Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 27 Sep 2005, 06:29 (Ref:1417576)   #1
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Aston Martin Customers (including a Dane team for LM...)

Infoscourse, thanks motorsporten.dk, announced that an AM was bought by Jac Nellemann to enter it at the next LM 24 hours, with Allan Simonsen, Martin Bremen and Ronnie Bremer at the wheel.

If this news were posted before, please appologize. I'll delete this thread.

[edit] It was posted indeed by JHansen 5 days ago in the appropriate LM 2006 thread - he related a Crash.net source.

I let the thread open if you want to discuss it ; If there's no interrest, I'll delete it[/edit]
Old 27 Sep 2005, 07:53 (Ref:1417623)   #2
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Any word on the Bell's getting their hands on a brace of them ? Or indeed for that matter the talked about DBR9 for Blundell-Brundle , run by Dave Price Racing ?

Some word about interest from Flying Lizards too ?

Are Cirtek going to run a second DBR9 ?
Old 27 Sep 2005, 08:30 (Ref:1417654)   #3
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Indeed things seem to have gone quiet regarding the Blundell/Brundle team which is a shame as I was looking forward to seeing them in FIA GT/LMES next season. Still, many deals have yet to be announced, perhaps there's is one of them.
Old 27 Sep 2005, 10:23 (Ref:1417745)   #4
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There should be quite a bit of news over the next few weeks/months about customer teams buying/running DBR9's in 2006. Perhaps a more general thread title to encompass all potential/confirmed DBR9 customers, Fab?

It'll help us keep track, especially useful for us the older forum members who suffer from advanced symptoms of memory loss........
Old 27 Sep 2005, 11:04 (Ref:1417779)   #5
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Im very interested in seeing how well Kane will do . Im hopeing that this can be a regular calling for Jonny Kane . He deserves a full time drive ! Maybe a ALMS drive in a DBR9 and a Fia GT in a Panoz !!
Old 27 Sep 2005, 11:28 (Ref:1417799)   #6
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
It'll help us keep track, especially useful for us the older forum members who suffer from advanced symptoms of memory loss........
Sorry, the 'the' shouldn't be there! It doesn't quite read as I intended. I'm sure Fab and I aren't the only over 21's on this forum........
Old 27 Sep 2005, 11:38 (Ref:1417804)   #7
Happy Snapper
Veteran

Grenada
Uplyme, Lyme regis
Happy Snapper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are some teams getting the GT3 version, no news on how that's going? I understand they have not been delivered yet?
Old 27 Sep 2005, 13:07 (Ref:1417880)   #8
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
Perhaps a more general thread title to encompass all potential/confirmed DBR9 customers, Fab?
Edited

Old 27 Sep 2005, 13:23 (Ref:1417897)   #9
Foster
Racer

Canada
The Maritimes
Foster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to http://www.mariantic.co.uk/lmp/gts.asp Pacific Coast have a bid on a DBR9. They credit Autosport on this one.

How they could go from C5-R to AM is beyond me, to go along with the DP effort that was reported. So the question asks....what will they do? DP or AM?

They also have the mysterious Dubai GT Team listed as well, along with GPC for next year.

Which one will actually happen?
Old 27 Sep 2005, 13:57 (Ref:1417933)   #10
The Badger
Veteran

Story goes that the Dubai effort is canned ..... like most motorsports stories from that part of the world over the years !!! Remember the Q8 XJR stories in the early 1990's .

Pacafic Coast have gone DP too . And I dont blame them one bit , after being treated like that by GM . Didnt hear about GPC at all , but Scuderia Italia will run a 2 car team of DBR9's next year .
Old 27 Sep 2005, 14:53 (Ref:1417982)   #11
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
PCM will continue to talk with AM, but it's looking like a long shot. Meanwhile they've been presented with a possibility of getting the DP early (ie in time for Mexico), which has helped to precipitate the jump.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 27 Sep 2005, 14:57 (Ref:1417987)   #12
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I asked GPC's 2nd man in Istanbul, and things weren't sure yet. "575, MC12, 430, several things are possible". He didn't mention the DBR9 though. When I asked him "if maserati wasn't going to end MC12 support" he said; "not as long as they've got unfinished business in the US". So my bet for now is 2x MC12 and 2x 430 for GPC.
Old 27 Sep 2005, 15:49 (Ref:1418025)   #13
Foster
Racer

Canada
The Maritimes
Foster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I figured the Dubai effort was done. There was nothing new from them in how long? Since it was announced almost a year ago.

So with most teams going to run the AM, and they used to run the 575, or 550, will we have any Ferrari's in GT1? Or will most of the top teams (GPC/BMS/etc...) go with Prodrives new offereing the DBR9, and sell off their Ferrari's?
Old 27 Sep 2005, 16:03 (Ref:1418040)   #14
Joe Taylor
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warwickshire, UK
Joe Taylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel
I asked GPC's 2nd man in Istanbul, and things weren't sure yet. "575, MC12, 430, several things are possible". He didn't mention the DBR9 though. When I asked him "if maserati wasn't going to end MC12 support" he said; "not as long as they've got unfinished business in the US". So my bet for now is 2x MC12 and 2x 430 for GPC.
I believe there was a report a couple of weeks ago saying that GPC had given upon the Aston
Old 27 Sep 2005, 16:58 (Ref:1418080)   #15
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
On the Belgian forum De Paddock there are rumours there will be a Belgian AM next season.
Old 27 Sep 2005, 18:53 (Ref:1418159)   #16
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Taylor
I believe there was a report a couple of weeks ago saying that GPC had given upon the Aston
Then I believe even stronger they'll go for 2 Maserati's, especially because Ferrari stopped further developments on the 575.
Old 27 Sep 2005, 20:05 (Ref:1418216)   #17
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Then I believe even stronger they'll go for 2 Maserati's, especially because Ferrari stopped further developments on the 575.
I was led to beleive no more MC12s would be built.
Old 27 Sep 2005, 20:06 (Ref:1418219)   #18
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Me too. Curious to see how this'll go. Don't know how much chassis' Maserati still has though. Afaik:
- 3x Maserati
- 1x Racing Box
- 2x JMB
- 2x Vitaphone
Old 28 Sep 2005, 02:32 (Ref:1418441)   #19
911GT3RS
Rookie

911GT3RS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Me too. Curious to see how this'll go. Don't know how much chassis' Maserati still has though. Afaik:
- 3x Maserati
- 1x Racing Box
- 2x JMB
- 2x Vitaphone
I think 10 were built.
Old 28 Sep 2005, 08:07 (Ref:1418574)   #20
Dauer 962
Veteran

Dauer 962 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911GT3RS
I think 10 were built.
8 MC12 exist. 6 of them are racing currently, one is sold to a private collector, one is in hands of Maserati.