Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 22 Oct 2012, 18:27 (Ref:3155991)   #26
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Regalia is my hope for next year. Hope he could attract the interest of my countrymen into GP2 again. The glory days when JM López was in the series were long gone...
Old 23 Oct 2012, 10:51 (Ref:3156416)   #27
W.A Trichlorostyrene
Veteran

W.A Trichlorostyrene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rapax will be testing Juncadella at next week's open test. He has clinched the F3 Euro Series title last week-end.

http://www.gp2series.com/News-Room/N...-in-Barcelona/
Old 23 Oct 2012, 11:45 (Ref:3156439)   #28
cappra250
Rookie

cappra250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Most probably Calado will stay for a second year at ART.
Old 23 Oct 2012, 13:51 (Ref:3156494)   #29
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Thought, heard Vainio and Nasr are sealed by ART?!
Old 23 Oct 2012, 14:11 (Ref:3156502)   #30
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex K View Post
Thought, heard Vainio and Nasr are sealed by ART?!
Hmm, interesting! Source please Alex as whilst Nasr seems perfectly logical, I thought it highly likely the Finn would be doing FR3.5?
Old 23 Oct 2012, 15:32 (Ref:3156537)   #31
BackmarkerUK
Racer

England
BackmarkerUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Andre Negrao will test for Racing Engineering
Old 23 Oct 2012, 18:07 (Ref:3156610)   #32
cleanup
Rookie

England
cleanup should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Hmm, interesting! Source please Alex as whilst Nasr seems perfectly logical, I thought it highly likely the Finn would be doing FR3.5?
Interesting gossip on Nasr at ART for 2013. Why would he leave a winning team having built up a great relationship and would undoubtedly be Dams number one, sure if he wanted to be champion, he would stay with Dams???
Old 23 Oct 2012, 18:27 (Ref:3156619)   #33
BackmarkerUK
Racer

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanup View Post
Interesting gossip on Nasr at ART for 2013. Why would he leave a winning team having built up a great relationship and would undoubtedly be Dams number one, sure if he wanted to be champion, he would stay with Dams???
He doesn't have a great relationship with DAMS - he said they were only capable of supporting one car for the championship, so Valsecchi got all the support and he had to make to with the leftovers, which is why he wants to leave. ART probably offers as good a chance of being champion, as they have a very good history in GP2, and his Banco do Brasil money gives him the freedom to go pretty much where he pleases.
Old 23 Oct 2012, 18:29 (Ref:3156621)   #34
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sure ART would be the best choice but anyway Nasr will be in my opinion the favourite in any top team
Old 23 Oct 2012, 18:34 (Ref:3156624)   #35
BackmarkerUK
Racer

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_For_Pole View Post
Sure ART would be the best choice but anyway Nasr will be in my opinion the favourite in any top team
Depends if Calado's back in my opinion (and where). He had a very strong debut season, if he ends up in any of the teams capable of challenging for the title (and there are plenty of them) he could easily give Nasr a run for his money. And then there's the possibility of the experienced drivers, such as Ericsson returning for yet another year and cleaning up, like Valsecchi and Razia did this year.
Old 23 Oct 2012, 18:38 (Ref:3156625)   #36
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Of course you are right about Calado but for Ericsson, I have lost my faith in him
Old 23 Oct 2012, 21:54 (Ref:3156718)   #37
boyndie
Rookie

Scotland
Scottish Highlands
boyndie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackmarkerUK View Post
Sergio Canamasas is also trying to get a GP2 budget together.
oh god!!
Old 23 Oct 2012, 22:16 (Ref:3156730)   #38
cleanup
Rookie

England
cleanup should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
He doesn't have a great relationship with DAMS - he said they were only capable of supporting one car for the championship, so Valsecchi got all the support and he had to make to with the leftovers, which is why he wants to leave. ART probably offers as good a chance of being champion, as they have a very good history in GP2, and his Banco do Brasil money gives him the freedom to go pretty much where he pleases.
Thanks,wasnt aware of that, not so sure the point about Dams being capable of supporting just one car is too accurate, anyone, including a driver as good as NASR having Valsecchi as your team mate in his fifth year is likely to feel a bit grudged purely on Valsecchi's experience rather than talent but he did a great job to win. I also guess that if Nasr has spoken out as stated, his days at Dams will be over anyway irrespective of all that Banco De Brasil money. Its also likely that the top teams including ART will have a choice of well funded drivers for their seats and will be in a position to select the best overall prospect for them to deliver. Wherever Nasr ends up, he will have a good team mate.
Old 24 Oct 2012, 11:35 (Ref:3156962)   #39
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
@chunterer that's a gossip I heard from a fella who will be taking part in GP2 testing, hopefully/maybe in full season. Just gossip...

Wherever Nasr ends up he'll be number 1 contender for crown. Now, it looks as tho Ericsson has gone to rival series - I believe he wouldn't be testing with P1 if he was going for yet another stint in GP2, Gutierrez is possibly F1 bound, etc. Yeah Nasr is red hot fav IMO.
Old 24 Oct 2012, 13:12 (Ref:3157005)   #40
BackmarkerUK
Racer

England
iSport announce line up for two day test at Barcelona - Facu Regalia, Jolyon Palmer and Pal Varhaug.

So I would speculate that next year's line up will be either Palmer and Varhaug or Palmer and Regalia.
Old 24 Oct 2012, 15:13 (Ref:3157055)   #41
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
iSport announce line up for two day test at Barcelona - Facu Regalia, Jolyon Palmer and Pal Varhaug.
I never realised iSport were a Brutush team

Glad Canamasas might be back. Not because I think he's amazing but because he has a really cool name!
Old 24 Oct 2012, 18:53 (Ref:3157126)   #42
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
He also crashes in the most spectacular and imaginable ways possible
Old 24 Oct 2012, 20:04 (Ref:3157161)   #43
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex K View Post
@chunterer that's a gossip I heard from a fella who will be taking part in GP2 testing, hopefully/maybe in full season. Just gossip...

Wherever Nasr ends up he'll be number 1 contender for crown. Now, it looks as tho Ericsson has gone to rival series - I believe he wouldn't be testing with P1 if he was going for yet another stint in GP2, Gutierrez is possibly F1 bound, etc. Yeah Nasr is red hot fav IMO.
Cheers for that, maybe your man will continue to be a good source for us!
Old 24 Oct 2012, 22:32 (Ref:3157240)   #44
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nasr title contender? Negrao stepping up to the series? I though the Piquets were out of GP2, now it seems I was wrong...
Old 25 Oct 2012, 08:47 (Ref:3157349)   #45
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
Nasr title contender? Negrao stepping up to the series? I though the Piquets were out of GP2, now it seems I was wrong...
Is this Negrao the same Negrao from GP2 a few years back or a relative?!
Old 25 Oct 2012, 08:56 (Ref:3157353)   #46
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It's his younger brother I think
Old 25 Oct 2012, 08:59 (Ref:3157357)   #47
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
It's his younger brother I think
Thanks!

He doesn't seem any better so far?
Old 25 Oct 2012, 09:37 (Ref:3157374)   #48
BackmarkerUK
Racer

England
Quote:
They're cousins, I think. He's about 7 years younger than the one who was in GP2 in 2005.
Old 25 Oct 2012, 11:31 (Ref:3157406)   #49
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks!

He doesn't seem any better so far?
Andre turned out a few solid performances in FR 3.5 this year. It is hard to judge Xandi as he was Piquet's ***** in GP2. If anything, Andre has probably done a bit better.
Old 25 Oct 2012, 11:31 (Ref:3157407)   #50
BackmarkerUK
Racer

England
Racing Engineering unveils its test line-up for Barcelona

Andre Negrao and Gianmarco Raimondo on day 1, Nigel Melker and Facu Regalia on day 2.

Canadian Raimondo won the European F3 Open this year - I'm not sure if the GP2 test is just a prize, or if he's seriously being considered for a seat.