Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 7 Feb 2017, 07:26 (Ref:3710631)   #1551
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Just thought i would re-look at this after a year
I believe it was a Supercar Media production for the first time, replacing AVE.

Still far fewer cameras than the 1000, but with the addition of a few static cameras over previous years.
Old 7 Feb 2017, 07:53 (Ref:3710638)   #1552
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Oz View Post

Have a rather soft spot for the Bentley's as well. I heard on Saturday that they may not be back next year, it was a three year plan and this was the third year. I hope this is incorrect. Those things sounded tough!!!
Apparently there's a new Bentley due for 2018 - IIRC they've confirmed there will be a race programme with the new car, but haven't confirmed a timescale for the GT3 version yet. I'd guess they'd want to bring the new car to Bathurst, so maybe a year out next year and back for '19?
Old 7 Feb 2017, 08:36 (Ref:3710645)   #1553
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
I believe it was a Supercar Media production for the first time, replacing AVE.

Still far fewer cameras than the 1000, but with the addition of a few static cameras over previous years.
thanks. It was I was thinking, just didnt know for sure
Old 7 Feb 2017, 08:37 (Ref:3710646)   #1554
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
Apparently there's a new Bentley due for 2018 - IIRC they've confirmed there will be a race programme with the new car, but haven't confirmed a timescale for the GT3 version yet. I'd guess they'd want to bring the new car to Bathurst, so maybe a year out next year and back for '19?
Im sure i have read post race that bentley will be back next year (although things change)
Old 7 Feb 2017, 08:50 (Ref:3710648)   #1555
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Who do you speak? Kox, Enge....??
Ms Wood.

Mr Enge was driving the M-Motorsport X-Bow.
Old 7 Feb 2017, 12:05 (Ref:3710686)   #1556
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Article
“It’s a sign of the quality of their crew that they had here. I’m not going to of course, but I’d steal them in a heartbeat for Triple Eight.” - Mark Dutton about the Maranello Motorsport crew
Article Here
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 7 Feb 2017, 13:01 (Ref:3710697)   #1557
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Managed to finally catch up with the race. This track is awesome on TV, I can't even imagine how it would be to drive on it with a racecar doing 280kmph!
Old 7 Feb 2017, 19:23 (Ref:3710770)   #1558
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
I know Vilander was rapid at the weekend, but I can see SVG JW & CL in a 888 Ferrari next year, SVG isn't contracted to anyone as far as I'm aware and last weekend looked a bit more than a toe in the GT3 water for 888, maybe another 488 for factory Ferrari guys similar to the Walkinshaw effort
Old 8 Feb 2017, 01:22 (Ref:3710845)   #1559
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Positive growth for 12hr audience

Biggest sorting event on TV on the weekend, (bigger than AFLW ? shhh)
Old 8 Feb 2017, 01:38 (Ref:3710848)   #1560
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Activating The Sponsorship At SRM
Old 8 Feb 2017, 01:50 (Ref:3710849)   #1561
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Watched all 12hrs on FTA with live timing on the laptop beside me.
Not as good as being there but still a great days entertainment.
I am pretty ancient, and maybe my tastes are old fashioned, but it really was reminiscent of the great days of Bathurst in the 80s and 90s.
A real International feel, a vibe that this was an event of world standing and Australia's top drivers and teams at their best.
What was the personal vibe among those who are more recent race fans?
Quick question. What was the reason for the JBS Lambo going down another lap around lap 280 or so? Congrats to Scudd and team for a great effort.
Old 8 Feb 2017, 02:08 (Ref:3710851)   #1562
McLaren Oz
Rookie

McLaren Oz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtony View Post
Watched all 12hrs on FTA with live timing on the laptop beside me.
Not as good as being there but still a great days entertainment.
I am pretty ancient, and maybe my tastes are old fashioned, but it really was reminiscent of the great days of Bathurst in the 80s and 90s.
A real International feel, a vibe that this was an event of world standing and Australia's top drivers and teams at their best.
What was the personal vibe among those who are more recent race fans?
Quick question. What was the reason for the JBS Lambo going down another lap around lap 280 or so? Congrats to Scudd and team for a great effort.
I believe it was a late splash and dash after Campbell punted them off the road....love that Lambo!!!
Old 8 Feb 2017, 02:53 (Ref:3710856)   #1563
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
The dummy’s guide to the 2017 Bathurst 12 Hour

Thanks Top gear
Old 8 Feb 2017, 12:01 (Ref:3710951)   #1564
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 8 Feb 2017, 12:05 (Ref:3710952)   #1565
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
From Mr Longhurst himself...

Old 8 Feb 2017, 21:16 (Ref:3711043)   #1566
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Bathurst 12 Hour to remain a multi-class race

Bit of data regarding the event

Quote:
But for me, the game is not to aim for 72 cars. I think that is a meaningless objective.
“What we are focussed on is having a broad representation of manufacturers, of classes and of local and international drivers.
Old 8 Feb 2017, 22:59 (Ref:3711059)   #1567
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re-watching the podium, its a pity that it wasn't better explained to the audience (and the drivers) that the winners were being awarded the "Australian Tourist Trophy". Given the history of the trophy, why wasn't it handed out first?

Whincup looked as clueless receiving that trophy as he did at Oran Park in 2008 when he was handed the ATCC Trophy from Colin Osbourne (when after giving a puzzled look, handed the trophy off to Lowndes who was standing beside him and just held the V8SC trophy)
Old 9 Feb 2017, 04:15 (Ref:3711119)   #1568
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeW04 View Post
I know Vilander was rapid at the weekend, but I can see SVG JW & CL in a 888 Ferrari next year, SVG isn't contracted to anyone as far as I'm aware and last weekend looked a bit more than a toe in the GT3 water for 888, maybe another 488 for factory Ferrari guys similar to the Walkinshaw effort
Maranello Motorsport is an official customer team of Ferrari - so I think as long as they are involved an international Ferrari driver will be involved.

I think that 888 / MM collaboration could see a 2nd car in the stable rather than 888 going out on their own.
Old 9 Feb 2017, 07:11 (Ref:3711141)   #1569
Somatosis
Rookie

Australia
Somatosis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Re-watching the podium, its a pity that it wasn't better explained to the audience (and the drivers) that the winners were being awarded the "Australian Tourist Trophy". Given the history of the trophy, why wasn't it handed out first?

Whincup looked as clueless receiving that trophy as he did at Oran Park in 2008 when he was handed the ATCC Trophy from Colin Osbourne (when after giving a puzzled look, handed the trophy off to Lowndes who was standing beside him and just held the V8SC trophy)
Very good point, if the winners are coming out first it should have taken pride of place.

Judging by his post race comments, I'm not sure it would have made a difference, sadly.
Old 9 Feb 2017, 10:51 (Ref:3711182)   #1570
McLaren Oz
Rookie

McLaren Oz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anybody recorded the race in full and able to put it on DVD disc?
Will be happy to pay any costs involved. Thanks.
Old 9 Feb 2017, 10:53 (Ref:3711183)   #1571
Fairlane GTA
Rookie

New Zealand
Parnell
Fairlane GTA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The 4 blokes in that Kiwi Lamborghini were seemingly in the way of many cars at the weekend. A good car with pilots who perhaps haven't quite gone that fast in their lives, tens of seconds a lap slower than the similar Lago Racing example...
GTR, I feel you are being somewhat unfair. For starters you aren't comparing apples with apples. The Lago car was being driven by it's owner and 2 pros, on the softer option tyre, and trying to win, and a mighty job they did too.

The Kiwi car was your basic lease deal, on the medium tyre, with the plan to try to finish, a somewhat different scenario. The reason the last run was slow is the front end was a little deranged by this point, and the car wouldn't turn left with any celerity.
Old 9 Feb 2017, 11:37 (Ref:3711192)   #1572
RedZedMikey
Racer

Australia
Victoria, Australia
RedZedMikey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Has anybody recorded the race in full and able to put it on DVD disc?
Will be happy to pay any costs involved. Thanks.
I have it recorded in 5 sectors, each 2½ hour sector would go on to 1 DVD. Also have the top 10 if interested. Let me know by PM if you want to go ahead. Haven't watched it yet since getting back from the race!
Old 10 Feb 2017, 02:56 (Ref:3711324)   #1573
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
I love Mauro Engel's reaction. It is refreshing to see that. I'm glad he called out SVG for his idiocy.
Old 10 Feb 2017, 23:20 (Ref:3711463)   #1574
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

She's a bit hurt

And for sale... Here
Old 11 Feb 2017, 07:18 (Ref:3711493)   #1575
scudd
Racer

scudd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairlane GTA View Post
GTR, I feel you are being somewhat unfair. For starters you aren't comparing apples with apples. The Lago car was being driven by it's owner and 2 pros, on the softer option tyre, and trying to win, and a mighty job they did too.

The Kiwi car was your basic lease deal, on the medium tyre, with the plan to try to finish, a somewhat different scenario. The reason the last run was slow is the front end was a little deranged by this point, and the car wouldn't turn left with any celerity.
We ran mediums same as the kiwi lads.