12:14 (Ref:3703351)   #179
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Surely if Bernie wanted the British GP he would dig into his own pocket and not complain about the lack of government funding, Just shows he's easy to see through