Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 31 Oct 2004, 14:56 (Ref:1141286)   #1
gfm
Veteran

gfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Moto GP - THE best racing in the world.

This afternoon's final championship gave us an another wonderful race I think. Crowd of 122,000 saw simply brilliant racing and a calmer Rossi than of late giving another crushing display.
Poor start saw him 6th off the grid; what three laps later, leading?
Outrageous stuff and 4 months to wait till we get some more. This is simply the best racing I've ever witnessed and I don't think I've missed a GP since around the 50s. And Eurosport's commentary team probably give the best coverage too.
Hayden's understeering to the ground witnessed on the bike (he tried to prod the bike upright with his elbow and knee as it skated down the road) unbelievable.
Breathtaking all the way.
Old 31 Oct 2004, 16:08 (Ref:1141338)   #2
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It wasn't even the best MotoGP race of the season, although the excitement and entertainment was constant. The bikes look and sound awesome, and there was always something going on. Rossi was amazing once again, and in the post-race interview he was even able to reel off useful statistics, in his second language! The man's incredible.
Old 31 Oct 2004, 16:58 (Ref:1141386)   #3
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rossi is a freak. Pure and simple. He has to retire simply to give the others a chance. But we are living in a wonderful era - a great rider and great racing together.

Good to see Bayliss end his Ducati MotoGP career on a high. Hope he finds a ride for next season.

Sete ended in a whimper without a podium on home soil. I'm sure he was disappointed.

250s - Pedrosa stamped his authority on the class with another brilliant ride. Elias was his typical balls-to-the-wall self while Aoyama was unfortunately disqualified in post-race scrutineering.

125s - Another typical race. And still no back-to-back winner. A few riders wrap up their 125cc career with the new rules for 2005 - the one I will miss most will be Locatelli. Wonder where he'll go next year?
Old 31 Oct 2004, 17:32 (Ref:1141411)   #4
CleanTone
Racer

Romania
Colentina
CleanTone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rossi could win on a Proton, mark my words
Old 31 Oct 2004, 20:34 (Ref:1141564)   #5
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ha ha, I tell you what we need a 25 round championship going on through the winter, just race in the US and the warm countries aswell.
AS for Vale winning on a KR, I think not but on the Beeb he did let Suzi into a secret, he will race in GP for two more years definately and he looked like he wanted to try something else after the Yamaha if I coule glean anything from the man. What about a year on the Duke before going WRC or F1 as seems likely
Old 31 Oct 2004, 20:49 (Ref:1141574)   #6
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hmmmm, Vale on the Kawa sounds pretty good to me!
Old 31 Oct 2004, 21:20 (Ref:1141581)   #7
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It wasn't that bad, but I think Valencia is a **** circuit. I rekon Phillip Island should be the season finale.
Old 31 Oct 2004, 21:58 (Ref:1141599)   #8
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Rossi probably expected this year to be more of a challenge, and maybe he would want a year on a theoretically-uncompetitive bike before switching. As it stands I'm sure he could make a genuine championship challenge on a Kawasaki, he may've been able to tame the Ducati this year (or ratehr, Jeremy Burgess would've insisted that they tried those forks.....), and maybe he could win the odd race on a Proton or similar.
Old 2 Nov 2004, 20:30 (Ref:1143240)   #9
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As long as he's happy at Yamaha I can't see him switching to any other team unless it is out of MotoGP all together.

Afterall, wasn't a big part of leaving Honda due to him not liking the way it was run and how they considered the bike a bigger part of the success?