Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 2 Feb 2004, 08:39 (Ref:859816)   #1
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Historic Racing and New Track Licences

A source today suggests that the HIstoric Racing Groups around Australia are not happy Jan!

Someone can correct me if I am wrong here - but I understand that for some time, all Historic Racing in Australia has basically been charged one overall fee for their racing permits for example CAMS pay have said a total of $60,000 for permit fees for 2003 with 10 Historic Meetings being run - this means each meeting has a fee of $6,000 (btw - figures plucked out of the air for this example).

This was an acceptable means of calculating permit fees and one which, as far as the Historic clubs were concerned, was still in operation.

However, either through misunderstanding or simply CAMS methodology, this is no longer the case and permit fees for Historic meetings has substantially risen.

Why raise this?

At the end of April, the Phillip Island Historic Magic meetng is being held and whispers are that because of this sudden rise in permit fees, the organisers of the meeting are very definately not happy campers and there appears to be some dissension in the rank of the Mini Club.

Is it possible that this meeting is in danger of collapsing? Whisper is that it could be....but then again - maybe politics is being brought into play to get the permit fee reduced????
Old 2 Feb 2004, 11:06 (Ref:859916)   #2
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Phhhaaarrrkkkk!!! I hope you are wrong on this one Race.

When you start putting Historics in danger and even the Mini people may not be happy, you are getting too close to the bone!! ::confused:

Pul-eze Pul-eze, someone inject some common sense into this catastrophic cluster !!!
Old 2 Feb 2004, 11:23 (Ref:859926)   #3
RaceTime
Veteran

Arghhh - one mistake to correct in the above - I said 'at the end of April' - obviously, for those that knwo this meeting I should have stated 'at the end of February'...

Apologies for that - it's been a long two days with many many phoe calls! (See I did say, yesterday, that there were a few more bombshells to come out this year!)
Old 2 Feb 2004, 11:33 (Ref:859937)   #4
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The way it's going i think it will be one long year for Australian motorsport.
Old 2 Feb 2004, 12:25 (Ref:860002)   #5
rpolinski
Racer

Australia
rpolinski should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And a very short one from a racing perspective.
Old 2 Feb 2004, 21:26 (Ref:860674)   #6
Big Trev
Racer

Big Trev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Racetime, I believe this was the reason why the Aust. Historic Motorfest at Winton late last year was run under AASA. I am sure Matthew R will clarify this for us.
Old 2 Feb 2004, 22:21 (Ref:860738)   #7
RaceTime
Veteran

I think last years event had more than just this involved in it - as I understand the 'blanket permit cost' blowout didn't hit until this year with the new track permits and, unfortunately, Phillip Island will be the first for the year.

Although, interestingly, isn't Queensland Raceways Historic meeting this year already designated as an AASA event? Crash - can you confirm this one please??
Old 3 Feb 2004, 00:27 (Ref:860859)   #8
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
RT- the top gear classic is coming up in a couple of weekend's time, and it will be our first AASA meeting. Tradtionally, the Historic brigade has from November to about March off (time between two hillclimbs), and the HRCC's first meeting is down for April/May at Morgan Park. No idea what is happing with the July Shannons meeting at QR at this stage.
Old 3 Feb 2004, 04:15 (Ref:860986)   #9
RaceTime
Veteran

BTW Crash - looked at that calendar page - for me no good sorry - doesn't mention some of things I need for the calendar (can't remember exactly which now but was either track, location, or organiser - something along those lines)
Old 3 Feb 2004, 21:40 (Ref:861847)   #10
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cool, i'll try and resurect the original.
Old 3 Feb 2004, 21:41 (Ref:861849)   #11
RaceTime
Veteran

Thanks..