Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 11 Sep 2017, 15:25 (Ref:3766077)   #26
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great news.

Rob has been very clever this season. With the WTCC potentially unstable, he's been putting himself out there for drives in other series. He's been a guest of Chilton for multiple BTCC rounds this season, seems the hanging around had been beneficial.
Old 11 Sep 2017, 16:10 (Ref:3766090)   #27
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Top driver, good appointment.
Old 11 Sep 2017, 16:32 (Ref:3766098)   #28
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The BTCC gets better and better and now with this pleasant surprise of Huff making a one off appearance is further proof. Just adds to the quality we have this season. Only Stewart Lines has really done nothing, but he's only there to keep the TBL for next season
Old 15 Sep 2017, 18:53 (Ref:3767184)   #29
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MG appealing Cook's suspension at the National Court after the decision was upheld

http://www.btcc.net/2017/09/15/state...-cook-penalty/
Old 15 Sep 2017, 20:04 (Ref:3767195)   #30
Liquoriceman
Racer

England
Lancashire
Liquoriceman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 850Estate View Post
MG appealing Cook's suspension at the National Court after the decision was upheld

http://www.btcc.net/2017/09/15/state...-cook-penalty/
Justified or just a way to get more column inches for the brand?

Sent from my R7plusf using Tapatalk
Old 15 Sep 2017, 20:19 (Ref:3767202)   #31
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
when is the national court meeting due to be held?
Old 16 Sep 2017, 08:44 (Ref:3767327)   #32
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looking at the live time Josh Cook is on track at present in FP1 (Currently 3rd).
Old 16 Sep 2017, 09:18 (Ref:3767329)   #33
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
Looking at the live time Josh Cook is on track at present in FP1 (Currently 3rd).
Given that his suspension is for R1 only - then he'd be a bit foolish to skip FP sessions.
Old 16 Sep 2017, 09:23 (Ref:3767331)   #34
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see some different names up there in FP
Old 16 Sep 2017, 10:14 (Ref:3767343)   #35
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
Josh Cook will race all rounds tomorrow as comfirmed on Autosport
Old 16 Sep 2017, 10:18 (Ref:3767344)   #36
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I just hope that he doesn't have a weekend like he had at the Rock
Old 16 Sep 2017, 10:35 (Ref:3767346)   #37
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckn002 View Post
Josh Cook will race all rounds tomorrow as comfirmed on Autosport
Makes a bit of a mockery of the suspension rules in place.
After the last round, even if the appeal fails, he'll still have driven all rounds and it won't change any of the title results.
But imagine the scenario of Cook clashing with Turkington (for example) in R1 and ruining a weekend. Would WSR appeal?

Warren Scott has done things in the past to upset Gow, I'm sure he won't be impressed with this action. And the BMR/888 stable now have a car on the grid to support Sutton that shouldn't be there.
Old 16 Sep 2017, 11:33 (Ref:3767351)   #38
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Makes a bit of a mockery of the suspension rules in place.
After the last round, even if the appeal fails, he'll still have driven all rounds and it won't change any of the title results.
But imagine the scenario of Cook clashing with Turkington (for example) in R1 and ruining a weekend. Would WSR appeal?

Warren Scott has done things in the past to upset Gow, I'm sure he won't be impressed with this action. And the BMR/888 stable now have a car on the grid to support Sutton that shouldn't be there.
I fully agree with all of this. Asking for trouble.
Old 16 Sep 2017, 11:37 (Ref:3767352)   #39
S griffin
Veteran

I just want to say that this thing about Scott upsetting Gow, would you care to elaborate?
Old 16 Sep 2017, 13:12 (Ref:3767379)   #40
AdrianM
Racer

AdrianM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
And the BMR/888 stable now have a car on the grid to support Sutton that shouldn't be there.
So you know 100% that the appeal will fail?
Old 16 Sep 2017, 13:29 (Ref:3767381)   #41
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I just want to say that this thing about Scott upsetting Gow, would you care to elaborate?
It goes back to BMR's claims about engine boost and the homologation of part of the fuel delivery system. TOCA released a public clarification and rebuttal of BMR which included statement from Gow that he was 'disappointed'.
Old 16 Sep 2017, 13:36 (Ref:3767382)   #42
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
So you know 100% that the appeal will fail?
Obviously not, but we are in a position where Cook has picked up 4 disciplinary events leading to suspension. And the first appeal has already failed. In taking it to a further appeal, it gives the message that the team don't respect the series officials' decision (both initial and subsequent).

The appeal may be upheld, but I wonder how genuinely BMR believe that, and how much of it is to get the car on the grid through stalling tactics?

I find it strange that a team would risk a potential 6 race disqualification for the sake of 1 result that would likely be forgotten in time, unless there is another potential reward factoring into their risk/reward analysis of taking this action?
Old 16 Sep 2017, 14:47 (Ref:3767407)   #43
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
Goff on pole by 0.001 of a second

32 cars within 0.886 of a second
Old 16 Sep 2017, 14:47 (Ref:3767408)   #44
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Obviously not, but we are in a position where Cook has picked up 4 disciplinary events leading to suspension. And the first appeal has already failed. In taking it to a further appeal, it gives the message that the team don't respect the series officials' decision (both initial and subsequent).

The appeal may be upheld, but I wonder how genuinely BMR believe that, and how much of it is to get the car on the grid through stalling tactics?

I find it strange that a team would risk a potential 6 race disqualification for the sake of 1 result that would likely be forgotten in time, unless there is another potential reward factoring into their risk/reward analysis of taking this action?
MSA Blue Book
7.1.3. The following are the only grounds for lodging an
Appeal against the decision of the Stewards of the
Meeting or the Stewards of a Championship:
(a) A gross miscarriage of justice has occurred
(b) The penalty is wholly inappropriate for the breach
of regulations.

888 are either saying that BARC and/or the Stewards have committed a gross miscarriage of justice or that they don't agree with the regulations/penalties that they were aware of when they joined the championship.

888 have 10 days to confirm the notice of intention to appeal the stewards decision, the MSA then have 10 days to confirm the national court will hear the appeal. 888 then have no less than 10 days to submit their skeleton arguments, adding that up it could take 30 days to hear the appeal.

I think if Cook has a poor race 1 and fails to score any points then 888 could withdraw the appeal to the national court. Cook will then be disqualified from the race 1 results, and therefore effectively serve the 1 race ban.

EDITED:I have just found this in the MSA Blue Book which as I read must mean that Cook cannot still take part in Race 1, is this correct?

7.3. Effect of Giving Notice of Appeal.
7.3.1. The lodging of an Appeal against a decision of
the Clerk of the Course, or the giving of Notice of
Intention to Appeal against a decision of the Stewards
of the Meeting, does not suspend any penalty that may
have been applied or endorsed, during the Meeting out
of which the decision has arisen. Thus no Competitor
may continue to compete ‘under appeal’.

I wonder what action TOCA could take against 888/BMR if the appeal failed, could Gow refuse to accept the entries to the 2018 championship from either 888 or BMR as a way of slapping them on the wrist, I am sure Gow has spare teams looking to enter the championship.

Last edited by mark_l; 16 Sep 2017 at 15:01.
Old 16 Sep 2017, 14:47 (Ref:3767409)   #45
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And what about the result? Don't you think that FWD cars have clear advantage over RWD with 1-2-3-4-5-6-7? Just kidding...

Seriously, I keep my fingers crossed for Hill. Hope he'll finally get the podium. And maybe Goff finally will be able to win
Old 16 Sep 2017, 14:51 (Ref:3767413)   #46
AdrianM
Racer

AdrianM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As I understand it 888 are saying that there was a mechanical issue with the car which caused one of the incidents and was out of Cooks control so I'm guessing they're going for the miscarriage of justice angle.

What's going on with the black flags? I thought it was loss of time in uali with black flags only in the race. Seems weird the amount of laps removed from some drivers without getting a black.
Old 16 Sep 2017, 14:55 (Ref:3767415)   #47
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Seriously, I keep my fingers crossed for Hill. Hope he'll finally get the podium. And maybe Goff finally will be able to win
Completely agree, neither have gotten the result that they are perhaps capable of this season, Morgan as well.

Good showings by Brett Smith & AWE, hopefully can stay there in the race!

Expected more from Epps & PMR were nowhere, Taylor-Smith has had an awful season too...
Old 16 Sep 2017, 15:08 (Ref:3767422)   #48
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could Cooks ban over roll to next season if in BTCC?
Old 16 Sep 2017, 15:42 (Ref:3767434)   #49
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skells22 View Post
Could Cooks ban over roll to next season if in BTCC?
It is only a one race ban, so he would just be disqualified from the results of race 1 of this weekend if 888 lose the appeal.
Old 16 Sep 2017, 15:45 (Ref:3767435)   #50
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
It is only a one race ban, so he would just be disqualified from the results of race 1 of this weekend if 888 lose the appeal.
No, because he would start the other races from the wrong grid position...