Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 14 Nov 2017, 13:42 (Ref:3780382)   #181
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
So Kyle Larson got 4 wins, 8 runner-up finishes and 14 top 5s, but got eliminated in the second round of the playoffs for a blown engine in Kansas.

Nascar rules.
Martin Truex probably would have wrapped up the Championship 2 races ago if they were running a true season championship series...

But they aren't! Same rules for everyone.

-Mike Cooley, The Stroker Ace
Old 14 Nov 2017, 16:00 (Ref:3780401)   #182
Number4
Racer

England
Deep South
Number4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
God I hope Martin Truex Jr wins the championship.

Maybe Chase will have some luck in the #9 next year. Too many second places.
#24 put the #11 into the fence and out of the Championship as payback for Martinsville. I think he should have sat behind the #20 until the last few laps. He timed his run too early and ended up getting caught out on old tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
So Kyle Larson got 4 wins, 8 runner-up finishes and 14 top 5s, but got eliminated in the second round of the playoffs for a blown engine in Kansas.

Nascar rules.
NASCAR playoff rules are insane, hopefully they will grow out of this phase before too long.
#42 has scored 4 points in the last 4 races. He would be 2nd in points if he had averaged 17th.

Quote:
Martin Truex probably would have wrapped up the Championship 2 races ago if they were running a true season championship series...

But they aren't! Same rules for everyone.
Jayski does not seem to be keeping an old points system score, but by my reckoning the points should look like this...
1st #78 Truex Jr 1320
2nd #18 Busch 1156
3rd #4 Harvick 1128
4th #42 Larson 1078
5th #11 Hamlin 1064

Will you cry if the little Busch sister wins another Championship?
Go #18!
Old 14 Nov 2017, 16:12 (Ref:3780404)   #183
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number4 View Post
#24 put the #11 into the fence and out of the Championship as payback for Martinsville.
Sorry I missed that! And good for Chase.

Quote:
Jayski does not seem to be keeping an old points system score, but by my reckoning the points should look like this...
1st #78 Truex Jr 1320
2nd #18 Busch 1156
3rd #4 Harvick 1128
4th #42 Larson 1078
5th #11 Hamlin 1064
Yeah I looked for this earlier and noticed Jayski stopped (or was asked to stop) in 2016. And if this is true, Truex is your champ.

Quote:
Will you cry if the little Busch sister wins another Championship?
Go #18!
I've not cried for NASCAR since February of 2001, when it all died for me (in hindsight, of course).

But to the specific question, if Kyle wins, he'd still be only a playoff champ and not a true champ, b/c the sport is no longer relevant. To me, that is. I really have a hard time caring either way.

Old 14 Nov 2017, 17:05 (Ref:3780410)   #184
Number4
Racer

England
Deep South
Number4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Sorry I missed that! And good for Chase.

Yeah I looked for this earlier and noticed Jayski stopped (or was asked to stop) in 2016. And if this is true, Truex is your champ.

I've not cried for NASCAR since February of 2001, when it all died for me (in hindsight, of course).

But to the specific question, if Kyle wins, he'd still be only a playoff champ and not a true champ, b/c the sport is no longer relevant. To me, that is. I really have a hard time caring either way.
#11 cut the dog leg and pulled a slide job on the #24. Chase was stone cold about it, he followed the three tap rule, two nudges then a bump and run. Afterwards he said he was just racing him how he races me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=fbcxaGJmQNg

I much prefer the old jayski site to the new one. It takes 5 minutes to load a gigabyte of adverts then crashes. I guess them that be threatened him with "actions detrimental to stock car racing" for dissing the play offs.

At least little Busch sister will have completed a whole season this time if he is crowned champion. I hope they get rid of this dumb system asap.
Old 14 Nov 2017, 17:21 (Ref:3780413)   #185
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number4 View Post
#11 cut the dog leg and pulled a slide job on the #24. Chase was stone cold about it, he followed the three tap rule, two nudges then a bump and run. Afterwards he said he was just racing him how he races me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=fbcxaGJmQNg

I much prefer the old jayski site to the new one. It takes 5 minutes to load a gigabyte of adverts then crashes. I guess them that be threatened him with "actions detrimental to stock car racing" for dissing the play offs.

At least little Busch sister will have completed a whole season this time if he is crowned champion. I hope they get rid of this dumb system asap.
Thanks for sharing the video! That wasn't bad at all by Chase. For him it was, but in the great scheme of things, he just used a chrome horn and drove him a little wide off exit. What happened after happened. Others would've flat out dumped him.

Old 15 Nov 2017, 13:44 (Ref:3780559)   #186
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
To slightly improve the current playoff system, I would allow to drop the worst results in each round, and only take points for the best two races. This would allow drivers to get one DNF and still advance to the next round.