Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 16 Mar 2014, 11:28 (Ref:3380512)   #76
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess MotorsTV had the best commentary - the RLM gang
Old 16 Mar 2014, 11:48 (Ref:3380517)   #77
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
That's what I'm saying ger80, I really am not sure if they were the best for this race. Although having the choice in the UK is nice and I will give MotorsTV highlights a chance because I am curious to compare.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 11:49 (Ref:3380519)   #78
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969MGCGTdriver View Post
I swear I saw Hindy at the track on Friday wearing a Mazda shirt. Was he there?
He was there leading a tour group. He also appeared on the Mazda YT stream at some point.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 13:15 (Ref:3380550)   #79
wheelz22
Racer

United States
NJ
wheelz22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRspitfirefan View Post
Did anyone else listen to the MRN broadcast?
I couldn't believe how much better it was compared to the Daytona fiasco.
They added Greg Creamer as well as Ryan Eversely, but also the regular MRN guys were so much improved!
They really must have done a lot of homework.
Great job guys.
Yeah, I tuned in briefly out of curiosity...and I agree with you. They are seemingly getting their arms around sports car racing now. In their defense, when they know the subject matter, they have always been quite professional.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 13:24 (Ref:3380553)   #80
wheelz22
Racer

United States
NJ
wheelz22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
The crew that did the stream and Fox broadcast were superb. I've been RLM fans for years, but this was excellent quality, impartial commentary with none of Hindy's excess personal politics and anti-GT3/SRO rants and I found it very entertaining, informative and refreshing.

Tommy Kendall and Justin Bell together play very well in particular but the quality of both the 12 Hour and the Conti race was top notch; more of the streaming please IMSA.

A bit of Trussers wouldn't go amiss though
Yeah, TK has always been a character. he's a funny guy...x2 when you get a group together for cocktails at a place like Siebkens. I've never hung out with Bell but he seems like a guy that would fit in with the shenanigans. And yes, they work well together on broadcasts too. And Varsha is a pro of course.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 14:17 (Ref:3380567)   #81
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRspitfirefan View Post
Did anyone else listen to the MRN broadcast?
I couldn't believe how much better it was compared to the Daytona fiasco.
They added Greg Creamer as well as Ryan Eversely, but also the regular MRN guys were so much improved!
They really must have done a lot of homework.
Great job guys.
Good news
Old 16 Mar 2014, 14:24 (Ref:3380572)   #82
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Here's an report on Fox Sports 1 by Sports Business Journal.

The Nascar Duels and Unlimited at Daytona had over 3.0 million viewers, which is the two most viewed programs in the history of the channel.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 14:32 (Ref:3380578)   #83
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80 View Post
I guess MotorsTV had the best commentary - the RLM gang
Not true in my opinion. Never in a million years thought I'd end up muting RLM comms but that's what happened. Fox crew were great.

For me RLM sounded like it was - which was a couple of guys making the best of it from an off-site location. It didn't feel like it had the insight or the ambience of a live venue broadcast.

Good to see Motors trying something but they didn't need to IMO. Especially given they went to breaks mostly when the U.S did.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 19:53 (Ref:3380731)   #84
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The coverage is the one thing I will not complain about. We had flag to flag coverage on SPEED in HD with the Fox feed.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 20:15 (Ref:3380739)   #85
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
The coverage is the one thing I will not complain about. We had flag to flag coverage on SPEED in HD with the Fox feed.
Whereas here in the largest market in Canada, we had... nothing.

Well, unless some providers other than Rogers carry SPEED - I really don't know.

On the other hand, the IMSA.com stream, when I could get it without stuttering, jumping back, pixelating, or just plain dropping - actually looked really good. The sound was a bit silly though (commentary in the left ear), but at least that meant tuning out the commentary was pretty easy.

Never saw any sign of the "highlights" show this morning either - presumably also on SPEED in Canada? No idea.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 23:32 (Ref:3380842)   #86
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwintle View Post
Whereas here in the largest market in Canada, we had... nothing.

Well, unless some providers other than Rogers carry SPEED - I really don't know.

On the other hand, the IMSA.com stream, when I could get it without stuttering, jumping back, pixelating, or just plain dropping - actually looked really good. The sound was a bit silly though (commentary in the left ear), but at least that meant tuning out the commentary was pretty easy.

Never saw any sign of the "highlights" show this morning either - presumably also on SPEED in Canada? No idea.
Apparently both Rogers and Bell have dropped SPEED. Cogeco is the only supplier who carries it, as far as I understand. On my parents' Rogers feed there were messages during Daytona saying it was going away, and now it's gone. I gather the companies wanted to pay less for SPEED than they had been, rather than FOX charging them more.

The IMSA stream was quite good for the most part, and the quality was very reasonable as well most of the time. The only point I started to have a few more annoying issues with it was close to the finish when load might have been higher in general, and honestly it was never really bad enough to detract from the experience. I appreciate having video the whole race through without commercials.
Old 17 Mar 2014, 00:56 (Ref:3380872)   #87
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Shaw has SPEED but there are no real commercials so I suspect it is just a place holder channel that will disappear once an existing contract runs out.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 17:41 (Ref:3389834)   #88
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There was an advertisement for Tudor Watches in my local paper this weekend, but strangely it did not mention the race series...
Old 10 Apr 2014, 02:39 (Ref:3390691)   #89
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I quite enjoyed the RLM comms as per usual, but then again, I guess I'm biased. I'd mute any comms for those guys.

Also, Graham Goodwin's rant during the last FCY!
Old 13 Apr 2014, 15:31 (Ref:3391984)   #90
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneesh99 View Post
I quite enjoyed the RLM comms as per usual, but then again, I guess I'm biased. I'd mute any comms for those guys.

Also, Graham Goodwin's rant during the last FCY!
Double post, sorry. I meant Martin Haven!
Old 13 Apr 2014, 17:32 (Ref:3392023)   #91
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was going to start a new thread....don't know how I missed this...

It took all of five seconds for me to find a stable, true HD stream for the Blancpain GT series today thanks to Nismo. Yes, it was the live world feed, with comms, no commercials..and..the best part?

IT WAS LIVE ON YOUTUBE FOR FREE WITHOUT ANY OTHER PROBLEMS OR ISSUES FOR THE ENTIRE EVENT!!!!!!! NO CABLE PROVIDER ISSUES, NO GEOBLOCKING, NOTHING!!!!!

Seriously, why the heck the USCC can't embrace something like this is bizarre. Let's also not forget all of the sessions were covered. Practice, Qually, Race...and then its all uploaded to the Blancpain GT channel after the session.

Last edited by MoMedic9019; 13 Apr 2014 at 17:41.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 12 May 2014, 16:24 (Ref:3405472)   #92
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Television ratings of Laguna Seca:

PC / GTD - 1:00PM-3:30PM - 0.0 rating, 74k viewers.
P / GTLM - 5:30PM-8:00PM - 0.1 rating, 159k viewers.

The previous week, AMA Supercross on Fox Sports 1 had 221k viewers, the UEFA Champions League semifinals 627 and 557k, Nationwide qualifying 461k and ARCA 246k.
Old 12 May 2014, 17:26 (Ref:3405496)   #93
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
ARCA got over half of NNS qualifying? That's not too bad for them.

Has CTSCC switched back from live FOX "graveyard" 2 to tape delayed Fox Sports 1 coverage (as in SPEED days)? 'Cause their updated schedule looks that way.
Old 12 May 2014, 17:53 (Ref:3405507)   #94
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's actually towards the low end of what ARCA usually gets. I know it's kind of funny considering just how amateur the series appears but ARCA actually frequently beats Indycar in TV Ratings.

Those Laguna numbers are horrible.
Old 12 May 2014, 18:05 (Ref:3405513)   #95
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes. Maybe they could put positive spin on it

"drastic improvement over 7k we got for live Grand-Am Kansas on FS2 last year"

Old 12 May 2014, 18:14 (Ref:3405516)   #96
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Infinitely better ratings than they will get for Kansas this year. (Where's that Steaming Mad emoticon?)
Old 12 May 2014, 18:51 (Ref:3405541)   #97
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Television ratings of Laguna Seca:

PC / GTD - 1:00PM-3:30PM - 0.0 rating, 74k viewers.
P / GTLM - 5:30PM-8:00PM - 0.1 rating, 159k viewers.

The previous week, AMA Supercross on Fox Sports 1 had 221k viewers, the UEFA Champions League semifinals 627 and 557k, Nationwide qualifying 461k and ARCA 246k.
I really don't find these ratings a surprise. I watched something (baseball) on Fox a few days before LS, and not a single promo aired for the race, but plenty for UEFA, MLB and some other stuff.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 13 May 2014, 01:33 (Ref:3405677)   #98
cobraRed01
Rookie

United States
New Jersey
cobraRed01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anyone found a link to the CTSCC Laguna Seca race replay? I had to miss the Live stream and this weekend's broadcast. The TUSCC at LS race has been up for awhile, but not the full CTSCC race. Thanks.
Old 13 May 2014, 03:14 (Ref:3405697)   #99
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think sportscar will always be a niche sport with a cult following which is sad. I don't understand why NASCAR and Indycar have such mainstream appeal. I tried watching some of the Indy Grand Prix on the espn3 replay. I could only stand it for a few minutes before skipping it to the last two laps of the race. Seeing spec racing is just so boring. No wonder why sportscar appeals to me more. The diversity of the machines you see running is great.
Old 13 May 2014, 06:25 (Ref:3405724)   #100
Deleted
Veteran

The more popular series rely more on making drivers the stars, rather than cars. It's easier to relate with drivers