Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 19 Jun 2012, 16:16 (Ref:3094928)   #151
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Rudolf-The car looked good in Antwerp.

good to know that
You have seen more of the Lorraine than I did

its my Kieft that is still in bits, but Hibberds will get it ready in time even if the lights in the workshop wont go out often in the next weeks
they always do

Rudolf
Old 20 Jun 2012, 19:15 (Ref:3095616)   #152
Alex E
Racer

Alex E should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a reminder not to leave anything lying around at LMC. Last year we lost 2 bicycles from the back of the paddock tent and the team next door lost tyheir quad bike.
Old 21 Jun 2012, 15:29 (Ref:3096008)   #153
Austinspace75
Racer

England
Cardiff
Austinspace75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi, does anyone know if there will be spectator access to the Arnage/Indianapolis and Mulsanne enclosures please?

It wasn't available at the last LMC we attended (2002) and I'm struggling to find an event map.

Thanks!
Old 21 Jun 2012, 17:42 (Ref:3096054)   #154
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure about access to Arnage/Indianapolis but when I went in 2010 there was good spectator access to the outside of the Mulsanne corner (raised banking with reasonable sight-line over the fencing). Car park in wooded area about 200 metres away and entrance via your general entrance ticket.

Gary
Old 21 Jun 2012, 21:03 (Ref:3096128)   #155
Austinspace75
Racer

England
Cardiff
Austinspace75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Car park in wooded area about 200 metres away and entrance via your general entrance ticket.
Gary
Know it well... was there in the early hours of last Sunday morning

Thanks Gary, sounds promising
Old 22 Jun 2012, 11:47 (Ref:3096368)   #156
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex E View Post
Just a reminder not to leave anything lying around at LMC. Last year we lost 2 bicycles from the back of the paddock tent and the team next door lost tyheir quad bike.
That sounds like very good advice
We never had any problems so far, but with these huge crowds it pays to be careful

Rudolf
Old 25 Jun 2012, 10:39 (Ref:3097681)   #157
Teddington Ted
Racer

Teddington Ted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Passes

Have any of you out there received your passes ?

Mark
Old 25 Jun 2012, 11:18 (Ref:3097701)   #158
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Yes
Old 26 Jun 2012, 08:25 (Ref:3098249)   #159
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
passes received

nice box BTW

Rudolf
Old 26 Jun 2012, 11:22 (Ref:3098355)   #160
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is anyone planning to attend the official dinner on Thursday night? We didn't do it last time and I'm wondering if it is worth attending this year or not? I've heard mixed reports.
Old 26 Jun 2012, 11:49 (Ref:3098378)   #161
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
We will miss it again.

Need any tickets?

Having our usual barbecue at the farm the gang stay at.

We are in the Audi hotel on Industrial Estate.Walk to pits
Old 26 Jun 2012, 14:02 (Ref:3098439)   #162
IAN #51
Racer

England
WALSALL WEST MIDS
IAN #51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwills View Post
Is anyone planning to attend the official dinner on Thursday night? We didn't do it last time and I'm wondering if it is worth attending this year or not? I've heard mixed reports.
We did the dinner in 2010 ! Fantastic building ' food and backdrop we won't be doing it this year but worth going to once
Old 26 Jun 2012, 16:22 (Ref:3098496)   #163
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
I've just heard that there will be no Radio Le Mans coverage this year. I understand that the reasons are 'commercial' (i.e. nobody is prepared to pay for it) but the event, both for the spectators and the competitors, will be much the poorer for the lack of John Hindhaugh and company.
Old 26 Jun 2012, 21:28 (Ref:3098667)   #164
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee View Post
I've just heard that there will be no Radio Le Mans coverage this year. I understand that the reasons are 'commercial' (i.e. nobody is prepared to pay for it) but the event, both for the spectators and the competitors, will be much the poorer for the lack of John Hindhaugh and company.
Never say never because you never know but yes, it looks very unlikely that RLM will be there this year (but as I say....ts not over till a certain lady has sung....and although she has warmed up....she has not yet started to sing ) If they are not there this year, remember how you all feel when I start campaiging for sponsors for 2014 for them!!

Will update in 24 hours

ta
C
Old 26 Jun 2012, 21:40 (Ref:3098675)   #165
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Give a wave to us on post 61, second Mulsanne Chicane. Hope I don't see any of you there in person, if you know what I mean.
Old 27 Jun 2012, 09:02 (Ref:3098854)   #166
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
[QUOTE=ClaireSmith;3098667] (but as I say....ts not over till a certain lady has sung....and although she has warmed up....she has not yet started to sing )

If you are going to sing then i,m abandoning my trip to the classic next week. I think we all want to enjoy the event!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GT
Old 27 Jun 2012, 15:17 (Ref:3098982)   #167
retrognome
Racer

retrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by White flag man View Post
Give a wave to us on post 61, second Mulsanne Chicane. Hope I don't see any of you there in person, if you know what I mean.
I'll come and say hello
Old 27 Jun 2012, 15:40 (Ref:3098992)   #168
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwills View Post
I didnt plan to bring black tie or somesuch and bother with a function like this somewhere away from the circuit.
there is enough running around to do to a schedule from Friday onwards

I feel more like relaxing with friends over a barbie on the last quiet night before the event

I tend to feel funny for a sec when I see others in the paddock getting ready for it but less and less each year

Dont let me spoil your fun though

Rudolf
Old 27 Jun 2012, 15:52 (Ref:3099003)   #169
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
(but as I say....ts not over till a certain lady has sung....and although she has warmed up....she has not yet started to sing )

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt917 View Post
If you are going to sing then i,m abandoning my trip to the classic next week. I think we all want to enjoy the event!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GT
So.....are you saying Im fat Graham?...ha ha (you have walked into this because the saying is "it aint over til the fat lady sings")

Would you like some salt with your foot? ha ha xx

Last edited by MartinSmith; 27 Jun 2012 at 15:58.
Old 27 Jun 2012, 15:57 (Ref:3099008)   #170
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by White flag man View Post

will do

Rudolf

watch out for blue Lorraine in G1 and pale green Kieft in G2 and wave back
and yes, Id rather not see there in person although I had a magneto failure at that very spot in my 1929 Aston in 2008
Old 28 Jun 2012, 07:41 (Ref:3099276)   #171
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

See there is a smart phone app for Le Mans Classic with entry list and stuff.

Teams born on here are numbered between 7 and 17.

This means early Pit numbers,On left looking from back.
Old 28 Jun 2012, 08:17 (Ref:3099290)   #172
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I hope someone with a camera, prepared to put pics up on this thread, is going.

John, you're ahead of me on technology. I still honestly don't know what an 'app' is despite hearing it regularly in conversation.
Old 28 Jun 2012, 08:20 (Ref:3099293)   #173
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Off topic comment alert
I have to type this or my brain will explode!

"application" refers to software that provides info or connects to a service such as the "Formula1 app" which connects to the FIA live timing.

Thanks for reading, you've been a wonderful audience. Don't forget to try the veal and tip your waitress. We now return you to the topic
Old 28 Jun 2012, 08:43 (Ref:3099304)   #174
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
I hope someone with a camera, prepared to put pics up on this thread, is going.

John, you're ahead of me on technology. I still honestly don't know what an 'app' is despite hearing it regularly in conversation.
I'll be there John! Even bought a new lens to play with so will post a few when I get back although Le Mans isn't the easiest place to photograph owing to the high fencing but from memory (of my one brief visit to the last LMC) there are a few decent spots.

Just downloaded the app - thanks JR - looks quite useful.
Old 28 Jun 2012, 08:45 (Ref:3099306)   #175
smokystove
Racer

United States
BERLIN, GERMANY
smokystove should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm performing at a festival in Caen not too far way, so discovered last minute that I will be able to make Friday.

But paddock passes are sold out... anyone have one going spare?

Will buy it or would be happy to organize a day ticket to the festival in exchange for those who aren't busy the whole weekend.

Festival info here if interested: http://www.festivalbeauregard.com/en/