Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 26 Jul 2004, 21:03 (Ref:1048173)   #1
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Michael Schumacher to race outside of F1

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/rally/12223/?from=[HOME]

This could be very interesting.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 26 Jul 2004, 21:04 (Ref:1048175)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good news.

It won't prove anything, it's just a bit of fun
Old 26 Jul 2004, 21:09 (Ref:1048181)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Fantastic. It's a great event anyway and it always adds to the fun when 'outsiders' have a go. I look forward to it even more than normal. Maybe this will persued Eurosport (or whoever has it this year) to give it decent coverage (although it's always got a fiar amount).

Is this adding to Michael's methods of recharging his batteries? Karting and Rallying!

I shall move this to the Rally. Just like Michael let's get other F1 people in there! Thanks for the link e-a! I'll put a link in announcements too so people can find it.

Last edited by Adam43; 26 Jul 2004 at 21:32.
Old 26 Jul 2004, 21:21 (Ref:1048201)   #4
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso competed last year and was respectable. Jeff Gordon (NASCAR) showed really well as well. I believe daMatta competed once as well along with some other CART stars. Here's a link to the official site.
http://www.imp.mc/rocwebsite/index.htm
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 26 Jul 2004, 21:31 (Ref:1048216)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The Speed site suggests we may get Rossi doing it at the same time!
Old 26 Jul 2004, 21:35 (Ref:1048221)   #6
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm looking forward to this event immensely.

It's always great to see the light hearted end-of-term atmosphere.
Old 26 Jul 2004, 21:48 (Ref:1048241)   #7
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not bad, and good on him. Hopefully this will be transmitted somewhere where I get to see it - Eurosport perhaps?
Old 27 Jul 2004, 00:56 (Ref:1048349)   #8
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ditto, I have seen the event on tv here in Australia years ago - perhaps if MS is running that may lift the profile enough to get it on air.
Old 27 Jul 2004, 07:32 (Ref:1048468)   #9
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Should be interesting! Schumacher, Loeb, Rossi - that's not a bad start to the lineup is it? Gronholm and Rovanpera have taken part before as has James Thompson, I'd imagine when the lineup is fialised it'll read like a who's who of motorsport - with Schumi confirmed it's bound to attract more attention and drivers.
Old 27 Jul 2004, 11:19 (Ref:1048631)   #10
Vicki
Veteran

England
Stoke
Vicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
MS and the Race of Champions.

MS is due to compete in said race, except its a rally. So how do you think he'll do and if it was televised, would you watch? I am a Schumacher fan, but even I'll admit this might be a laugh, at his expense.
Old 27 Jul 2004, 11:22 (Ref:1048635)   #11
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think he'll do fine...

This is already covered in a thread in the Rallying forum...

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=57516
Old 27 Jul 2004, 11:24 (Ref:1048638)   #12
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I thought he said that rallying is too dangerous for him?
Old 27 Jul 2004, 11:54 (Ref:1048672)   #13
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
yeah . baby .. show time
could be a nice team with the Malboro stuff . Loeb/Sainz with Schumacher and probably a Ducati driver ..

Ciao Marco
Old 27 Jul 2004, 12:41 (Ref:1048714)   #14
Kicking-back
Veteran

This isn't really rallying as such.

It's more like rallycross - it's on a circuit and it's head to head.

No trees to hit either.
Old 27 Jul 2004, 13:33 (Ref:1048770)   #15
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh... one more race for TGF, would crowds gather around to see him ?
Old 27 Jul 2004, 13:51 (Ref:1048784)   #16
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully Jenson Button will be able to have a go, I remember that he was Barred from competing one year.
Old 27 Jul 2004, 13:57 (Ref:1048792)   #17
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lots of people wearing overpriced red merchandise would gather around to see him, me thinks..
Old 27 Jul 2004, 14:08 (Ref:1048800)   #18
Kicking-back
Veteran

It can't be overpriced if lots of people have bought it!
Old 27 Jul 2004, 14:46 (Ref:1048827)   #19
CleanTone
Racer

Romania
Colentina
CleanTone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rossi will be there, right? Woohoo
Old 27 Jul 2004, 15:03 (Ref:1048845)   #20
ASCII Man
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back
It can't be overpriced if lots of people have bought it!
Au contraire, it just kind of proves that the world is full of gullible idiots!
Old 27 Jul 2004, 15:09 (Ref:1048852)   #21
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It kind of (well, exactly) proves that Ferrari is the best known and most loved brand in motorsport!
Old 27 Jul 2004, 15:19 (Ref:1048859)   #22
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Not too sure about the most loved bit Glen
Old 27 Jul 2004, 15:36 (Ref:1048882)   #23
Kicking-back
Veteran

Well, we all have it continually rammed down our throats about how Ferrari is "special" and we should all love them.

They're just another team, I reckon.
Old 27 Jul 2004, 15:50 (Ref:1048901)   #24
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V
Not too sure about the most loved bit Glen
Well, that was my little tease - but actually perfectly true. Might not be best loved by you - but millions of other folk have a different opinion which is just as valid as yours or mine.
Old 27 Jul 2004, 16:14 (Ref:1048927)   #25
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
About 75% of whom are just tagging along for the Fiat glory trail.