Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 18 Apr 2013, 21:13 (Ref:3236378)   #1
Derwent Motorsp
Veteran

Scotland
Cumbria
Derwent Motorsp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Historic V8 Racing Association

What has happened to this series? I watched some good races last year but I now see they have pulled out for the AMOC meeting at Donington next month.
Old 19 Apr 2013, 17:04 (Ref:3236716)   #2
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Relies on entries and if they are not coming in thats it I guess. I am a late starter this year because of a foriegn trip, the weather and general shortage of funds due to huge downturn in work but was planning to come out. Maybe the plug has been pulled a tad early if indeed it has.
Old 19 Apr 2013, 17:09 (Ref:3236721)   #3
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There wasn't enough entries for the Snetterton meeting so we were amalgamated into different races. I spoke to Bernie on Saturday and he was pretty disapointed as he didn't really know where everyone had gone. OK, so Al was on holiday

I'm presuming Bernie has pulled out of the AMOC meeting (Oulton not Donington) as maybe they won't be quite as accomodating as the CSCC.

I think we are all looking ahead to the Brands Speedfest event in June so hopefully we will be back to normal and have a full grid
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 19 Apr 2013, 17:58 (Ref:3236739)   #4
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I,d have loved to enter the races and add to the numbers if he would have accepted my 1972 replica GT40.
Old 19 Apr 2013, 18:42 (Ref:3236749)   #5
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Well I am up for Brands and so is Phil with his new Ford Maverick so come on lets have a show of hands here, who else is in?
Old 19 Apr 2013, 21:03 (Ref:3236806)   #6
Moosehead
Veteran

Me me me
Old 20 Apr 2013, 07:46 (Ref:3236945)   #7
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Well thats three of us!
Old 20 Apr 2013, 09:11 (Ref:3236962)   #8
Moosehead
Veteran

To be fair I don't think there's many of us on here!
Old 20 Apr 2013, 09:54 (Ref:3236974)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, I hope it keeps going so I can bring my new toy out to play next year.
Old 20 Apr 2013, 15:14 (Ref:3237049)   #10
jacobyte
Rookie

United Kingdom
jacobyte should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've had the same business volatility as Al, but I'm certainly committing to the Brands event.

Graham, I've sent you a private message.
Old 20 Apr 2013, 20:21 (Ref:3237122)   #11
John Wilson
Rookie

John Wilson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really hope everyone comes out and supports Bernies v8 series at the speedfest event at Brands and beyond.I will definitely be at there, lets hope we get a big entry.
Old 21 Apr 2013, 09:21 (Ref:3237298)   #12
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Just building and engine for the event now, just hope its alright as have had a couple of issues to overcome.
Old 15 May 2013, 09:47 (Ref:3247764)   #13
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
An update for you guys and gals. I have just got off the phone to Bernie the Brands Hatch Speed event is very much on with Euro Nascars, Bernies V8's, etc etc (see link) and American car displays. Car clubs have been invited and Brands have received a lot of interest for the event with advanced ticket sales, this is going to be big! Bernie has over 20 confirmed entries so far and more promised and some real stunning cars entered and some top names.

Owners of Yankee muscle road cars are being invited down to and there is a deal on the Speedfest page for them to apply for free entry for the driver. Any American car owners that live North of the Thames and fancy attending the Brands Hatch Speed Fest on June 9th Bernie's son Adam Chodosh is planning to meet any American car owners who want to at 8.30 at South Mimms Service Station on the Sunday and take a cruise to Brands from there or of course make your own way there. All sounds pretty cool to me!

Here is the link to the event which is now sponsored by Chevrolet which means I have to go lol! http://www.speedfest.co.uk/
Old 15 May 2013, 19:11 (Ref:3248044)   #14
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Believe it or not i,m booked in with the Porsche. I,m part of the Motion Pictures Motors display representing the film "LeMans".

I would have sooner been out racing with you all with the 40.
Still at least i can cheer you all on.
I,ll come visiting.
Old 15 May 2013, 22:30 (Ref:3248163)   #15
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
See you there Graham, I would have liked to have seen you out as well.
Old 17 May 2013, 09:41 (Ref:3248796)   #16
jacobyte
Rookie

United Kingdom
I'm entered too. This time I might actually turn up, rather than sitting on the M25 hard shoulder.
Old 18 May 2013, 08:07 (Ref:3249244)   #17
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
What are you racing Jaco, and if you break down again so close to the track give Bernie a ring as I am sure there will be one or two at the track with a recovery vehicles that will come out and drag you in!
Old 18 May 2013, 09:07 (Ref:3249268)   #18
jacobyte
Rookie

United Kingdom
It's a Shelby Daytona Cobra (not one of the 6 early cars; it's the version manufactured by Superformance in 2005). So it should fit in well.

Al, to jog the old memory - you bought some tyres from me via Ebay several months ago. I trust they worked well.

I might need to order some race numbers from you.
Old 18 May 2013, 15:43 (Ref:3249433)   #19
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Oh yes I remember now, yeah tires were good thanks