Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 5 Apr 2016, 09:39 (Ref:3630473)   #1
DerGo67
Rookie

Scotland
Scotland
DerGo67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Radio at Silverstone

Hi Guys,

I'm heading down to Silverstone again this year for the WEC opening round. Does anyone know how I can listen to Radio Lemans at the track? I know I could probably listen to them using Tuneln radio on my phone but that could be a problem due to bad signal plus the amount of data that would use up.

I was hoping I could pick them up on AM / FM. If that was possible I could but a small radio to take with me. If that is out of the question could someone tell me what frequency Radio Silverstone broadcast on?

Any info would be much appreciated.
Old 5 Apr 2016, 10:09 (Ref:3630476)   #2
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In previous years, radio Le Mans have taken over the PA system at Silverstone and so you can listen to it on radio Silverstone which is 87.7FM. I guess it would be the same this year and hope you enjoy your weekend
Old 5 Apr 2016, 10:12 (Ref:3630478)   #3
DerGo67
Rookie

Scotland
Scotland
DerGo67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giba View Post
In previous years, radio Le Mans have taken over the PA system at Silverstone and so you can listen to it on radio Silverstone which is 87.7FM. I guess it would be the same this year and hope you enjoy your weekend

Thanks Giba that was just the info I needed
Old 5 Apr 2016, 12:12 (Ref:3630501)   #4
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Although this past weekend the RLM commentary for the 24hrs was on 1602AM (plus the tannoy).

So, as long as you get a radio with both AM and FM then you should be good.
Old 5 Apr 2016, 12:47 (Ref:3630505)   #5
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Would advise a pair of ear defender/radio ones, as they keep your ears warm, it always seems cold and windy at silverstone
Old 5 Apr 2016, 19:04 (Ref:3630569)   #6
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
24 hours was broadcast on 1602MW and that seemed common last year. Which is a pain, since I don't have a portable radio with MW. In the early hours of the morning last Sunday it would have been nice to have some way of knowing what was going on.

Please put it back onto 87.7.
Old 5 Apr 2016, 19:51 (Ref:3630583)   #7
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last year Radio Silverstone was on 1602am all year except for the WEC which was on 87.7FM.

As Truckosaurus says above, bring a radio that will receive both (and a supply of batteries)
Old 5 Apr 2016, 19:58 (Ref:3630584)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Boo to AM!

Fingers crossed for FM like last year. It's the only other time I wear my ear defender / headphone thingies.
Old 6 Apr 2016, 08:53 (Ref:3630664)   #9
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Boo to AM!
Although it did allow me to use the AM band on my car radio for the first time in the 14 months I've owned it.
Old 6 Apr 2016, 11:24 (Ref:3630698)   #10
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sillystone has a limited number of restricted service licence days where it can use FM.
They use those days for "big" events like the WEC, Classic and I assume F1 and Moto GPs.
Old 7 Apr 2016, 18:15 (Ref:3630992)   #11
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pretty sure it's on 87.7FM and for those unable to make the event it's shown live on Motors tv uk in it's entirety as is the ELMS race on Saturday.
Old 7 Apr 2016, 22:29 (Ref:3631075)   #12
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Made it onto the tele at the 24 hours, shall have to try for a repeat performance at this one.
Old 8 Apr 2016, 12:24 (Ref:3631187)   #13
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On the online event map (link in silverstone who's going thread) it says that radio le mans will be on 87.7 FM at the track which is fantastic news!
Old 9 Apr 2016, 22:00 (Ref:3631593)   #14
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
Last year Radio Silverstone was on 1602am all year except for the WEC which was on 87.7FM.
And the F1, Silverstone Classic, Moto GP, BTCC, BSB, British GT and Blancpain.
Old 10 Apr 2016, 17:05 (Ref:3631737)   #15
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
But not CSCC, ridiculous.