Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 19 Nov 2006, 05:25 (Ref:1769410)   #1
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Congratulations Andy!

My first post in the WTCC forum!

Well done to Andy Priaulx for winning the WTCC this year. I found my favourite driver!

I just finished watching my first ever WTCC race. Macau, wow! It is so awesome! The racing was good, the on track action was brilliant and (most) of the drivers played clean. Well done to the FIA for creating a such a fantastic series. Now bring them to Australia!
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 19 Nov 2006, 05:34 (Ref:1769418)   #2
Obizzz
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Obizzz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep congrats to Andy!

Well done!

Sad for me that Rydell had a bit of bad luck in qualifying etc but Priaulx is a worthy winner for the series.

Now I'm going to bed haha.
Old 19 Nov 2006, 08:35 (Ref:1769447)   #3
rescue dude
Veteran

England
rescue dude is a back marker
Well done Andy.

How nerve racking was that second race?
Old 19 Nov 2006, 09:09 (Ref:1769465)   #4
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well Done Andy !!!
Well deserved, 3rd touring car title in a row aswell astounding(sp?).
Although I was working when the race happened I hope to watch a reply soon. (anyone have info for that ?)
Old 19 Nov 2006, 11:00 (Ref:1769507)   #5
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Wooshy
Well Done Andy !!!
Well deserved, 3rd touring car title in a row aswell astounding(sp?).
Although I was working when the race happened I hope to watch a reply soon. (anyone have info for that ?)
8pm GMT British Eurosport
Old 19 Nov 2006, 11:34 (Ref:1769532)   #6
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
ATF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obizzz
Yep congrats to Andy!

Well done!

Sad for me that Rydell had a bit of bad luck in qualifying etc but Priaulx is a worthy winner for the series.

Yeah, well done Andy - what a star! A thoroughly deserved winner, he's been the one to beat all year.

I was disappointed not to see Rydell do better, especially as he had the potential to be right up there. He is one of my favourite drivers, although it would have been weird if he had won the title, cos he never seemed to me to be the best driver this year, he was always just there or thereabouts.
Old 19 Nov 2006, 11:41 (Ref:1769544)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Simply the best Andy!
Old 19 Nov 2006, 11:44 (Ref:1769546)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wow,

Can't follow it from russia but I'm pleased for the islander. A hat trick too!

Brilliant.
Old 19 Nov 2006, 11:47 (Ref:1769551)   #9
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Echo my post from the Macau thread, Good Job Andy!

3 world titles in a row next year?
Old 19 Nov 2006, 11:51 (Ref:1769556)   #10
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fantastic, really well done Andy
Old 19 Nov 2006, 11:55 (Ref:1769563)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidzer
Echo my post from the Macau thread, Good Job Andy!

3 world titles in a row next year?
Um, isn't it three in a row this year?
Old 19 Nov 2006, 12:00 (Ref:1769568)   #12
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Um, isn't it three in a row this year?
Euro Champ 2004, World Champ 2005 & 2006.

Brilliant
Old 19 Nov 2006, 12:05 (Ref:1769575)   #13
Happy Snapper
Veteran

Grenada
Uplyme, Lyme regis
Happy Snapper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great win two in a row... Well done Andy, family and team...
Old 19 Nov 2006, 12:07 (Ref:1769577)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
The Euro was effectively the World Championship seeing as they are one and the same so my point stands.
Old 19 Nov 2006, 12:30 (Ref:1769593)   #15
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Well done!

I preferred a SEAT driver or Jorg Muller but to be honost Priaulx was the best.
Old 19 Nov 2006, 12:49 (Ref:1769611)   #16
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As you can see by my avatar and signature, I've got "Andy fever"!
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 19 Nov 2006, 13:02 (Ref:1769625)   #17
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters
As you can see by my avatar and signature, I've got "Andy fever"!
Didn't he drive a V8 Supercar at Bathurst 3 or 4 years ago?
Old 19 Nov 2006, 13:07 (Ref:1769629)   #18
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Yep, I think it was 2002 with the K-Mart racing team. IIRC I met him that year, pretty down to Earth bloke.
Old 19 Nov 2006, 13:11 (Ref:1769631)   #19
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great finish to a close season. Just one point in it again, fantastic. The WTCC shiens again, with probably the best field of drivers outside F1, racing firmly but cleanly.
Old 19 Nov 2006, 14:27 (Ref:1769661)   #20
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Big congrats Andy!
Old 19 Nov 2006, 14:35 (Ref:1769665)   #21
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Those stamps of his must be shooting up in value now.

Congrats to Andy Priaulx.
Old 19 Nov 2006, 15:27 (Ref:1769671)   #22
Matski
Racer

Matski has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Nice one Priaulx
So, after waiting 20 minutes for him to come out of the back of the garage, Matski asks "Are you going to get Jacques' seat then?" Robert replies "ha ha, I don't know!", signs Matksi's cap, and retreats to his motorhome.
Old 19 Nov 2006, 15:42 (Ref:1769675)   #23
Matski
Racer

Matski has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
Didn't he drive a V8 Supercar at Bathurst 3 or 4 years ago?
He also drove the winning BMW M3 GTR at the Nürburgring 24h in '05
So, after waiting 20 minutes for him to come out of the back of the garage, Matski asks "Are you going to get Jacques' seat then?" Robert replies "ha ha, I don't know!", signs Matksi's cap, and retreats to his motorhome.
Old 19 Nov 2006, 17:00 (Ref:1769701)   #24
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congrats to Andy Priaulx... I wanted Rydell and SEAT to win, but ultimately Priaulx won it from qualifying... and from consistency.
Old 19 Nov 2006, 17:33 (Ref:1769712)   #25
J-C
Racer

England
Northants, UK
J-C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations to Andy on another fantastic performance this season, the title of "World Touring Car Champion" has seldom been more fitting.