Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 25 Jul 2011, 23:21 (Ref:2931131)   #251
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I am a rabid sports car fan. I had no idea Mosport was this weekend. F-you internet broadcast package.
Mosport is awesome and you are a tool for missing it. Only way I can keep up is to check the hot topics here at about twice a week. DVR is still new to me, but the Friday "look" over does usually help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
But about that, I watched the stream and thought the quality was pretty good. Then I saw the race in HD on ESPN2, and I realized the stream quality isn't that good.
The online stream is dreadful when you compare the two; sound and video quality...watched both on the same tv/stereo and it's night and day. Then, if you are as lucky as I, there was an massive area internet outage with less than 15 minutes to go. You'll get yours Charter.

Quote:
I'm usually in the same boat as you regarding DVR'ing things and getting to them later. That was how I often saw the ALMS last season too. I have been making it a priority to watching these streams live this season, and I am constantly getting questioned by my better half every race this year as to why I can't record the race. when I explain it is often followed by a rolling of the eyes!
mine has stopped with the eye rolling; that's when the trouble begins. My "problem" doesn't just stop with the ALMS either...
Old 25 Jul 2011, 23:31 (Ref:2931132)   #252
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm usually in the same boat as you regarding DVR'ing things and getting to them later. That was how I often saw the ALMS last season too. I have been making it a priority to watching these streams live this season, and I am constantly getting questioned by my better half every race this year as to why I can't record the race. when I explain it is often followed by a rolling of the eyes!
There isn't really a need to record the ALMS races now for time-shifting purposes as you can always just go to ESPN3.com at any time and watch the archived version of the stream in full. The ALMS website has a full archive as well, although that does not go online until after ESPN2/ABC has shown the race highlights.

I watched bits and pieces of the ESPN3 archive at work today and the quality was quite good, although the quality is dependent on your Internet connection.
Old 26 Jul 2011, 00:47 (Ref:2931146)   #253
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
There isn't really a need to record the ALMS races now for time-shifting purposes as you can always just go to ESPN3.com at any time and watch the archived version of the stream in full. The ALMS website has a full archive as well, although that does not go online until after ESPN2/ABC has shown the race highlights.

I watched bits and pieces of the ESPN3 archive at work today and the quality was quite good, although the quality is dependent on your Internet connection.
I agree the quality is good, but it fails in comparison to the HD.
Old 26 Jul 2011, 01:06 (Ref:2931151)   #254
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Mosport is one of those tracks that you need to visit at least once, and you need to do a track walk at the end of the day to truly appreciate it. Yes, you can get on the track and walk around, ride your bike, your skateboard (if you dare) etc.... You can never really understand Mosport until you've walked around it.
Old 26 Jul 2011, 04:07 (Ref:2931169)   #255
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
The stream has worked fine for me. I can't see well enough for the HD to really matter to me anyway.
Old 26 Jul 2011, 13:37 (Ref:2931340)   #256
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
The ESPN2 race highlights (same day tape delay in the case of Mosport) should have come up on your program guide if nothing else.
Negative, not on my Comcast box. I have to check all of the ambiguous "Auto Racing" categories as well because that is where the V8s and FIA GT hide. I just assumed, until you posted this, that the highlights were next weekend. Oh well. Mid Ohio is the weekend after next, right?
Old 26 Jul 2011, 14:28 (Ref:2931358)   #257
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Negative, not on my Comcast box. I have to check all of the ambiguous "Auto Racing" categories as well because that is where the V8s and FIA GT hide. I just assumed, until you posted this, that the highlights were next weekend. Oh well. Mid Ohio is the weekend after next, right?
Ill be watching it from americalemanseries.com as soon as it's available cuz i had missed it last weekend (very busy helping my old-daughter moving to a new house, oh hell)...
Old 26 Jul 2011, 15:26 (Ref:2931382)   #258
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
The Mosport race is already in the ALMS site archive. Maybe the link on the homepage still isn't active. I just clicked on the link for qualifying for the heck of it. That took me to the video library page, and the race was there.
Old 27 Jul 2011, 13:28 (Ref:2931764)   #259
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
The Mosport race is already in the ALMS site archive. Maybe the link on the homepage still isn't active. I just clicked on the link for qualifying for the heck of it. That took me to the video library page, and the race was there.
oh thxs for the info...
Old 28 Jul 2011, 15:30 (Ref:2932141)   #260
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I got so ****ed off with saturday's (yet another) stream fiasco that I just watched the ESPN2 highlights... fairly good package I must say. Apart from Johnny O's few orgasms and zero-mention of reasons behind the first caution it was an entertaining hour and a half.

Oh yeah, and what a great feeling to be winning again!
Old 28 Jul 2011, 16:33 (Ref:2932169)   #261
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I got so ****ed off with saturday's (yet another) stream fiasco that I just watched the ESPN2 highlights... fairly good package I must say. Apart from Johnny O's few orgasms and zero-mention of reasons behind the first caution it was an entertaining hour and a half.

Oh yeah, and what a great feeling to be winning again!
there are 2 streaming available from alms page... one of them could fit well for u...

I always use that slow conection to watch the race... cuz in fast conections there are lots of lag...
Old 28 Jul 2011, 16:38 (Ref:2932172)   #262
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasdriv87 View Post
there are 2 streaming available from alms page... onde of them could fit well for u...

I always use that slow conection to watch the race... cuz fast conecctions there are lots of lag...
I'm not talking about the smoothness and vid quality itself (althou I have complains about that too), but the other problems they seem to have every weekend; like black static screen for the first 30 minutes of the session, crappy sound etc... just can't be bothered most of the time
Old 29 Jul 2011, 15:05 (Ref:2932750)   #263
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They do have problems in quali, but in fairness, Sebring was the last time anything failed during the race.