Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 28 Oct 2008, 20:50 (Ref:2322842)   #26
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Its stopped raining
Old 29 Oct 2008, 11:55 (Ref:2323404)   #27
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
that will teach you all for racing in the shooting season!
Old 29 Oct 2008, 12:05 (Ref:2323413)   #28
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Its started raining again.Its only the Terry show thats keeping me from getting board .We have to be careful could get suspended.Impressed with the post with 10/10ths answer to Sarah Palin.If it moves shoot it.
Old 29 Oct 2008, 12:15 (Ref:2323424)   #29
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
unlike her I have to buy my own designer clobber....
Old 29 Oct 2008, 13:18 (Ref:2323484)   #30
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Thought you might get it at cost with those clothes shops
Old 29 Oct 2008, 13:20 (Ref:2323487)   #31
simon drabble
Veteran

sshh I am keeping my cross dressing quiet! Sadly the shops are bird's shops - they spend more than us lot!
Old 4 Nov 2008, 17:54 (Ref:2328064)   #32
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Just back and i meen just back as pinion bearing on tow van started rumberling as i came off ferry at Calais last Tuesday evening.Arrived at track Thursday dinner time signed in and paid the 105 euros for lunch every day which was very nice as some of you know how much i enjoy my food. Only prob the resturant was only open from 11am to 3pm and as i dont like to eat to much before a race i did not get the best out of my 35 euros. The food was very good. Everyone was very nice at the track and very helpfull. Patrick and Louie are allways around to help and not stuck up in an office somewhere that you cant get too. Thanks guys.
I struggled to learn circuit only 3 laps in the rain in Lotus 17 and 6 laps in Galaxie.We qualafied P43 in Gentleman drivers and last or 7th in Yankee race.
Everyone met up for dinner Sat evening and i was sat next to a nice German chap and in typical Delta fashion asked him what he was doing and he explained he was organising the modern GT race. I then spent the next 30 mins telling him all about our Historic FF2000 races that we organise. At one point i am sure he said something about racing a Porsch 917 and it was'nt till Simon H then told me that it was Juergen Barth ive been talking to. "Muppett Rowley".After that i was up and dancing with a very nice Belly dancer who id met in the loo earlier If only i was 40 years younger.!!!.
Back to the track Sunday and we had finnished 22nd in the Gentleman drivers race and 4th in class Sat afternoon and i had a great Ding Dong battle with Brian Lambert in his MGB.Jims 1098 Lotus 17 is about the same in performance as the Elite and there was nothing in it performance wise but i think the Lotus being a lot lighter had the edge.We finnished 5th or second in class and last in Yankee race and i ran out of fuel again and had to wait untill the GT race had finnished for a tow back.Blooming boring watching this all singing and dancing Ferrari lap all the other cars in 30 min and missed getting on podium and collecting pot for 2nd.
Marcus Mussa was the star of Delta camp with a 4th and 5th in FJ race as well as fastest lap.It was good to get some track advice from someone who new what he was doing "thanks Marcus". I think i could of done with some tuition havent stuggled to learn a track so much since Porto last year.
Roger won 3 hour race and Simon H had a couple of wins as well i think that was it for 10 10 th drivers.
Next job was trying to get home, no one in the paddock was forth comming in towing Galaxie home so we filled up the truck with all heavy spares out of van and went for it. Lost 5th gear just past Dijon but made it to Calais on to ferry and arrived home at 3am.All in all we had a good time and nice to have all cars finnish i can now get dug in for winter with all the rebuilds then its an early spring as we head of to SA in Feb.
Old 5 Nov 2008, 10:53 (Ref:2328562)   #33
Dan Rear
Veteran

Dan Rear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good story as ever Iain, Jurgen Barth,well well! Did he appreciate who HE was talking to I wonder? He may have raced a 917, bet he doesn't know what a Spartan is though!
Old 5 Nov 2008, 12:50 (Ref:2328624)   #34
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks Dan. He is a really nice bloke and even rememberd me on Sunday. He did not get up and dance with me and Jim with the belly dancer though.
Old 5 Nov 2008, 12:56 (Ref:2328629)   #35
ralt-racer
Racer

ralt-racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Ian thanks for the report the usual mix of disaster and fun as always........

Thought about writing a book?

I am not doing the F3 championship next year Dad is building an Alexis ff1600 so I might do a few with that. If Rolty dosen't sell the cooper might get another go in that as well.

If you need a spare peddler let me know I am always intrested in driving other things and get your F3 out again.

Are you at the Hscc dd??

Cheer's Benn
Old 5 Nov 2008, 13:19 (Ref:2328658)   #36
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
[img]http://www.alanmorgan.plus.com/Deltapics/Galaxie.jpg[/img] For those off you fed up with looking at that Red and White Capri or Red MGB here is a pic of Star Ship at Paul Ricard with me totally out of control. But having a lot of fun. Boy am i glad your not racing Classic F3 next year Ben. Hows married life.
Old 5 Nov 2008, 18:29 (Ref:2328883)   #37
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Will be at HSCC Dinner and Dance. Do you need a hand holding all the pots you have won.You need to post a pic sometime of your March as it looks fantastic in original colours. Monaco thread would be good might help you get an entry for 2010.
Old 6 Nov 2008, 13:52 (Ref:2329439)   #38
ralt-racer
Racer

ralt-racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow driving that Galaxy must feel like piloting the moon....

Married life is much the same as single life.......pretty good I have been together with Heidi for 11 years so I didn't expect much to change.

I would love to drive some of the European tracks. Dad has a house near clermont ferrand we went up to Charade for a look what a circuit...!!!! have you ever driven it??

We are well chuffed with the March I will look at getting some photos on line.

Have you sorted that Lotus Junior out yet?
Old 6 Nov 2008, 17:09 (Ref:2329548)   #39
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
'met a belly dancer in the loo'

Am I missing something here
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 6 Nov 2008, 17:46 (Ref:2329570)   #40
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Yea but at the time did not know she was going to come out as the dancer. She was very nice. It was all great fun as it would apear that the whole family were dancing Granny and all.The whole evenong was great fun with all drivers mechanics helpers ect getting together and having a laugh. Nice way to end the season.
Old 7 Nov 2008, 11:39 (Ref:2329953)   #41
georgkjallgren
Rookie

georgkjallgren should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lap times paul ricard

Hi, would anyone know where to get the lap times from the races at Paul Ricard or will we never see them.
Old 7 Nov 2008, 21:04 (Ref:2330302)   #42
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Laptimes and results

Hi here's the organisation of the race, to get the Paul Ricard results and all the laptimes normally, you can go on the website of Grand Prix de l'Age d'Or, http://www.gpao.fr

The meeting was nice as Mr Delta Motorsport described it, so we hope to see you in Dijon and Paul Ricard. I'll post the dates for the Dijon and Paul Ricard meetings for next year on the forum.

Bye.
Old 7 Nov 2008, 23:58 (Ref:2330408)   #43
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Louis, dont foget to post the pics of you in the Galaxie. Peter and Terrance would love to see them.Thanks again for yours and your dads help at the weekend.
Old 8 Nov 2008, 12:03 (Ref:2330592)   #44
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta
Louis, dont foget to post the pics of you in the Galaxie. Peter and Terrance would love to see them.Thanks again for yours and your dads help at the weekend.

Would have thought Peter had seen quite enough of it anyway!
Old 8 Nov 2008, 21:22 (Ref:2330801)   #45
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
Would have thought Peter had seen quite enough of it anyway!
is Peter that kind of slow recording? I cant believe
Old 10 Nov 2008, 12:16 (Ref:2332417)   #46
Racesport
Rookie

Italy
Milano, Itlay
Racesport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all,

here is a movie of our "battle" between my Wainer (camera-car), Beolchi's Apache and Rabagliati's Alexis at Paul Ricard last November 2!

http://www.youtube.com/user/CDCRacesport
Old 10 Nov 2008, 12:42 (Ref:2332433)   #47
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Some bloke's helmeted head kept getting in the way. Seriously, though that was great to watch and looked like a lot of fun. The Apache had some pace down the straights didn't it, whereas you and Duncan were better into the braking area? Lovely move around the outside towards the end. Great stuff; thanks for sharing!
Old 10 Nov 2008, 13:25 (Ref:2332455)   #48
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
That film just goes to prove what fun FJ in all the way down the grid.Fantastic Racesport we were worried that your weekend was not going to last that long with all the smoke from engine in collecting area. Have you e mailed the film to Duncan i know he would love to see it.
Old 10 Nov 2008, 14:41 (Ref:2332492)   #49
Racesport
Rookie

Italy
Milano, Itlay
Racesport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, we had a lot of fun at Paul Ricard and in all the races of the season, in the "battles" with other competitors of the last part of the grid ...
My poor Fiat Engine was really at the end! I had a problem with leak of water into the head at Silverstone Classic, we fixed in few days before Nurburgring, and then it was quite ok till Dijon, but at the end of last the Dijon Race it started again smoking ...
I was lucky to conclude the qualification and two races at Paul Ricard!
I hope to solve definitively the problem during winter!
I sent the movie to Duncan as all other movie of our races!
Paul Ricard was a very nice weekend (even if really expensive!).
Old 10 Nov 2008, 16:24 (Ref:2332537)   #50
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Carlo, I'm pleased your engine made it all the way to the end. Now it's time to put a proper engine in there!

Take care,

Tim