Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 9 Feb 2012, 20:18 (Ref:3023814)   #126
AussieTimmeh
Racer

Australia
Newcastle
AussieTimmeh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Toyota join, I wonder if Mazda will also.

The thing is, Toyota and Mazda are doing just fine selling cars compared to many others, but perhaps with what appears to be the ever-increasing popularity of Hyundai and Kia (disclaimer: based solely on what I am seeing on the streets), they may want the extra exposure too.
Old 9 Feb 2012, 20:23 (Ref:3023817)   #127
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
V8SA to build Nissan Prototype chassis for homologation Here

Engine choice to be sorted soon Here
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 9 Feb 2012, 20:25 (Ref:3023819)   #128
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Nissan Know How... Come Alive. Come And Drive. NISSAN...
Old 9 Feb 2012, 20:26 (Ref:3023820)   #129
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Nissan Know How... Come Alive. Come And Drive. NISSAN...
Old 9 Feb 2012, 20:43 (Ref:3023825)   #130
thunderbolt
Veteran

thunderbolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/auckland...an-s-inclusion

Murphy backs Nissan's inclusion
Quote:
Murphy believes the addition of funding from a third manufacturer will free up the existing providers ability to finance teams.
on sunrise Chrysler may be in
Old 9 Feb 2012, 21:41 (Ref:3023850)   #131
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forda View Post
http://news.drive.com.au/drive/motor...526-1f4vs.html

If you refer to the above article; then maybe he just does not care anymore.
On a side note, That thing looks awesome !!!!!!
Old 9 Feb 2012, 22:11 (Ref:3023860)   #132
SJA
Racer

Australia
SJA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At the moment there are only 6 chassis builders in the maingame: Walkinshaw, Triple 8, SBR, FPR, Kelly's and GRM. All but GRM have registered for COTF building. Logic suggests to me that neither GRM or BJR are then going down the path of building their own cars under COTF regulations. So then how are GRM going to become a factory Chrysler team if they are not building cars??

COTF Builders
Walkinshaw - Holden
Triple 8 - Holden (likely)
Kelly's - Nissan
FPR - Ford
SBR - Ford (likely)

I therefore find it hard to believe that we will have anymore than 3 manufacturers in 2013. If GRM and BJR gear up ready to register and begin building for 2014/5, then possibly we'll begin to see Chrysler, Audi or Toyota. But until then the other teams who are not currently building will still be purchasing from builders, which means Holden, Ford or Nissan.

TDR - Probably open to best deal from any Holden, Ford or Nissan builder
BJR - Probably open to best deal from any Holden, Ford or Nissan builder
TEK - Probably open to best deal from any Holden, Ford or Nissan builder
LDM - Probably open to best deal from any Holden, Ford or Nissan builder
GRM - Probably open to best deal from any Holden, Ford or Nissan builder, but I'd have as at a guess will go with customer Kelly Nissan's
Old 9 Feb 2012, 22:16 (Ref:3023863)   #133
SJA
Racer

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJA View Post
At the moment there are only 6 chassis builders in the maingame: Walkinshaw, Triple 8, SBR, FPR, Kelly's and GRM. All but GRM have registered for COTF building. Logic suggests to me that neither GRM or BJR are then going down the path of building their own cars under COTF regulations. So then how are GRM going to become a factory Chrysler team if they are not building cars??

COTF Builders
Walkinshaw - Holden
Triple 8 - Holden (likely)
Kelly's - Nissan
FPR - Ford
SBR - Ford (likely)

I therefore find it hard to believe that we will have anymore than 3 manufacturers in 2013. If GRM and BJR gear up ready to register and begin building for 2014/5, then possibly we'll begin to see Chrysler, Audi or Toyota. But until then the other teams who are not currently building will still be purchasing from builders, which means Holden, Ford or Nissan.

TDR - Probably open to best deal from any Holden, Ford or Nissan builder
BJR - Probably open to best deal from any Holden, Ford or Nissan builder
TEK - Probably open to best deal from any Holden, Ford or Nissan builder
LDM - Probably open to best deal from any Holden, Ford or Nissan builder
GRM - Probably open to best deal from any Holden, Ford or Nissan builder, but I'd have as at a guess will go with customer Kelly Nissan's
The only way a 4th manufacturer will be coming in time for 2013 is if it's SBR or Triple 8 who are on the verge of signing up with Chrysler, then we'll see GRM and/or BJR purchasing chassis from them, as explained above.
Old 9 Feb 2012, 23:00 (Ref:3023884)   #134
db120176
Racer

Australia
Sydney CBD
db120176 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddb120176 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When they launch the final product, I hope they go for a traditional livery design. This one would be perfect, already has a Kelly Racing number

Old 9 Feb 2012, 23:20 (Ref:3023894)   #135
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
7 car makers with 4 cars a pop would be just fine...

Ford, Holden, Nissan + 4 more please...

I heard on radio yesterday, Tony Cochrane is limiting the numbers of different manufacturers to 5.... so Nissan and room for 2 more.

They also said it is looking likely that Chrysler will join for 2013, just waiting for announcement.
Old 9 Feb 2012, 23:21 (Ref:3023896)   #136
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete60 View Post
With four seats at Kelly Racing/Nissan Motorsport next year, we can assume 2 are for Todd and Rick. The chances of the other two being occupied by Messrs Murphy and Reindler...little to none?
Murph I am sure would be a strong fit for the team if he is not tied to a Holden contract in NZ. He has been a Holden/HSV ambassador for some time.

Quote:
Its interesting, GRM cars are GRM built but WP engined right? They've never been terrible but a little inconsistent you'd say. If Garry had the right injection, he has the ability, but what about engine development? Maybe SRT will do this too....

Quote:
The only way a 4th manufacturer will be coming in time for 2013 is if it's SBR or Triple 8 who are on the verge of signing up with Chrysler, then we'll see GRM and/or BJR purchasing chassis from them, as explained above.
Who says 888 are on the verge of signing with Chrysler? I've never heard them talking to anybody other than GRM.
Old 9 Feb 2012, 23:35 (Ref:3023901)   #137
SJA
Racer

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Murph I am sure would be a strong fit for the team if he is not tied to a Holden contract in NZ. He has been a Holden/HSV ambassador for some time.

Its interesting, GRM cars are GRM built but WP engined right? They've never been terrible but a little inconsistent you'd say. If Garry had the right injection, he has the ability, but what about engine development? Maybe SRT will do this too....

Who says 888 are on the verge of signing with Chrysler? I've never heard them talking to anybody other than GRM.
Yes GRM currently build their own chassis, but are WP powered. GRM are not registered as a COTF builder, so how exactly are they going to build Chrysler COTFs again? Can someone tell me?

No one is saying Triple 8 are on the verge of signing with Chrysler. They'll likely stay with Holden, as will SBR likely stay with Ford, which again by my count equals 3 manufacturers only in 2013.

5 registered builders: Walkinshaw, Triple 8, Kelly's, FPR, SBR.

GRM are not registered to build. BJR are not registered to build. Neither are any of the other teams. They will all therefore be using chassis built by one of the above. Walkinshaw Holden's, Triple 8 Holden's (likely), Kelly Nissan's, FPR Ford's or SBR Ford's (likely).

Once again in summary the only builders who can likely switch are Triple 8 or SBR, and both are more likely to stay with Holden and Ford respectivly.
Old 9 Feb 2012, 23:57 (Ref:3023905)   #138
bortall
Racer

Australia
West Gippsland
bortall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Since when does a new "manufacturer" need one of those 5 registered builders?

The chassis is the same underneath the skin, so a WP, FPR, T8, SBR, or KR built car for GRM (for example) could have a Chrysler body on it or anybody else's body. Throw in an engine from just about anywhere and away you go.
Old 10 Feb 2012, 00:04 (Ref:3023907)   #139
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am pretty sure if Chrysler wanted to join the series with GRM, then GRM would pretty quickly be given the nod to build a COTF.
Old 10 Feb 2012, 00:07 (Ref:3023908)   #140
madman16
Racer

Australia
Brisvegas, Aus
madman16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bortall View Post

The chassis is the same underneath the skin, so a WP, FPR, T8, SBR, or KR built car for GRM (for example) could have a Chrysler body on it or anybody else's body. Throw in an engine from just about anywhere and away you go.
I was thinking the same thing. Also is there any official cut off or process in place for registering as a builder. And if so, you don't think they would make a change if it meant the involvement of a 4th manufacturer
Old 10 Feb 2012, 00:55 (Ref:3023912)   #141
scuderus
Racer

scuderus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bortall View Post

I also believe the above is correct,

Only registered builders can build the chassis, but individual teams can attach whatever body they want.

I remember Steve Johnson saying that they had an agreement in place to recieve 888 COTF chassis and will presumably attach falcon bodywork
Old 10 Feb 2012, 02:34 (Ref:3023929)   #142
St00ge
Veteran

St00ge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also why can't BJR and GRM which currently build their own chassis from kits provided by WP continue to do so under the COTF with who ever provides the COTF kit to them? I thought this was going to be allowed with the COTF..

It is not like all these guys with the fab shops are going to stop repairing their COTF chassis when they bingle them so why couldn't they build them up?
Old 10 Feb 2012, 07:02 (Ref:3023958)   #143
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Robert Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
you can't be serious??
No he has throwin the towel as regards something like V8Supercars and is more interested in the Touring Car masters and his now recently restored Trans Am Javelin.
Old 10 Feb 2012, 08:28 (Ref:3023973)   #144
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
You would imagine that GRM wouldnt need anywhere the size of shed they currently enjoy if their plan was to run customer cars. Having said that, GRM's first initiation into V8Supercar was with an ex-GMS and ex-HRT Commodore pair... anything may be possible in GRM land...

Does Mr Rogers back himself & his team to tune an 888-built car (for example) better than 888 can?
Old 10 Feb 2012, 08:28 (Ref:3023974)   #145
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Jack Daniels to Stay At Nissan Motorsport Australia

I guess that answers that...

Actually the Q&A Here is quite enlightening..

Come Alive. Come and Drive. NISSAN!!
Old 10 Feb 2012, 09:01 (Ref:3023991)   #146
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Despite the haters.. Here the Kelly Racing crew have already been to their new partners to show off their V8Supercar hardware...

Old 10 Feb 2012, 09:02 (Ref:3023993)   #147
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Its a shame, but it seems V8Supercar plans on limiting the number of road car manufacturers to 5 in the series Here

I still reckon 7 teams of 4 cars per road car manufacturer would be very cool! Baby steps.

You reckon Todd & Rick may appear in an ad like This

Farmer George
Old 10 Feb 2012, 09:49 (Ref:3024014)   #148
tbz
Racer

tbz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
official safety car revealed

Old 10 Feb 2012, 10:03 (Ref:3024018)   #149
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Despite the haters.. Here the Kelly Racing crew have already been to their new partners to show off their V8Supercar hardware...

Good move - gets all the Nissan staff involved right off the bat - very positive.

Safety Car scrubs up well too!
Old 10 Feb 2012, 10:42 (Ref:3024035)   #150
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The model Nissan will be using, will be a new car, released in America later this year. Has anyone heard if the car wll be available in Australia?