Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 18 May 2005, 15:25 (Ref:1303819)   #1
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
crozier74 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's your LEAST favourite track... and why?

Actually, this topic cropped up in my head a few days ago, but I've been spurred on to post it after seeing Lustig's one

So, what's you least favourite track?
So I ride out to the old sundown
Old 18 May 2005, 15:40 (Ref:1303839)   #2
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
the_royksopp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hungaroring and Catalunya .

Oh, and Jyllands-Ringen - why couldn't the prime danish track be a little more exciting?
Old 18 May 2005, 15:59 (Ref:1303856)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Monaco.

Complete anachronism which only exists in F1 because of money, glamour and pretty people.
Old 18 May 2005, 16:10 (Ref:1303864)   #4
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, I'm categorising mine into least favorite to spectate at, least favorite to watch on TV, and just least favorite layout.

To spectate at
Donnington. There's surprisingly few places to see anything worth seeing. There are lots of fast corners, but none that make you go 'whoa'.

To watch on TV
Barcelona. Always dull racing, and the camera angles do little to actually demonstate the speed of some parts of it. Where's the low angle shot of the final corner for instance, like the one the have at turn 3?

for layout
Indianapolis (F1 track). Well, its just rubbish isn't it..
Old 18 May 2005, 18:38 (Ref:1303975)   #5
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Monaco.

Complete anachronism which only exists in F1 because of money, glamour and pretty people.
Which is exactly why its nice . Racing-wise its nothing, but it's still a classic .
Old 18 May 2005, 19:01 (Ref:1303992)   #6
lj79
Veteran

Qatar
lj79 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The new nurburgring. The only two decent bits have gone - the first chicane, no replaced by the naffest complex I ever did see, and also remember when the last chicane was really, really quick (is it the veedol chicane?), DTM 190s and M3s flying off the kerbs... I know its a better overtaking spot but, but its too slow now

I also thought some of the old DTM airfield circuits were crap - Diepholz, Wunstorf. I think at one of them you could start the whole grid alongside each other like they do in speedway, but 25 cars worth not 4 bikes!
Old 18 May 2005, 19:19 (Ref:1304002)   #7
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, Veedol has actually been reprofiled twice. The most recent variation is probably the worst. They may as well not bother IMO as you never really see overtaking there anyway, so I'd love to see the old corner back.
Old 18 May 2005, 19:57 (Ref:1304017)   #8
lj79
Veteran

Qatar
lj79 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
although i still go each year le mans aint nothing like it was in the 80's

87 - dunlop chicane (cos of the motorbikes)
90 - chicanes on mulsanne
96 - stalag fences on pit straight. u now can t see much standing opposite the pits
02 - the run down from dunlop bridge is no more. u r miles away from the track now between dunlop and the esses (cos of the motorbikes)
04 - viewing at ford chicane moved back

the spectator "banks" are like molehills
rumours that mulsanne to indianopolis will be desecrated with a chicnae next year too

also -each year it is populated by more and more ********s.
Old 18 May 2005, 23:33 (Ref:1304172)   #9
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I like to think every track offers up different challenges. As such, I don't really have tracks that I totally dislike.

I think Winton Motor Raceway in Victoria is a balls-up of a track, but otherwise I don't have any that really stand out.
Old 19 May 2005, 03:04 (Ref:1304224)   #10
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In Australia I don’t like Queensland Raceway aka the paperclip, it is just flat and boring with little variation between corners.

I like Winton, it produces some good racing even though it is small and tight and its good to spectate at because you can see the whole circuit from virtually anywhere. Not too many circuits can give you that.
Old 19 May 2005, 03:38 (Ref:1304235)   #11
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't like Queensland Raceway that much, but it has a few good passing spots and produces quality racing.

I just find the Winton design a shemozzle - how do you spell shemozzle?
Old 19 May 2005, 07:36 (Ref:1304323)   #12
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To watch on TV-all of them in F1 are equally boring bar,Monaco,Spa,Montreal & Melbourne. To visit; every circuit in UK is to difficult or expensive for me to visit nowdays.
As a challenge to F1 drivers I guess Indianapolis roval is the lest worthwile.
Old 20 May 2005, 22:03 (Ref:1305748)   #13
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I do not like most of the newer F1 circuits. Indy, Sepang, Bahrain, and Shanghai are pretty flat, have a fair bit in common, because of the common designer, which tends to get boring after a while, and do not have much in the way of the really exhilarating high speed corners. Also, I do not care for having those massive, and somewhat overkill run-offs. Bahrain is already a desert guys. I find the layouts of Indy and Bahrain to be particuarly uninspiring in general.

The new Nurburgring and Hungaroring have ok layouts in plan, but just don't actually deliver. None of the straights at Hungary are quite long enough. The complex at the Nurburgring is just daft IMO. The redone Hockenheim, well, I don't know where to begin, and don't get me started on Fuji!
Old 20 May 2005, 23:48 (Ref:1305796)   #14
Flaming_Wuzzle
Racer

United States
a house
Flaming_Wuzzle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist
Indy, Sepang, Bahrain, and Shanghai are pretty flat, have a fair bit in common, because of the common designer,
But Tilke didn't design Indy..
Old 21 May 2005, 00:56 (Ref:1305811)   #15
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Ok, yeah, but it is relatively flat, and other than the blast from Turn 11 to Turn 1, the layout definitely leaves something to be desired.
Old 22 May 2005, 13:02 (Ref:1306784)   #16
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As a circuit Sepang, just don't like the layout, and as a race Hungaroring and Barcelona, unfortunately 9 times out of 10 dull races.
Old 22 May 2005, 22:01 (Ref:1307548)   #17
mac
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist
I do not like most of the newer F1 circuits. Indy, Sepang, Bahrain, and Shanghai are pretty flat, have a fair bit in common, because of the common designer, which tends to get boring after a while, and do not have much in the way of the really exhilarating high speed corners. Also, I do not care for having those massive, and somewhat overkill run-offs. Bahrain is already a desert guys. I find the layouts of Indy and Bahrain to be particuarly uninspiring in general.
I don't really like Shanghai or Indy too much, but I think Sepang and Bahrain are quite good little circuits.

Sepang has fast corners at turns 5, 6, 7, 8, 12 & 13, two long straights, passing opportunities at turns 1, 4, 9 & 15, demanding tightening radius corners and a tricky rhythmic section from turn 9 to 14.

As for Bahrain, I don't know why I like it. I think it is an interesting combination of corners and a slightly different layout that has so far produced a lot of great racing.
Old 14 Jun 2005, 22:15 (Ref:1328802)   #18
ajp
Rookie

ajp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Silverstones like a concetration camp, impossible to spectate at, grandstands always closed at club meetings and so many fences in the paddock.
Old 11 Aug 2005, 15:40 (Ref:1379964)   #19
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
whole chapter of tracks

sepang
hungaroring
suzuka
catalunia
valencia
rio de janiero
gateway
mexico city
puebela
chicago
sears point sports car course
knockhill rallycross
sneterton
thruxton
donnington gp
nurburgring gp
hockenhiem sprint course
imola
sugo
brasilia
rockingham
Old 12 Aug 2005, 00:28 (Ref:1380315)   #20
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Ok, Nicky, you're going to have to explain a few of those: namely Suzuka, Mexico City, Sears Point Sportscar Course, and Donington Park GP.
Old 12 Aug 2005, 14:16 (Ref:1380724)   #21
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
... And Sepang.
Old 17 Aug 2005, 15:57 (Ref:1384761)   #22
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The new Hockenheim gets my vote.
Just one interesting corner , the hairpin, and asphalted run offs all over the place. Oh have I mentioned that the Tilke builts making my personal top of the dislike list ?

The old circuit was great. Driving through this wooden tunnel just to get into the stadium section. nothing hard to drive but to keep concentration high.

Designers like Alan Wilson doing great jobs though .
Old 17 Aug 2005, 16:04 (Ref:1384767)   #23
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sepang is to wide and twisty.
suzukas first section is a joke.
mexico has such an anoying second sector.
sears point sports is not orginised atall.
donnington s melbourne loop is to crazy for me.
Old 17 Aug 2005, 18:43 (Ref:1384888)   #24
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1
sepang is to wide and twisty.
Did you ever see a race there?

Sepang is nice - it's wide, that means better overtaking. It's got a beautiful mixture of fast and challenging sections, and it's got some of the best engineered corner combo's in the world - the whole section between Genting and Sunway Lagoon is brilliant and beautiful.
Old 17 Aug 2005, 18:45 (Ref:1384890)   #25
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it may produce good racing, But unfortunitly its a Tilke design so many wont admit that it does produce good racing, BUT any track can produce good racing, aslong as the car is suited to the track....... Personally I dont think much of Tilkes tracks, but that doesnt mean they are bad tracks, I just dont like them because they are all to similar .....