Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 18 Feb 2013, 22:22 (Ref:3206923)   #51
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Can we have a quick show of hands as to who's going on Saturday?

I was going on Friday but something important's come up so Sat it is!
Old 19 Feb 2013, 09:27 (Ref:3207125)   #52
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I will be there of course, at my usual pitch in The Outer Darkness. I've a feeling the 360MRC gang are planning on having a stand too.

BTW Mrs MM informs that that this year it's home made biscuits, not cakes.
Old 19 Feb 2013, 10:33 (Ref:3207172)   #53
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post

What !!! No Cakes.

Best be some Bourbon, Custard Cream and Cookies then.

See you Friday.
Old 19 Feb 2013, 10:49 (Ref:3207183)   #54
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I will be there of course, at my usual pitch in The Outer Darkness. I've a feeling the 360MRC gang are planning on having a stand too.

You are dead right, we will be on stand E 50 as per the norm and in hall two as per the norm....though if im honest its all been thrown into turmoil as I have broken my arm through a fall and am waiting for Colchester fracture unit to tell me the outcome...I really do not want it in plaster as it makes driving a tad...........IMPOSSIBLE!!!

but the show must go on and WE ARE THERE...with EXCITING NEWS!!!!!!!

ta

Claire the one armed race organisor
Old 19 Feb 2013, 11:15 (Ref:3207203)   #55
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post

but the show must go on and WE ARE THERE...with EXCITING NEWS!!!!!!!

Claire the one armed race organisor

What.

YOU HAVE GOT CAKES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 19 Feb 2013, 11:46 (Ref:3207227)   #56
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt917 View Post
What !!! No Cakes.

Best be some Bourbon, Custard Cream and Cookies then.

See you Friday.
Maybe some home made CCs, definitely chocolate-dipped oat cakes (deliberate ploy of hers, as I don't like them!!!)

Hope the arm OK Claire, looking forwards to your EXCITING NEWS!!!!!!!!!
Old 19 Feb 2013, 12:07 (Ref:3207247)   #57
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Good luck with your arm, Claire. I slipped on the ice other week but only thing broke was my phone. Arm would have been cheaper!

I'm not going to make RR, sadly. Impending trip after weekend to 'the land of the female Nascar driver' means can do without distractions. Biggest disappointment sounds like missing out on the chocolate-dipped biscuits...

Old 19 Feb 2013, 12:16 (Ref:3207258)   #58
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a wimp! I'm going to RR on Friday then off to LaLa land on Saturday. You youngsters!
Old 19 Feb 2013, 12:21 (Ref:3207266)   #59
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
What a wimp! I'm going to RR on Friday then off to LaLa land on Saturday. You youngsters!
truth is am trying to control calorie intake before trip as probably not easy when there! Need to keep off the chocolate-dipped oatcakes.......

Old 19 Feb 2013, 13:58 (Ref:3207321)   #60
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Uncle Eric and I will be there on Saturday then on to the SRGTC dinner dance as it's only 25 miles away.
Old 19 Feb 2013, 16:01 (Ref:3207367)   #61
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Can we have a quick show of hands as to who's going on Saturday?

I was going on Friday but something important's come up so Sat it is!
Me me me me.
Old 19 Feb 2013, 17:25 (Ref:3207396)   #62
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I'm going on the Saturday, can't go in week. I'm staying over Sunday night.
Old 19 Feb 2013, 18:00 (Ref:3207410)   #63
HornetV8
Rookie

United Kingdom
Bare, but born and bred in Birmingham
HornetV8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saturday for me too, can't wait for it, kick start to the year
Old 20 Feb 2013, 12:47 (Ref:3207887)   #64
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Will be there Friday
Old 20 Feb 2013, 14:38 (Ref:3207934)   #65
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Midgetman are you going to be offering complimentary coffees for any Tenthers that visit your stand again?

If so then we should all meet there, but perhaps not all at the same time or there might be a coffee/sugar/milk crisis!!
Old 20 Feb 2013, 15:37 (Ref:3207962)   #66
midgetman
Veteran

Not coffee, but I have home made chocolate drizzle oatcake biscuits for the customers and all the home made custard creams for me - at least I *think* that's what Mrs MM said. Or was it "don't you dare eat all the custard creams"?????

I think the 360 Mob are the ones for coffee. I know Tenthers are a better breed, but most of my non-10ths friends would only spill scalding hot liquid over expensive racing overalls so I don't risk it
Old 20 Feb 2013, 15:51 (Ref:3207967)   #67
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
We will have choccie Biscuits and some refreshments for those from TT who say Hi

For those who enter the six hour we will have champagne!!!

Mind you as per my earlier post...I may need a helping hand tomorrow setting up ....Wonder Woman?...no One Armed Woman more like!
Old 20 Feb 2013, 19:19 (Ref:3208043)   #68
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am not going, but one of my cars is.

The ex Betty Haig HRG 1500 will be displayed on the HSCC stand.
Betty Haig had her own subtly modified body built for the car.
More windscreen rake and rounded wings in place of the usual square riggers

She used the car in the 1950 Alpine Rally, the Maloja Hillclimb and later raced it at Goodwood.

Betty Haig is a founder member of the HSCC and I thought it would be of interest

Rudolf

Last edited by Rudernst; 20 Feb 2013 at 19:29.
Old 21 Feb 2013, 09:18 (Ref:3208396)   #69
Mike_B
Rookie

United Kingdom
Northants/Bucks
Mike_B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Allo Mike Broadbent from Racelogic here. We'll be exhibiting at RR for the first time this year, very much looking forward to it.

Nigel Greensall, who I'm sure many of you know, will be on our stand for the whole three days so come and say hi. If you already use our kit and want to get some tips from Nigel bring some video and data with you, he'll be happy to help.

See you at Stoneleigh!
Old 21 Feb 2013, 09:31 (Ref:3208405)   #70
midgetman
Veteran

Where are you Mike? I'll wander by on Saturday or Sunday when I've got some support crew to mind the shop while I'm away.
Old 21 Feb 2013, 10:26 (Ref:3208435)   #71
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post
I am not going, but one of my cars is.

The ex Betty Haig HRG 1500 will be displayed on the HSCC stand.
Betty Haig had her own subtly modified body built for the car.
More windscreen rake and rounded wings in place of the usual square riggers

She used the car in the 1950 Alpine Rally, the Maloja Hillclimb and later raced it at Goodwood.

Betty Haig is a founder member of the HSCC and I thought it would be of interest

Rudolf
Didn't she also compete against Bluebell-Gibb's in the other HRG? I dont have the race programs to hand but both cars seemed to be racing everywhere in period.
Old 21 Feb 2013, 10:45 (Ref:3208456)   #72
Mike_B
Rookie

United Kingdom
Northants/Bucks
Mike_B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Where are you Mike? I'll wander by on Saturday or Sunday when I've got some support crew to mind the shop while I'm away.
We're on stand E45, Hall 2. The main 'Speed Street' I think it's called
Old 21 Feb 2013, 11:48 (Ref:3208499)   #73
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_B View Post
We're on stand E45, Hall 2. The main 'Speed Street' I think it's called
We're in the Outer Darkness of Hall 3, delightfully close to the Fire Engine Bar and the Ace Cafe - but surrounded by motorbikes! We must meet up during the 3 days, but that's always easier said than done isn't it? So many times I've exhibited at events and never got to natter to friends.
Old 21 Feb 2013, 16:32 (Ref:3208632)   #74
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
Quote:
So many times I've exhibited at events and never got to natter to friends.
Worry not Max, i,ll talk to you.

Hope you have some period looking race gloves with minimum of branding labels stuck on them.

See you tomorrow, Friday.
Old 21 Feb 2013, 16:39 (Ref:3208636)   #75
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking like I'll be going on Sunday with the great unwashed Hope the biscuits last till then?
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang