Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 14 May 2011, 07:37 (Ref:2880135)   #26
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dont forget that BJR were Holden supported in the old Auscar days when Brad dominated the class
Old 14 May 2011, 12:04 (Ref:2880217)   #27
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Thanks for the comments Forda. Or is it Dick, or Stephen or Glenn? Either way, the chips on both shoulders must seriously be weighing you down. Chillax dude!
Well, I'm absolutely flattered you would hold me in such high esteem as DJ himself, or Junior or Glenn.

The fact is, though, I'm merely a motor-racing fan; and somebody who believes in justice and rights. i.e. A fair go; and credit where credit is due.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
If you read Here, Mr Kim Jones is reported in this article to suggest that the "sky is the limit" in terms of the BJR team's potential. So this is where the thread title emerged from. Hope that's ok with you.
If you had read what I had said, I was all for BJR's success. Said good on them; and meant it.

Quote:
Two posts saying the same thing. The stylus on the record player may need an adjustment methinks.
My logic is sound; and 1x or 2x of the facts being mentioned is irrelevant.

Quote:
DJR has also sourced vehicles from different manufacturers in order to participate and compete. A couple of white Zakspeed Mustangs seemed to show up at Bathurst in 1984, while some Rouse/Ford Motorsport Europe bits and pieces landed here to get the Sierra program under way... while somehow in the late 00's, some bits, and later entire chassis rocked up from 888's house of proprietary technology to confirm for all and sundry that perhaps the DJR way isnt the only way.
If DJR pooled resources from here, there, and everywhere; then so what? No different than any other team. Like Holden teams procuring Ford 9" diffs for their Crummydores. Heck, even 888 procured human resources from DJR!

Quote:
That a car has the same blue oval on the front does not necessarily mean it comes from the same manufacturer. But in what seems to be a myopic DJR-apologist style ramble, the facts dont seem to get in the way of what is increasingly becoming a very tired story.
My opinion is as valid as the next man's; and if it weren't for my thoughts, this forum would be very lop-sided, to say the least.

You are quick to start a thread about BJR's 'the sky's the limit' quote; but are at the same time reluctant to post a thread about DJR's historic 7th championship win.

What gives?
Old 14 May 2011, 12:50 (Ref:2880230)   #28
Malfunction Junction
Racer

Malfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMalfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BJR have certainly kept BOC tied into their operation for many years.

Somebody must be happy!

Good to see some variety in the winning teams, and a thought on BJR taking WP for spares - I reckon they're taking on WP's ability to build spares quick enough for them......
Old 23 May 2011, 09:03 (Ref:2884297)   #29
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gotta be happier now. Appears the sky is the limit!
Old 23 May 2011, 09:16 (Ref:2884306)   #30
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna05 View Post
Gotta be happier now. Appears the sky is the limit!
On the broadcast yesterday, Mr B.Jones suggested that Mr Bright said the team could win 6 races in 2011... Two down, 4 to go??
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 23 May 2011, 12:30 (Ref:2884430)   #31
krypto71
Racer

krypto71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still plenty of good chances for more race wins to come. I'm liking the prospects of tassie and the gold coast, and BJR always go well at the mountain.
Old 23 May 2011, 23:44 (Ref:2884836)   #32
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
On the broadcast yesterday, Mr B.Jones suggested that Mr Bright said the team could win 6 races in 2011... Two down, 4 to go??
i thought he said Bright had mentioned 2, but BJ wanted Bathurst, so they needed at least 3 (Barbagallo, Winton, Bathurst) for the year now?
Old 24 May 2011, 02:13 (Ref:2884883)   #33
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
i thought he said Bright had mentioned 2, but BJ wanted Bathurst, so they needed at least 3 (Barbagallo, Winton, Bathurst) for the year now?
Here from 12:25
Old 25 May 2011, 09:18 (Ref:2885614)   #34
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Mr Jones on RPM