Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 17 Jul 2009, 17:55 (Ref:2503431)   #1
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Turner, (mainly) offline for a while!

Lightning has knocked out the internet connection on my PC, so my visits here using my wife's (slow) laptop will be infrequent and short over the coming days. All pictorial reviews suspended until further notice!
Old 17 Jul 2009, 18:00 (Ref:2503432)   #2
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Surely you could have come up with something more original than that. Dog ate my power cable or the like....
Old 19 Jul 2009, 08:43 (Ref:2504073)   #3
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
John as "Head boy " are you joining us at the Classic.
Old 20 Jul 2009, 16:33 (Ref:2504968)   #4
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Back now; normal service, whatever that may be, will be resumed shortly.

Iain, I had planned to go to Spa with Kevin this weekend (I have a thing about night racing!) but the trip was on and off more frequently than the bathroom light switch, so I decided a couple of weeks ago that the Classic was where I should be, anyway, so the answer is 'Yes'! Will probably finish up sleeping in the car like last year, as I doubt I'll want to drive home Saturday night!

Incidentally, the guys (well, some of them!) in the Chassis History Achive call me the headmaster, but I know you lot like to keep me in my place, so only a head boy, here!
Old 20 Jul 2009, 17:44 (Ref:2504999)   #5
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Evan more excited now that your comming John.There is room in the Delta motor home unless i pull one of the PCD.
Old 21 Jul 2009, 06:50 (Ref:2505228)   #6
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Hmm, not quite sure how to take that, Iain! You might want to consider those two sentences together again! Anyway, who is this Evan?
Old 21 Jul 2009, 08:19 (Ref:2505261)   #7
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
OK will try again. We have space in the motor home if you need a bed Friday night.As im a bald headed 57 year old i think chances of pulling are zero.You are more than welcome John.We might include breakfast as well.
Old 21 Jul 2009, 08:43 (Ref:2505278)   #8
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
I hope that you realise I was teasing, Iain! A very kind offer, but I almost certainly won't be there on Friday.
Old 22 Jul 2009, 12:02 (Ref:2506016)   #9
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I look forward to bumping into you over the course of the weekend, John.
I should be there all 3 days, and may, possibly, be there for Thursday testing, too...
It depends on a kids play in Banbury! If it's booked up, I'll be there with ankle biters.
Closed Thread