Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 2 Aug 2005, 20:36 (Ref:1370502)   #51
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Jonathan Cochet would be a sound choice for the French seat.
Old 3 Aug 2005, 05:11 (Ref:1370734)   #52
macaroon
Rookie

macaroon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hear adam langley khan is going to be the 2nd driver for pakistan. also aren't will power, james courtney or will davison candidates for the aussie seat ?
Old 3 Aug 2005, 11:58 (Ref:1371017)   #53
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lots of the teams are testing today and tomorrow at Silvertone. Alex and Robbie are there . Mr Jinxx tells me its a who's who of motor racing down there.
Old 7 Aug 2005, 01:30 (Ref:1374069)   #54
ninetenths
Rookie

ninetenths should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you will find Christian Jones and Will Davison are the two drivers for Australia! Power and Courtney both have other commitments. Davison would be perfect for the seat, still young, experienced and out of a open wheeler drive at the moment. If Brands GP is the first round i remember Will being on the front row in Brit f3 there in 03.
Old 9 Aug 2005, 05:30 (Ref:1375464)   #55
Net-Ranger
Racer

Mexico
Mexico City
Net-Ranger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A1GP Team Mexico first confirmed drivers

Official!!!

Today A1GP team Mexico confirm Luis Diaz as it's first driver to race in all the A1GP schedule

Diaz is in full chase for the Grand-Am Rolex Series title this year against the best sportscar drivers of the world such as, Wayne Taylor, Andy wallace, Scoot Pruett, Max Angeleli, and A1GP owner, dutchman Jan Lammers.

The chooice was maiden by the high executives of A1GP Team Mexico and DAMS Team as a consecuence of the testing last week in Silverstone that for team Mexico was a live shootout/trials were more than look for times the work was focused in the integration of the drivers with the team and the car

The announcement of the other drivers that will join Diaz is expected

Personal opinion: Announcent of the other drivers will take place after the second testing session of the team in Paul Ricard...
Old 9 Aug 2005, 09:09 (Ref:1375575)   #56
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see Alex Gurney and Adam Langley Khan listed, are'nt they both toilet ( to various degrees) and only in the sport for their parents name/money?
Old 9 Aug 2005, 10:05 (Ref:1375615)   #57
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Alex Gurney's a decent though not great driver
Old 9 Aug 2005, 10:50 (Ref:1375682)   #58
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I might bbe getting him confused with that plank who hit the back of the field under the pace car at Imola a few years back, was it Derek Hill?
Old 9 Aug 2005, 10:53 (Ref:1375687)   #59
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes it was.
Old 9 Aug 2005, 15:18 (Ref:1375915)   #60
Net-Ranger
Racer

Mexico
Mexico City
Official!!!...

This tuesday morning was published in mexican motorsports website www.sporcar.com.mx that Salvador Duran, young mexican driver in full chase for this year National Class Championship in British F-3 was selected for A1GP team Mexico to be second driver of the team for the european races with the option depending on results of expand their participation to drive more races in the series

The selection was based in their experience and knowlege in several european track, their quick adapt to a car that doubles the power of their F-3 as well their great integration with the team during the shootout last week in Silverstone

The two or three places left in the team will be defined in the last shootout testing to take place in Paul Ricard during this month

Memo Rojas is the next on the radar, sources indicate that is probable he will be announced after Paul Ricard testing

Old 9 Aug 2005, 18:54 (Ref:1378375)   #61
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How many drivers is Mexico gonna use? Every race a new one?
Old 10 Aug 2005, 01:17 (Ref:1378588)   #62
Net-Ranger
Racer

Mexico
Mexico City
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy
How many drivers is Mexico gonna use? Every race a new one?
Nope...

What they are planning is to have two "principals" and two or 3 substitudes maybe, this not confirmed yet but what is pretty clear is that the team plan to use Luis Diaz as it's point man followed by other drivers that have experience in specific racetracks, for example it's pretty probable that Salvador Duran will race in at least one race of the european rounds and will be selected races/tracks where he get good results in the past , his experience in those tracks help the team I think he race in Formula Renault in Brands and Estoril, it's all about team work...and strategy, just like chess, put and use the pieces you want in the right moment and in the right place

Diaz is pretty capable of get consistent and good results for the team, no matter if he know already the track or not, in Grand-Am he show already that a new track is not a problem for him to be always in top 5

Memo Rojas could be called to race in Dubai or Laguna Seca, where he already race successfully in Renault V6's & Barber Dodge Pro Series before

Same for David Martinez who could be called for the home race in his own city, Monterrey, some years ago from the nothing he took a bad prepared car in Barber Dodge round ther and he just took the car to the 1st place...Just look what he done this year there with only a one day of testing a week before the race...

I have no doubt about that other teams might do the same, remember the series is all about team work!!!...
Old 10 Aug 2005, 05:21 (Ref:1378648)   #63
Kicking-back
Veteran

With all these other drivers filling in here and there, it sounds like Diaz will only end up doing about one race!
Old 10 Aug 2005, 14:07 (Ref:1379035)   #64
Net-Ranger
Racer

Mexico
Mexico City
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
With all these other drivers filling in here and there, it sounds like Diaz will only end up doing about one race!
Don't think so...

Remember that they are two races per round so...i know it look as a mess and a little bit confusing but i think they will do fine...
Old 10 Aug 2005, 15:06 (Ref:1379085)   #65
Kicking-back
Veteran

The sprint race is going to be very short (15-20 mins) and will set the grid for the main race.

Although the rules allow it, I don't think we'll see any countries use a different driver in the sprint as the do in the Grand Prix.
Old 12 Aug 2005, 00:40 (Ref:1380320)   #66
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can anyone update me on which teams will be running each country's car? Here's what I gather so far...

Australia - Alan Docking Racing
Brazil - ART/ASM?
Canada - ?
China - ?
France - DAMS?
GB - Arden International
Germany - ?
Italy - ?
India - ?
Ireland - ?
Lebanon - Ombra Racing, on behalf of Carlin
Malaysia - ?
Mexico - DAMS?
Netherlands - Racing For Holland
New Zealand - West Surrey Racing
Pakistan - ?
Portugal - Carlin Motorsport?
Turkey - ?
South Africa - ?
South Korea - ?
Switzerland - ?
USA - ?

If anyone can fill in the blanks, or confirm/deny those teams I've put question-marks by, I'll be grateful.
Old 12 Aug 2005, 07:25 (Ref:1380423)   #67
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondownunder
Can anyone update me on which teams will be running each country's car? Here's what I gather so far...

Australia - Alan Docking Racing
Brazil - ASM
Canada - ?
China - McDonald Motorsport
France - DAMS
GB - Arden Motorsport
Germany - ?
Italy - ?
India - Akbar Ebrahim
Ireland - ?
Lebanon - Carlin Motorsport
Malaysia - CMS
Mexico - DAMS
Netherlands - Racing For Holland
New Zealand - West Surrey Racing
Pakistan - Super Nova
Portugal - Carlin Motorsport
Turkey - ?
South Africa - BCN
South Korea - Autoracing Korea
Switzerland - A1 Team Switzerland
USA - John Village Automotive

If anyone can fill in the blanks, or confirm/deny those teams I've put question-marks by, I'll be grateful.
As per yesterdays 'Autosport'
Old 12 Aug 2005, 22:10 (Ref:1380949)   #68
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for the reply, just picked up Autosport today and answered my own question!
Old 15 Aug 2005, 10:33 (Ref:1382533)   #69
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ireland confirmed today; Mark Gallagher and Mark Kershaw heading up the team management and Ralph Firman to be lead driver.
Old 15 Aug 2005, 11:13 (Ref:1382573)   #70
Kicking-back
Veteran

Solid squad, that.
Old 15 Aug 2005, 11:28 (Ref:1382596)   #71
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Firman should change his flag to 'for sale'
Old 15 Aug 2005, 11:31 (Ref:1382600)   #72
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As KB said, a good solid squad. Firman is very capable of doing a good job providing he has the right team behind him. Any word yet as to who the #2 driver is?
Old 15 Aug 2005, 12:29 (Ref:1382683)   #73
Kicking-back
Veteran

There's no need to have one!
Old 15 Aug 2005, 14:00 (Ref:1382779)   #74
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Where Rally Aus belongs - Perth, WA
mabs_nsx is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by cos
Ireland confirmed today; Mark Gallagher and Mark Kershaw heading up the team management and Ralph Firman to be lead driver.
I thought Ralph Firman was British.

2003 Drivers Championship
http://www.formula1.com/archive/driver/2003.html
Old 15 Aug 2005, 14:29 (Ref:1382800)   #75
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep,so did I. Pretty sure he has always apeared under the UK flag in the past. At least he gives us one more decent driver ,with F1 experience racing.