Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 Jun 2009, 15:38 (Ref:2474780)   #126
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
or Castle Combe - then I could go home each night! Mind you we almost have that next weekend when Masters have CC on Saturday and HSCC on Sunday
Old 3 Jun 2009, 19:28 (Ref:2474902)   #127
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Race 5 - Autosport 3 hours - first hour (1)

Now the big one - I'm going to try to include a picture of every car in this race, at least once, so be ready for the long haul - some of course will appear in the same pic!

39 cars started this race; an absolutely fabulous grid of cars. Sadly we'd lost the Simon Drabble/Terry Van Der Zee Merlin Mk6 the day before, so we didn't even see it for practice. Then during qualifying we lost the beautiful Nick Shrigley-Feigle/Frank Lyons/Jo Sebastien blue and gold AC Cobra, a real disappointment since it had been the only Cobra entered. We also nearly lost one of the potential outright winners. I 'bounced' (yes, light of foot, even at my age!) into the pits of the Jon Shipman/Mark Hales whilst the Crossle was being worked on, not realising the situation, and cheerfully asked MH about his chances. The response was 'we're out, we're not racing, driveshaft failure'. Ooops, not so light footed, I beat a hasty exit to inform commentator Pye of said failure. Of course, the problem was resolved, and the car did start from the back of the grid, but I learned later that it had run for over 2 hours the day before, and in the light of what happened last year, and what was to happen again during the race, you will note an emerging pattern!

This year, there were 2 compulsory pit stops, so that in fact, you could go to 3 drivers. In the end most ran with two, although in two cases, a single driver drove the whole 3 hours.

Simon Hadfield put Michael Schryver's Chevron B6 (49), the winning car from the two previous years, on pole with the Cottingham brothers B8 (78) alongside, so their battle, with James Cottingham starting in the B8, from the previous year, was to be resumed. The race had a rolling start, and I noted that some cars had started racing well before they crossed the startline with overtaking taking place. No names, no pack drill! In the first pic you see the cars (pace car, out of sight to the left) in nice orderly formation. The Chris Atkinson/Frank Lyons(replacing the under the weather Anthony Goddard) Piper (31) lined up 3rd on the grid, but there was a question over the qualifying lap time attributed to it. The front rows are pretty much dominated by the Chevrons, although you can see the Roger Wills/Joe Twyman Elva Mk7 and the Andy Willis/Rob Hall Brabham BT5 well up, along with the GT40 of Shaun Lynn and Andrew Haddon. It would have been great to see the GT40 even a bit closer to the front. However, all credit for bringing this classic heavyweight endurance racer to this event to take on all those nimble sports racers, and a big public thank you to Lynn for doing so.

The second picture shows Roger Wills already flying (lap2?) ahead of the Piper, which sadly pulled off on the Revett Straight to retire on lap 19, the second car to retire from the race. Pic 3 is of the GT40, whilst the next pic shows the Jeremy Deeley/Simon Hamilton Lotus 23 (48) which sadly was the first to retire after completing only 9 laps. Behind it is the Robert Barrie/Steve Monk Porsche 911, with the Shipman/Hales Crossle already making substantial progress through the field. Next up is the Stephen Bond/Keith Fell Lotus Elan 26R and the last shows the Lotus 11 of Dutton/Dutton, second oldest car in the field which also failed to last much beyond the 45 minute mark when it had completed 27 laps.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7454wl4.jpg   IMG_7464wl4.jpg   IMG_7466wl4.jpg  

IMG_7477wl4.jpg   IMG_7508wl4.jpg   IMG_7512wl4.jpg  

Last edited by John Turner; 14 Jul 2009 at 13:59.
Old 3 Jun 2009, 20:00 (Ref:2474917)   #128
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Race 5 - Autosport 3 hours - first hour (2)

Here we have the very rare Brabham BT5 (5), one of only two built, which was actually leading at the end of the first hour, having not stopped so early as the frontrunners. Next is the Ian Conway/Cliff Ryan MGB (38). Up the front, the Hadfield/Cottingham battle raged on, James snatching the lead on lap 1 and then shadowed by Simon until the former outbraked himself into the Russell Chicane (see pic). SH then held the lead for many laps, on lap 17 posting fastest lap of the race at 1.15.866, no-one else getting under 1.16 all race, but then he fell back behind the B8 and was clearly in trouble, and pitted with a failed stub axle; the end of its race we thought. The next pic shows the George Douglas/Chris Fearon Ginetta G16 (93), followed by the Les Ely/Graham Dodd E-type (77), the Will Schryver/Ollie Smith, Elan 26R (51), the Clive Wilson/Pete Chambers Elva mk7 (70) and the John Watson/Matthew Watts Elan (4). Pic 5 shows an another early retiree from the race, the Paul Smeeth/Stuart Tilley Elva Mk7S, which managed 25 laps. Finally, the lead battle already amongst lapped traffic; the 21 car is the very standard looking (apart from the cage) E type Jaguar of solo driver, Per Jonsson who finished the race after 3 hours in a very creditable 26th position.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7545wl4.jpg   IMG_7546wl4.jpg   IMG_7564wl4.jpg  

IMG_7572wl4.jpg   IMG_7594wl4.jpg   IMG_7608wl4.jpg  

Last edited by John Turner; 4 Jun 2009 at 12:14. Reason: Spotted an error re 38 MGB
Old 3 Jun 2009, 21:03 (Ref:2474957)   #129
jhh911
Rookie

United Kingdom
cawood uk
jhh911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As a driver who has competed in ff1600 both in period and as a historic series, I have to defend the quality of driving in the hscc series.Make no mistake this is probably the most competitive series of historic racing in Europe, with lap times equal to those of cars many years younger and much faster than period lap times. With cars running within inches of each other and positions changing several times a lap, the fact that there are not more incidents is a testament to the hard but fair approach that is the unspoken rule of the game amongst leading competitors.However, quite rightly, the series is not just about those of us want to run at the front but also about those whe want to have a good weekend's racing amongst like minded people.What we had at the weekend was a series of unfortunate incidents which were a result of nothing more than the closeness of the racing. As for my own incident ,sure it could be described as 'silly' to stuff the car in qualifying,however, in my experience it is not usual to expect the car in front to brake as I hit the gas to exit the chicane.I certaimly did not destroy my car and hinder my championship position on purpose and I apologise for any 'inconvenience' I might have contributed to.See you at Castle Combe and thanks to all who lent us bits and pieces to try to fix the car in the true spirit of historic formula ford, plus of course wishes for a speedy recovery to the injured drivers.
Old 4 Jun 2009, 06:57 (Ref:2475129)   #130
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I couldn't agree more, I also believe its an integral part of the team effort, therefore I think we should be allowed to change as efficiently as we like and go . . .as long as we're not doing anything dangerous! Well planned and executed pitstops have made races for me . . .just as well as I'm not going to do it driving in my car!

I believe stop goes where for pit lane speeding . . . again, another part of team/ driver management

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
As a driver, I enjoy the tactics of a pitstop and it lets the crew feel as if they're doing something useful for a change. The non-driver-change 1 minute however seemed an eternity, I had to check the laptimes as I was convinced my timekeeper had missed a minute.

Re policing, what did the stop-go penalties for pitlane infringements relate to in the saloon race? Someone was obviously watching!
Old 4 Jun 2009, 06:59 (Ref:2475132)   #131
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Fair point James, posh cars are nice to watch, but if its APp K and its policed then the cars shouldn't be over prepared, lets face it, the posh cars probably have more money thrown at 'competitive preparation' than the lowly ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Murray View Post
It was already full! If the b8's were taken out the pre 66 sports racers would blow everything else away anyway. The Crossle would still be eligible and an Elva Mk8 would be also. Both of these are no slower than a B8.

Personally as a spectator I would rather watch B8's and Gt40's than over prepared Lotus Cortinas and Mini Coopers but I agree Simon its very subjective.
Old 4 Jun 2009, 07:00 (Ref:2475133)   #132
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Thank you, John (jhh911); aware of your involvement in the qualifying accident, I was hoping that you would come on here and comment. Very pleased, too, that you're OK, and that the Elden will be out again, soon.
Old 4 Jun 2009, 07:05 (Ref:2475137)   #133
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
John fantastic Guards Trophy report and reading it and seeing the photo's makes me even more gutted to have pulled the entry following testing malaise...
the Jonsson period spec E Type is a great example of how far they have advanced since then! I admire and respect the fact that he hasn't made it yet another overly quick E Type - we must not forget that in period with the exception of the lightweights they were not that successful - and I speak as a self confessed Jaguar fan!
Old 4 Jun 2009, 07:08 (Ref:2475138)   #134
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
I couldn't agree more, I also believe its an integral part of the team effort, therefore I think we should be allowed to change as efficiently as we like and go . . .as long as we're not doing anything dangerous! Well planned and executed pitstops have made races for me . . .just as well as I'm not going to do it driving in my car!

I believe stop goes where for pit lane speeding . . . again, another part of team/ driver management
I agree with all of that where a pit stop is required, for say a driver change, tyre stop, repairs or whatever, but that is a completely different scenario to those stops I was referring to at the weekend, where the cars were required simply to come in and stop for a fixed time and then released without any other purpose for the stop. It seems rather superfluous.
Old 4 Jun 2009, 07:42 (Ref:2475162)   #135
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
exactly John, there is little consistency across the board as well, almost every year at Spa someone comes up with a different idea to delay progress . . . maybe a cartwheel or handstand this year!
Old 4 Jun 2009, 09:15 (Ref:2475212)   #136
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Race 5 - Autosport 3 hours - Second hour (1)

The first pic was actually taken before the end of the first hour (all my times are approximate only); we see Adrian Van Der Kroft (helmet matching car!) in the the Merlyn Mk4/6 (37), the BT5 again and on the right the oldest car in the race, the 1954 Arnolt Bristol of Geoffrey O'Connell and Ed Cottam. This stayed the course, completing 90 laps and finishing 27th, an excellent effort. Another shot of the GT40 entering the Esses. 94 is Denis Welch in the Healey 3000; he drove the whole race on his own to finish 14th, a superb result and a fine display of stamina, too! 96 is the Dick Grainger/Stuart Jefcoate 911 which retired just after the hour and a half mark, having completed 49 laps. By this time the Cottingham B8 was the established frontrunner and the target (not literally!) for any of the other cars with pretentions for the victory. In this picture, the car passes cameraman, one Jeff Bloxham who accused me of stalking him, whereas, of course clearly the opposite is true! Finally, a shot of the James and Andrew Schryver B8, only included because of the flames, possibly an indication of the misfire which afflicted this car during one stint, but rectified, as James told me, at the pit stop. A better pic of that car will appear later!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7733wl4.jpg   IMG_7770wl4.jpg   IMG_7784wl4.jpg  

IMG_7837wl4.jpg   IMG_7846wl4.jpg   IMG_7851wl4.jpg  

Old 4 Jun 2009, 09:48 (Ref:2475231)   #137
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
pre 68 invitation cars are a sensitive point. Personally I dont have a problem with them as I am not talented enough to consider an outright win but there are those that will not race with Guards because they dont want to be blown away by B8's etc...
It would certainly be more in period keeping to have FIA appendix K saloons and there is currently no where for them to stretch their legs for 3 hours in UK
there is no right or wrong in this one merely views. I dont know how big a grid HSCC would be allowed to run but it would certainly be full!
I agree. It was great this year that there was more recognition for the first proper Guards Trophy car home in the form of the Turnstyle Trophy courtesy of John. However it was still rather strange in the prize giving that there was a first, second and third GT car, first second and third overall (3 invitation class B8s) and only 1 trophy, for first overall, for the sports cars.
Old 4 Jun 2009, 09:59 (Ref:2475240)   #138
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
John fantastic Guards Trophy report and reading it and seeing the photo's makes me even more gutted to have pulled the entry following testing malaise...
the Jonsson period spec E Type is a great example of how far they have advanced since then! I admire and respect the fact that he hasn't made it yet another overly quick E Type - we must not forget that in period with the exception of the lightweights they were not that successful - and I speak as a self confessed Jaguar fan!
I wish I'd taken a photo of the tyres on that E-type. They looked like bicycle wheels in comparison to what most E-types now run!
Old 4 Jun 2009, 10:09 (Ref:2475244)   #139
simon drabble
Veteran

and I would imagine the correct steel bonnet/tub combo... I would sort the suspension out a bit though as it gets pretty wild at times!
However given at least one lightweight replica in Guards is a reshelled coupe it is a refreshing sight - good on you sir!!
Old 4 Jun 2009, 10:13 (Ref:2475249)   #140
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Race 5 - Autosport 3 hours - second hour (2)

The B8s of Andrew Hill/Harry Wyndham (97) which was lying 2nd, a lap down to the Cottinghams, at the end of the 2nd hour, and Alan Minshaw/Guy Minshaw (22) lying 8th at the same point, but elevated itself to 6th at the final flag. The Chris Lillingstone-Price/Chris Sharples B8 (25). Chris L-P, as he recounted to me afterwards, caused his co-driver some grief, as at the handover, he inadvertantly stopped at the wrong pitbox. Whilst Chris Sharples got in and away safely, a penalty beckoned for this transgression. Unfortunately, Sharples either failed to see the black flag, or if he did, had forgotten his racing number. I believe it was 7 laps before he twigged that the flag was for him, by which time a stop/go penalty had become an 'out your car and see the CoC' penalty! The resulting loss of laps probably cost them a couple of places, finishing 8th overall. The third pic shows the Barrie/Monk 911 being pursued out of the Esses by the 81 Merlyn Mk 6, now with Joe Twyman aboard, and the Merlyn 37 Mk4/6, now with Gareth Burnett at the helm. Gareth was not to complete his stint however, as the car retired just before the 1 hour 40 minute mark, having completed 54 laps. I suppose the big surprise in the second hour was seeing Simon Hadfield out again. The car had lost 10-12 laps I guess but with two thirds of the race still to run, clearly Simon and Michael Schryver thought it worth having a crack at charging up the leader board. Certainly Simon was really on it, passing the Shipman Crossle, a move started on the inside into the Bombhole and completed through Coram. Unfortunately, his charge was immediately slowed when on the next lap Shipman tagged the B6 on the exit to the Esses, whilst they were about to lap a backmarker. SH recovered from the ensuing spin and continued to lap at unabated pace until the 83rd minute when the car was brought in to retire for good. 74 is the little Diva GT of Peter Aylett/Steve Farrall/Ian Jones lapping fast and consistently which lay 20th at 2 hours and pressed on to complete the race in 17th place, another great effort. Karl Weatherall was another driver who went solo (so I was wrong; it's 3 not 2) and his TR4 did seem to attract the attention of the faster cars. Here he has been tapped into a spin by the BT5 (but I cannot comment on blame, since I didn't see the start of the incident. The TR4 was later much more heavily assaulted in the Russell Chicane and I have a pic of that as well.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7897wl4.jpg   IMG_7922wl4.jpg   IMG_7964wl4.jpg  

IMG_7973wl4.jpg   IMG_7984wl3.jpg   IMG_8012wl4.jpg  

Last edited by John Turner; 4 Jun 2009 at 13:55.
Old 4 Jun 2009, 12:28 (Ref:2475311)   #141
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Photos of the aforementioned E-type:

Old 4 Jun 2009, 14:19 (Ref:2475350)   #142
DILLIGAF
Rookie

DILLIGAF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saloon Endurance

A two hour saloon race was requested at the HRSR agm. Which received support from the members. Graham took this on board, but unfortunately felt that due to the current financial climate was to much of a risk to the club to run.
Perhaps if he was aware of more outside support this may encourage him to give it a chance!
Old 4 Jun 2009, 16:49 (Ref:2475424)   #143
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
A 2 hour race was suggested at the AGM of the HRSR and a good majority didn't want it, or put another way voted that they wouldn't enter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
A two hour saloon race was requested at the HRSR agm. Which received support from the members. Graham took this on board, but unfortunately felt that due to the current financial climate was to much of a risk to the club to run.
Perhaps if he was aware of more outside support this may encourage him to give it a chance!
Old 4 Jun 2009, 16:56 (Ref:2475430)   #144
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
perhaps a one hour race then, build up to it so we have a two hour one year after.
Old 5 Jun 2009, 10:09 (Ref:2475880)   #145
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Race 5 - Autosport 3 hours - Third hour (1)

Now I have to admit that I didn't take nearly as many pics in the last hour as the first two, so some of these were probably taken before the two hours was up!

Locking up a front wheel in the Esses is the Clive Wilson/Pete Chambers Elva Mk7 (70), the car going on to finish an excellent 7th overall, and 2nd in the SRB class. No 7 is Nick Thompson/Sean McLurg/Goater Elva Mk7S, this an SRD car, having the bigger 2 litre BMW engine. It finished 12th. The third pic shows 3 of the Porsche 911s running together towards the Bombhole, being lapped by the Andrew & James Schryver B8, with the BT5 about to follow through. We've not said too much about the pretty Crossle Sports (is it a 9S?) progress through the field but from the back it made very rapid progress indeed early on, although losing time to the Hadfield/Cottingham battle at the front, already in the top 10 at the end of the first hour and 4th at the end of the second, although I'm a bit perplexed by the race time it was given (I'll come back to that later!). Here it is back in the hands of Mark Hales, at which stage I'm fairly certain it was 2nd and closing on the leading B8, driven at the time by Jeremy Cottingham. You can see the results of Jon Shipman's earlier contact with Hadfield. Next pic shows the Peter Tognola/Mike Wilds (THE Mike Wilds? - if so, I certainly missed that one, doh!) 911 which went on to finish 24th and finally in this set, the Andrew Bentley/Martin Richardson MGB (98) which finished 21st.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8040wl4.jpg   IMG_8049wl4.jpg   IMG_8061wl4.jpg  

IMG_8063wl4.jpg   IMG_8096wl4.jpg   IMG_8120wl4.jpg  

Old 5 Jun 2009, 10:12 (Ref:2475881)   #146
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
I now crave your patience, as I'm not quite sure when I'll be able to continue this review. Probably not today, anyway. Please talk amongst yourselves; any startling revelations?
Old 6 Jun 2009, 09:34 (Ref:2476400)   #147
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only that Gordon Brown has handed back £180 Expenses.
Old 6 Jun 2009, 10:24 (Ref:2476425)   #148
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Race 5 - Autosport 3 hours - Third hour (2)

A mere bagatelle, Terry! Now what about some input from some more drivers in this race!

The John Watson/Matthew Watts Lotus Elan went very well and completed the 3 hours in 10th place. The Elan 26R (51) of Will Schryver and Ollie Smith went one better to finish 9th and winning the B1 class. Smith was particularly hard charging as you would expect, locking up regularly both in the Russsel chicane and the Esses, where on one occasion, it took him well onto the grass! Here it passes the B2 class winning Porsche 911 of Robert Barrie and Steve Monk, who finished 15th. Next pic is a touch of deja vu, Mark Hales extracts himself for the second year running following the failure again of the offside rear hub. Now I'm confused by the time given to this car, because according to the two hour bulletin it was 4th but stationary, whereas I'm sure at the time this happened it was 2nd and we were into the last hour; maybe I'm just getting senile! Anyway, another fine attacking drive for victory defeated by driveshaft failure, and whilst I am aware this car has won enduros, there must be something about the particular stresses that Snetterton circuit imposes on this well developed car which has led to 3 similar failures after 2 hours plus of hard driving. Passing the stationary Hales here is the Andrew and James Schryver B8 which, as last year went onto another fine podium place, 2nd. James seems to particularly like this circuit and goes really well here. Next pic shows a pair of E-types; 77 is the C2 class winning car of Les Ely and Graeme Dodd which finished 11th overall, followed here by Michael Haywood/Julian Haywood which finished 16th and 3rd in the C2 class, the two being split in that class by the excellent Denis Welch in the Healey 3000. 43 is the Lotus 23B of Matthew and Roger Newman, 20th overall and 3rd in the SRB class, whilst the final pic of this set (yes, more to come!) is the Steve and Will Hodges B8 which was 4th.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8171wl4.jpg   IMG_8234wl4.jpg   IMG_8248wl4.jpg  

IMG_8278wl4.jpg   IMG_8284wl4.jpg   IMG_8314wl4.jpg  

Last edited by John Turner; 7 Jun 2009 at 08:25.
Old 7 Jun 2009, 08:20 (Ref:2476790)   #149
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Race 5 - Autosport 3 hours - Third hour (3)

A fine drive by Tony and Pia Bianchi in the 99 car brought them 19th overall, first of the MGBs home, and 2nd in the B2 class. 95 is the James Pearson/Suzanne Sears/Michael Bell MGB which finished 23rd. 88 is the TR4 of Andy Somerville/Andy Driver which finished 25th. The 4th pic, is the promised better (a bit!) pic of the 2nd place Chevron B8 of Andrew and James Schryver, whilst pic 5 shows the impact between the George Douglas/Chris Fearon Ginetta G16 and the TR4 of Karl Wetherell. The Ginetta driver just seemed to miss his braking point, or maybe had fading brakes at this stage of the race. In any event it was a fearful clatter and the drivers door of the TR4 was heavily dented; nevertheles both cars continued and, Wetherell finishing a good 18th and first in the B3 class whilst the Ginetta was 13th. Finally, Rebecca Ruff gets well out of the way of the lapping B8 (34) in the Porsche 911 shared with Joel Wykeham which went on to finish 22nd.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7891wl4.jpg   IMG_7954wl4.jpg   IMG_8066wl4.jpg  

IMG_8111wl4.jpg   IMG_8349wl4.jpg   IMG_8376wl4.jpg  

Last edited by John Turner; 7 Jun 2009 at 10:07.
Old 7 Jun 2009, 08:59 (Ref:2476817)   #150
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John,

Absolutely brilliant reports and pictures as always, certainly provides the full story to the event, which I am sure is really appreciated by all the competitors and team members and indeed others like myself who are perhaps focused on specific aspects during the various races. Keep up the good work!

Terry