Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 18 Mar 2017, 06:49 (Ref:3719536)   #26
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Nothing more than lipstick on a pig!

Still doesn't fix the mish mash ugly livery.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Old 18 Mar 2017, 11:15 (Ref:3719576)   #27
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
See the annual push for the AGP supports to become a championship round is on again. With Bernie having left the F1 building, a new owner to try and persuade. http://www.speedcafe.com/2017/03/18/...ionship-round/

Probably the usual threats to not renew, yet given it is probably the biggest motorsport event in Oz from a corporate hospitality standpoint, V8SC will take what they are given.
Old 19 Mar 2017, 00:43 (Ref:3719867)   #28
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Being 10 minute sessions means most drivers will only get one flying lap!
Old 20 Mar 2017, 06:33 (Ref:3720107)   #29
RedZedMikey
Racer

Australia
Victoria, Australia
RedZedMikey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Should have used those green cans as inspiration for a special livery. Obviously Red Bull relevant ... the Holden could have been in white. It might have been a Red bull livery I would actually like!
Old 20 Mar 2017, 07:14 (Ref:3720108)   #30
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman View Post
Being 10 minute sessions means most drivers will only get one flying lap!
Flying lap takes just under 2 minutes around there in a VASC car. Let's say that an out lap from the pit lane amounts to 3 minutes, that still leaves enough time in the session for 4 flying laps IF each car stays out and IF there are no red flags etc.

In the 30 minute sessions last year, most cars did 9-10 laps.

I'm hearing you on the shortness of the sessions, 10 minutes is not much at all but seems like a stretch to suggest only 1 flying lap as the likely outcome.
Old 20 Mar 2017, 07:58 (Ref:3720112)   #31
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So is Taz , having a four day break from demolition, or is a F1 friday/test driver going to have a crack at a V8?
Old 20 Mar 2017, 08:50 (Ref:3720121)   #32
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Money, enthusiasm, and the correct license will be the detirmining factors.
Old 21 Mar 2017, 03:32 (Ref:3720344)   #33
Henry
Veteran

Australia
hero to zero in two seconds flat
Henry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Money, enthusiasm, and the correct license will be the detirmining factors.
I'd say if one had two of the three, enthusiasm would be optional... and probably difficult to provide in large volumes...
Old 21 Mar 2017, 07:59 (Ref:3720368)   #34
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The enthusiasm element is what saw the well-funded individuals such as Mr Pither, and Mr Heimgartner pursue other options.
Old 21 Mar 2017, 10:37 (Ref:3720382)   #35
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

BJR Become Rainbow Warriors for AGP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Article
"This isn't about making a political statement or taking a stand. We support it, but it's not a continuation of Holden's Sydney Mardi Gras campaign. It's about inclusion, equality and diversity in general."

Holden agreed to provide BJR with one-off financial support of the car for the event, with the team adopting the company's corporate diversity theme. The team doesn't have a title sponsor for the car.
Looks great.. and a good way to communicate what Holden stands for!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 21 Mar 2017, 11:27 (Ref:3720392)   #36
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Looks great.. and a good way to communicate what Holden stands for!
Wow, what a way to guarantee column inches - well played BJR.

Clearly massive political issue at the moment.
Old 21 Mar 2017, 12:43 (Ref:3720400)   #37
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 21 Mar 2017, 13:00 (Ref:3720403)   #38
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That is going to look very good on TV.
Old 21 Mar 2017, 20:47 (Ref:3720480)   #39
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 21 Mar 2017, 21:55 (Ref:3720489)   #40
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Wow, what a way to guarantee column inches - well played BJR.

Clearly massive political issue at the moment.
One would hope they aren't doing this for the column inches.
Old 21 Mar 2017, 23:00 (Ref:3720494)   #41
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
BJR have supported a number of different initiatives over the years, including Genes for Jeans and the like.

If this has people talking about the issue.. awesome!

If this helps BJR into a new commercial naming rights partner for #8 for the balance of the season.. also awesome!
Old 21 Mar 2017, 23:52 (Ref:3720500)   #42
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

If this has people talking about the issue.. awesome!

Most of the talk wont be about the "issue".
Old 22 Mar 2017, 00:55 (Ref:3720508)   #43
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
I wasn't being cynical - any initiative like this is good, and has the potential to polarise fans and sponsors alike - definitely a divisive issue so I applaud BJR for doing it.

The thing to understand however is that this only happens in any commercial business for socio-economic reasons.
Old 22 Mar 2017, 03:56 (Ref:3720528)   #44
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
PS2244 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.supercars.com/news/champi.../?sf64769990=1
New primary sponsor for Walkinshaw this weekend as well
Old 22 Mar 2017, 03:58 (Ref:3720529)   #45
Mixer
Veteran

Be interesting to see how that looks - also interesting that it seems Monster has split with Courtney.
Old 22 Mar 2017, 04:03 (Ref:3720533)   #46
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Be interesting to see how that looks - also interesting that it seems Monster has split with Courtney.
just to add to that. Monster is not listed as a partner Mobil 1 HSV Racing Team
Old 22 Mar 2017, 05:12 (Ref:3720540)   #47
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wonderful cause the the colourscheme looks fantastic

.....the most important question to be asked though, where is the naming rights sponsorship for car #8???
Old 22 Mar 2017, 05:22 (Ref:3720543)   #48
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
.....the most important question to be asked though, where is the naming rights sponsorship for car #8???
Missing in action...
Old 22 Mar 2017, 05:59 (Ref:3720546)   #49
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post

Thats ridiculous.

The posts after seeing that livery were always going to head in that direction.
People are too sensitive these days.
Some of us just don't need or want this equality stuff forced upon us at every turn.
Says the person who doesn't need to fight for equality in society!

Imagine how the individual who faces inequality, discrimination and some of the so called 'humor' displayed in this thread on a daily basis would feel reading your post?

I am sure some of them don't need or want inequality forced upon them at every turn - but yet it happens.

Whats the more important sacrifice here?
Old 22 Mar 2017, 05:59 (Ref:3720547)   #50
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Am I the only one here hoping it grabs pole?

... I'll show myself out

Lol

It is concerning that BJR haven't found a season sponsor for last years Clipsal winner. If they had a plan in place where it was a revolving canvas through out the year then so be it but it seems like only option at the moment as opposed to a pre season plan with sponsors in place.

So we had P Wagen, will this be called the Rainbow Warrior?