Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 22 Jul 2016, 16:22 (Ref:3660167)   #26
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
It looks close up front. Who knows how the weather will turn out, but imo there are no favorites right now.
Old 22 Jul 2016, 19:28 (Ref:3660199)   #27
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Toyota might still be running less downforce than the other LMP1 factory teams. #5 Toyota went 312kmh though the speed trap this morning in FP1
Well, #8 did 320 on FP2

Unlike LM, where the VAGs underperformed(which made Toyota's effort look better, imho), it seems that the cars would almost repeat the 2015 times, this year, if it wasn't for the slower chicane.

They were 3s slower today, compared to last year, and the LMP2s and GTs indicates that the different layout impact is around 2-3s(cars also changed in these other categories, although less)

Let's see if Toyota can keep up here, but it will be quite harder as the sprint packs of the VAGs almost cancells the -10MJ, again unlike LM where they were way off.

It still seems like a wet QLF and dry race, so tomorrow results might mean nothing at all for the race.
Old 22 Jul 2016, 20:32 (Ref:3660214)   #28
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Ideal laps from FP2 would have both Audis in the 1:40.6 bracket while the fastest Porsche time (both ideal and actual) was a 1:40.9.

Also, Porsche are way down on top speed and it seems to not hurt their overall lap times, but it's not really helping them that much, either, especially sectors 1&2.
Old 23 Jul 2016, 00:31 (Ref:3660239)   #29
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
The Fords are doing pretty well at Lime Rock, so it can't all be down to low drag.
Old 23 Jul 2016, 07:30 (Ref:3660279)   #30
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Understandable that FP3 has been delayed, the fog is bad
Old 23 Jul 2016, 07:58 (Ref:3660285)   #31
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
The Fords are doing pretty well at Lime Rock, so it can't all be down to low drag.
No need to push until next June.
Old 23 Jul 2016, 12:16 (Ref:3660309)   #32
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
GTE qualifying on now, session declared wet.
Old 23 Jul 2016, 12:55 (Ref:3660323)   #33
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Toyota made completely the wrong call on tires for the start.
Old 23 Jul 2016, 13:10 (Ref:3660330)   #34
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Audi back on form so far, #7 from #8.

Only makes the whole debacle with the LM-spec R18 that much more puzzling.
Old 23 Jul 2016, 13:12 (Ref:3660332)   #35
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Toyota going from almost winning Le Mans to being absolutely nowhere again.

I guess the power-cap at Le Mans helped them as it hurt the other two more.
Old 23 Jul 2016, 13:13 (Ref:3660334)   #36
Artur
Veteran

Which tires did everyone pick?

The track was dry, but probably green and Audi confortably beaten it's rivals. Best laps from each marquee:
Audi 1.38.7
Porsche 1.39.3
Toyota 1.40.5

Tomorrow Audis are gonna cruise to the win, bar reliability issues.

Well, LM was the last say Porsche and Toyota had at WEC this year
Old 23 Jul 2016, 13:21 (Ref:3660339)   #37
Toyotats03OUS
Veteran

United States
U.S.A
Toyotats03OUS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur View Post
Which tires did everyone pick?

The track was dry, but probably green and Audi confortably beaten it's rivals. Best laps from each marquee:
Audi 1.38.7
Porsche 1.39.3
Toyota 1.40.5

Tomorrow Audis are gonna cruise to the win, bar reliability issues.

Well, LM was the last say Porsche and Toyota had at WEC this year
Qualy doesn't meant anything ..Porsche has been dominating on qualifying and I have not seen them cruise no where ..! Lol

Toyota in the other hand has been slacking on qualifying all year and they have been challenging for wins ..

Anyways .. Good to see Audi back on track
Old 23 Jul 2016, 13:31 (Ref:3660343)   #38
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's a shame Strakka didn't run with a driver line-up of Kane/Watts/Williamson.
That would be a really competitive combination, capable of challenging for a P2 victory.

I know Leventis is the money man, but they can't put a proper assault together as long as he's circulating 3 to 4 seconds per lap off the pace.....he'll loose more or less a lap with every stint he does.

At least Ed Brown runs two cars, which gives the team a podium shot.
Old 23 Jul 2016, 14:02 (Ref:3660349)   #39
Artur
Veteran

#1 on Audi's speed, on ideal laps, but the Toyotas are still 0.5s behind.

We'll see how that turns out in the race, which seems that will be on dry. Average of the cars' top speeds on their best 2 laps:
#1 287
#2 289
#5 294
#6 290
#7 298
#8 305
Old 23 Jul 2016, 14:33 (Ref:3660360)   #40
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Every endurance race ever has been decided on qualifying pace. No point watching tomorrow, we know for a cast iron fact that it will be Audi, Audi, Porsche, Porsche, Toyota, Toyota.
Old 23 Jul 2016, 15:11 (Ref:3660372)   #41
cokata
Veteran

cokata should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Despite the sub-optimal weather the P1s were quicker this year in S1 and S2 which are unchanged. This just shows that the reduction of power is really exposed at Le Mans, and also explains how in 2014 and 2015 Audi were doing so much better at Le Mans than at the other WEC rounds. Le Mans puts a huge premium on engine horsepower.
Old 23 Jul 2016, 15:13 (Ref:3660375)   #42
Toyotats03OUS
Veteran

United States
U.S.A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Every endurance race ever has been decided on qualifying pace. No point watching tomorrow, we know for a cast iron fact that it will be Audi, Audi, Porsche, Porsche, Toyota, Toyota.
Just like Le Mans was decided ...Porsche, porsche , Audi, audi and Toyota, toyota !! Lolololol .. I think it going to be a battle between the big three
Old 23 Jul 2016, 17:20 (Ref:3660389)   #43
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Toyota chose intermediates at first, then put in their second drivers. The first had to go back out again. By then the rain returned. Spa qualifying had Toyota with a gap to the front but by the pit stops they were out front. I think the race should be way closer.
Old 23 Jul 2016, 23:19 (Ref:3660482)   #44
Artur
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cokata View Post
Despite the sub-optimal weather the P1s were quicker this year in S1 and S2 which are unchanged. This just shows that the reduction of power is really exposed at Le Mans, and also explains how in 2014 and 2015 Audi were doing so much better at Le Mans than at the other WEC rounds. Le Mans puts a huge premium on engine horsepower.
Audi's pace was even more dominant on Silverstone and Spa 2015.

I made a stupid mistake. Toyota was not 0.5s slower on ideal laps, but 1.5s !!!

Unless Toyota has some different compound that will be better on the race, they will be, once again, back to no man's land. It would be a pity because a 3-way fight would be way better than just VAGs having a go at each other again

But, going by Porsche's PR, they might have choosen a harder compound for double stinting, so we'll have to wait to see....
Old 24 Jul 2016, 01:17 (Ref:3660496)   #45
Toyotats03OUS
Veteran

United States
U.S.A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur View Post
Audi's pace was even more dominant on Silverstone and Spa 2015.

I made a stupid mistake. Toyota was not 0.5s slower on ideal laps, but 1.5s !!!

Unless Toyota has some different compound that will be better on the race, they will be, once again, back to no man's land. It would be a pity because a 3-way fight would be way better than just VAGs having a go at each other again

But, going by Porsche's PR, they might have choosen a harder compound for double stinting, so we'll have to wait to see....
"No man's land" like Audi was at Le Mans !!!??
I don't think so !.. I think Toyota is going to have a strong race pace .
How do I figure , you ask ? Well just like in spa and Le man Toyota slack on quali pace and showed up strong on race day !

And just like you brag about Audi dominating at spa and Le Mans (that never happened) I'll like to think that you will be wrong yet again!!..
By the way where were you during the entire course of the 24 hours of le man ? I didn't see a single comment from you during the entire race .
If I remember correctly you also predicted Toyota to be no where in the mix ...
Old 24 Jul 2016, 02:34 (Ref:3660500)   #46
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyotats03OUS View Post
By the way where were you during the entire course of the 24 hours of le man ? I didn't see a single comment from you during the entire race .
Since when is a previous virtual presence required to make a comment?
Old 24 Jul 2016, 02:42 (Ref:3660501)   #47
Artur
Veteran

Quote:
How do I figure , you ask ? Well just like in spa and Le man Toyota slack on quali pace and showed up strong on race day !
Better hope it won't be "just like in" Silverstone
Quote:
And just like you brag about Audi dominating at spa and Le Mans (that never happened) I'll like to think that you will be wrong yet again!!..
Sure, Audi never dominated I really do hope that I'm wrong about Toyota, though

I only posted for the first 3 hours because that's only what I watched(and I praised Toyota then)
Old 24 Jul 2016, 03:07 (Ref:3660508)   #48
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
Toyota was two seconds off the fastest lap of the weekend after qualifying at Spa and lead for 90 laps.

LMP1 is not Formula 1.
Old 24 Jul 2016, 03:29 (Ref:3660511)   #49
Hiro
Racer

Hiro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Toyota drivers comments are still positive although Buemi admits their downforce is not enough for the track. Race in Nurburgring may not be like Sliverstone.
Old 24 Jul 2016, 05:09 (Ref:3660526)   #50
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephaeton View Post
Streaming link update: It seems that eurosport.de is offering a free live stream of the event, albeit seemingly geoblocked to germany. So if you're craving for german commentary, there's your second option besides being trackside in person. Oh, and the rest of the FIA WEC season will be streamed free on eurosport as well.
Did anyone check this during qualifying?

This is pretty confusing because on the other hand that page just links to a promo link of Eurosport Player (paid), but then has this link:

http://video.eurosport.de/wec/video-live.shtml

which right now shows the looping placeholder video/ad.