Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 1 Nov 2012, 12:03 (Ref:3161027)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Race Retro

http://www.raceretro.com/editorialim...E_DOWNLOAD.pdf
Old 1 Nov 2012, 12:58 (Ref:3161048)   #2
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I went last year for the first time and quite enjoyed it. Looking forward to going back next year
Old 1 Nov 2012, 20:42 (Ref:3161208)   #3
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm there again! I've booked my stand in the Outer Darkness, near the Tunnel to Civiliation once again
Old 4 Nov 2012, 16:59 (Ref:3162463)   #4
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Did you see some the stats further down!

55% are apparently in senior management positions

and something like 60% earn mroe than 45k per years!

Doesnt surprise me whan you walk round a bit historic meeting paddock, I reckon if you put that figure at 100k you will stillg et about 40%

Yet, how many of them can really push their assets?
Old 4 Nov 2012, 18:52 (Ref:3162520)   #5
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I bet the figures are broadly similar for many race meetings featuring "moderns" as well. My customer demographics show a high proportion of the very wealthiest people in the country. Look at the cost of Radicals and the like, even second hand, you don't go racing without a large wallet to absorb the shock.

On the whole, that is. A sweeping generalisation, but the kind of generalisation that consumer research is based on.
Old 5 Nov 2012, 10:02 (Ref:3162796)   #6
Hunter1300
Racer

Hunter1300 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Did you see some the stats further down!

55% are apparently in senior management positions
and something like 60% earn mroe than 45k per years!
Doesnt surprise me whan you walk round a bit historic meeting paddock, I reckon if you put that figure at 100k you will stillg et about 40%
Hey come on boyz not everyone attending the shows or infact racing modern or histerics is on 45k or more...
There are people that are on for 'arguments' sake on little more than half that amount. these people just have to work a little harder on there cars and things take a little longer to get where we/they need or want.....

Its taking 5 years to restore my original Group 2 NSU instead of 5 months like the guys with big money would have done, its been a long journey and at times has been VERY hard but we go there....Just!!!

For me doesnt matter if im 'playing' with guys with Big budgets who 'happen to have a spare car in the truck just in case' (see oulton gold cup JD Classics) I made some good friends and when I had issues with the car I was inundated with friendly helper wanting to lend a hand with even the series organiser on the hurt for 'that size oring' lol

We will be attending the show my partner an I might even put the NSU in the auction to fund the next restoration...... another GRP 2 car!
Attached Thumbnails
DSC00662.JPG   Body shop visit 007.edit.jpg   Body shop visit 002.edit.jpg  

Picture.jpg   Screen_Full Size JPG 60% 72ppi_HSCC_Oulton2012_1D3 Raw_ONED0504.jpg   1973 JSM Number 2 AlcañÃ*z (finishes 2º) - 4 of 4.jpg  

Old 5 Nov 2012, 14:06 (Ref:3162890)   #7
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Well I dont take that 45k plus out of my business and do all my own work even engines and transmissions. If I had to pay someone to do then I simply wouldnt be able to compete. I occassionally beat some of the big spenders and get an a bit odf of satisfaction from that and I really dont give a toss who spends what and who has got what, most of the guys I have raced with whatever their status in life seem to be a good bunch and we all share a common interest however we do it. Look at it another way, its not all good news having very deep pockets, if i won the Euro lottory and commissioned a hugely expensive car it would improve my ability behind the wheel, sure I would go faster but what if I still couldnt get to the front???
Old 5 Nov 2012, 16:40 (Ref:3162955)   #8
midgetman
Veteran

Averages, Al, averages. I bet those who earn mega money are far too busy to be found on these august boards.....

....all those figures do is drive the type of product and marketing that people like me do. They don't say that *everyone* is well orf. And I'm not saying all my customers come from that demographic, just that a lot do.
Old 5 Nov 2012, 17:26 (Ref:3162967)   #9
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Anyways, how did we get onto this subject?..................

Looking forward to RR- what's the theme / feature and is it earlier than usual? (or are memory cells failing)
Old 6 Nov 2012, 11:36 (Ref:3163317)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's around the same date, I just took the opportunity to put it on the calendar.
Old 6 Nov 2012, 17:40 (Ref:3163447)   #11
midgetman
Veteran

Team Lotus and Alpine are this year's chosen marques.
Old 6 Nov 2012, 17:52 (Ref:3163453)   #12
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Team Lotus and Alpine are this year's chosen marques.
Cheers Max. Eventually dawned on me that may be on their website! Hope they get a good selection of Alpines.
Old 8 Nov 2012, 18:39 (Ref:3164172)   #13
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mike, I take it that you are definitely going?
Old 8 Nov 2012, 19:24 (Ref:3164186)   #14
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves View Post
Mike, I take it that you are definitely going?
Yup. It is a 'must do' nowadays. See you there?
Old 9 Nov 2012, 14:09 (Ref:3164532)   #15
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've always tried to fit this in one day, which means early start, late finish and rushing around when I get there so this year I'm going to award myself the luxury of a stop over. Is there a day in mind for the tenths tea party?
Old 9 Nov 2012, 18:11 (Ref:3164616)   #16
midgetman
Veteran

Friday is quieter and more refined.
Old 9 Nov 2012, 18:20 (Ref:3164623)   #17
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Friday is quieter and more refined.
So that won't be the day for the 10-Tenths tea party, then?
Old 7 Feb 2013, 11:23 (Ref:3200628)   #18
midgetman
Veteran

OK guys, it's nearly upon us! Who have I got to find cakes for?

We're in Hall 3 - "The Outer Darkness" - so please pop by and wake me up! On Friday I shall be on my own so maybe you'll be kind enough to ply me with coffee/beer/grid girls as I shan't be able to leave the stand.

Oh, and I suppose I'd better do the "work" bit - anyone need any racewear? (It's not a pre-requisite of saying "hi"!)
Old 7 Feb 2013, 14:41 (Ref:3200748)   #19
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
OK guys, it's nearly upon us! Who have I got to find cakes for?

We're in Hall 3 - "The Outer Darkness" - so please pop by and wake me up! On Friday I shall be on my own so maybe you'll be kind enough to ply me with coffee/beer/grid girls as I shan't be able to leave the stand.

Oh, and I suppose I'd better do the "work" bit - anyone need any racewear? (It's not a pre-requisite of saying "hi"!)
I,ll be there on Friday and shall make an early visit to you as i need some new replacement gloves. (non slip, FIA, and not covered in manufacturer logos please).

Looking forward to seeing you again, and i certainly will not say no to a cake please.
Old 7 Feb 2013, 15:07 (Ref:3200759)   #20
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt917 View Post
I,ll be there on Friday and shall make an early visit to you as i need some new replacement gloves. (non slip, FIA, and not covered in manufacturer logos please).

Looking forward to seeing you again, and i certainly will not say no to a cake please.
Non slip and FIA are easy enough...not covered in logos is harder these days. We'll see what we can do.
Old 7 Feb 2013, 15:50 (Ref:3200779)   #21
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there on the Friday spending a bit of time on the HSCC stand, Max. I only need a pair of race socks unless you have any HANS devices at a reasonable price.
Old 7 Feb 2013, 17:26 (Ref:3200812)   #22
midgetman
Veteran

I don't do HANS devices because *I* cant get a cheap price! But socksies we can do I've just arranged the cakes with Mrs MM
Old 7 Feb 2013, 18:57 (Ref:3200842)   #23
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there either Saturday or Sunday and probably do need new racewear. I know what I want in my mind but I havn't seen anything available 'off the shelf', certainly not what my wallet will allow anyway.
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 7 Feb 2013, 21:22 (Ref:3200893)   #24
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Taken the Friday off work, might even run up Thursday and stay over somewhere local, I loathe the M25 in the morning. Or stay over Friday night, I loathe the M25 in the evening.
Old 7 Feb 2013, 21:34 (Ref:3200909)   #25
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I might go Saturday, I have the srgtc dinner in the evening so could make A day of it.