Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 22 Apr 2013, 21:55 (Ref:3238134)   #51
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallycrossnl View Post
It would be great if the FIA o.k.'ed ERC drivers to take part in the challenge as well. But I don't think IMG will like that for obvious reasons. I don't know if they restricted it or not. Can't find anything about it till now.
This is something that has me and many others intrigued also!
Old 23 Apr 2013, 07:15 (Ref:3238244)   #52
rallycrossnl
Racer

Netherlands
rallycrossnl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
'Whilst this was going on there was some presentation going on with older rallycross stars, but knowing no Austrian that was rather lost on me.'

They celebrated 40 years of rallycross in Austria. There's a bit written about it here http://www.autosportnieuws.be/nieuws/279397/ and here of course http://www.rcchallenge.eu/circuits/circuit-melk-austria
Old 23 Apr 2013, 08:47 (Ref:3238284)   #53
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didnt go so wont possibly comment on the racing or the entrants, or the day, all I was commenting on was the lack of news from the event.

The live timing was hard to follow.
Old 26 Apr 2013, 11:48 (Ref:3239633)   #54
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr Holler makes a dubious lunge at Jurgen in the final
Another great video from HU
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=ZDNsWsPgV9c

Last edited by schanche; 26 Apr 2013 at 12:14.
Old 27 Apr 2013, 00:39 (Ref:3239835)   #55
The Eye
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
The Eye should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallycrossnl
It would be great if the FIA o.k.'ed ERC drivers to take part in the challenge as well. But I don't think IMG will like that for obvious reasons. I don't know if they restricted it or not. Can't find anything about it till now.

This is something that has me and many others intrigued also!

What?? Really??? Do you beleve that???
Old 27 Apr 2013, 00:43 (Ref:3239838)   #56
rallycrossnl
Racer

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eye View Post
Quote: What?? Really??? Do you beleve that???
Que?
Stay of the coffee before you post!
Old 28 Apr 2013, 16:03 (Ref:3240270)   #57
paul1982
Racer

paul1982 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who say that an ERX challenger can't start in the challenge??
If i'm right we will see Scheveneels in Essay?
Also Expect Jansen ( both more for the belgium championship but it is a challenge round!)

Straponkus started in Lydden ERX and also in Melk challenge.
So i think it is not a problem at all! (Same as you drive in national or GRC beside ERX.

Don't forget that the challenge was introduced after high entry fees and a maximum of Supercars in ERX IMG!
That IMG came back on this with lower entry fees and a open entry in all classes is no blame to the challenge.

Don't get me wrong. I prefer ERX because the real top drivers are there!
But i can't blame the challenge!
But still hope that we have one good ERC in 2014!!
Old 28 Apr 2013, 22:31 (Ref:3240358)   #58
rallycrossnl
Racer

Netherlands
Nobody said so.
I did not hear/read or sniff any word about it.
I did presume that while IMG is investing (other people's money) in the marketing of the ERCrxrx and the productplacement of the drivers as it were, there well could be a ruling that rxrx drivers weren't allowed to drive in other series. As I did write before, if you'd read it carefully you'd know, I didn't know.
Yeah, a challenge round also counting for a national championship would be difficult to attent if it weren't allowed. I didn't think about that.
Old 29 Apr 2013, 19:02 (Ref:3240698)   #59
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One cannot compare those drivers that signed a full contract with IMG with those that did not. However, why should IMG restrict drivers on doing just 9 events per year. Doran and Marklund do X Games and I bet if MDK wants to do Maasmechelen and Valkenswaard or Jeanney Essay and Kerlabo they will not be stopped.
Old 29 Apr 2013, 19:29 (Ref:3240713)   #60
rallycrossnl
Racer

Netherlands
Again, nobody said so.
repeat,
NOBODY DID STATE ANYTHING OF THE KIND.

Some of us just did wonder, me included.
And restricting fully signed up drivers could well be something IMG wanted to protect the marketvalue of rxrx within europa and something I would have expected to be in their contract. But indeed I did forget about Challenge rounds also counting for national rounds. Perhaps only those are allowed. WE DON'T KNOW!
(used uppercase so it stands out more, it seems some of us have trouble reading the lowercase letters)
Old 29 Apr 2013, 20:38 (Ref:3240755)   #61
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
What is your problem? I did not claim at all that anyone here claimed that there are restrictions. I just raised the question of why should IMG restrict its drivers. But maybe you have similar problems reading other peoples comments as you claim yourself...
Old 30 Apr 2013, 07:18 (Ref:3240889)   #62
PhergAthor
Racer

Belgium
Maasmechelen, Belgium
PhergAthor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But we DO KNOW: there are no restrictions whatsoever on entering RX events. Only remark is that racing non-FIA races is not allowed by the FIA.

By raising the question again and again, there are people who take this claim as truth, spreading false information as they go.
Old 2 May 2013, 00:47 (Ref:3241566)   #63
rallycrossnl
Racer

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhergAthor View Post
But we DO KNOW: there are no restrictions whatsoever on entering RX events. Only remark is that racing non-FIA races is not allowed by the FIA.

By raising the question again and again, there are people who take this claim as truth, spreading false information as they go.

Raising questions is the same as claiming? Right....

My problem? People not reading what is written. I gave a possible reason in my post. And nowhere in any of my posts is a 9 event restriction, that's an invention of your own.

FIA stated on 11.10.12 This will be the only FIA Rallycross Championship and has official sanction from the FIA, as well as support of the best drivers and teams in the world.
Read more at: http://www.rallycrossworld.com/2012/...unch-date-set/
So I did wonder. Yeah the challenge is FIA sanctioned as well, but that came after the signing of (most of) the drivers in the rxrx I presume.
And since in holland the ERC round for a long long time wasn't part of the dutch championship, I forgot about the multiple championship events.

Last edited by rallycrossnl; 2 May 2013 at 01:14.
Old 2 May 2013, 06:50 (Ref:3241605)   #64
PhergAthor
Racer

Belgium
Maasmechelen, Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallycrossnl View Post
My problem? People not reading what is written.
I have the same problem: your question has been bebunked time and time again on various fora, yet you keep asking the same question...
Old 2 May 2013, 08:53 (Ref:3241644)   #65
rallycrossnl
Racer

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhergAthor View Post
I have the same problem: your question has been bebunked time and time again on various fora, yet you keep asking the same question...
Various fora?
And where is my question precisely? See, questionmarks, indication that a question was asked.
Old 2 May 2013, 09:03 (Ref:3241646)   #66
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
"I just raised the question of why should IMG restrict its drivers."

Is it really difficult to understand that the above should read "thinking that IMG restricts its drivers is senseless"...
In all of the docs of IMG I have available I've never found a restriction concerning other series. This was just a homemade concern around Rallycross fans.
Old 2 May 2013, 09:10 (Ref:3241650)   #67
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It stems from the fact I feel that the people who didnt commit to the new RX series are regoinally bound, like Benelox and Poland Czech Hungary

They are all sort of together, so maybe people thought you couldnt do both.

I would imagibe though that most teams budget, and yu budget for what you can do and if yu get a bit more you may do some more rounds if you feel like.

Hardly worth getting in a tizzy over really when you consider the poor grids in both series
Old 2 May 2013, 09:33 (Ref:3241661)   #68
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Hardly worth getting in a tizzy over really when you consider the poor grids in both series
Agreed - I have a strange feeling of deja vu.....
Old 2 May 2013, 09:36 (Ref:3241662)   #69
rallycrossnl
Racer

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru View Post
"I just raised the question of why should IMG restrict its drivers."
So I did answer.
And I felt the answer was overlooked. Now I know why, it wasn't a question but a statement, saying 'you stupid boy/girl, don't you feel in the wind that there could well possibly be no reason to put up restrictions although you give a fairly reasonable one that I ignore'. Silly me.
Old 2 May 2013, 09:42 (Ref:3241664)   #70
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Please can we stop with the bickering now and just get back on with the topic, I haven't had to edit any posts in here for quite a long time and ideally I'd rather it stayed that way
Old 2 May 2013, 09:46 (Ref:3241665)   #71
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Mmmh! Sorry mate, but your comments here are all but easy to read and leaving me helpless many times.

And I did not mean you personally, but all of those who had a conspiracy "IMG vs Challenge" in their mind.
Old 2 May 2013, 11:51 (Ref:3241709)   #72
PhergAthor
Racer

Belgium
Maasmechelen, Belgium
I'm baffeled, first you write it wasn't a claim as you just raised the question, and a post later it's no longer a question as there is no question mark. I guess we would better discuss in dutch (other place and time ) as this is going nowhere.

I'm going to follow BertMk2s suggestion and leave it be.

I hope the rest of the RX community understands that there are no restrictions as the Guru and I have try to explain.
Old 2 May 2013, 13:12 (Ref:3241739)   #73
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
BTW, it would have really surprised me if IMG would have put up any restrictions for their by contract bound SuperCar drivers upon a series that "will not going to happen", according to last year's claims...

And yep, should be enough said on these homemade concerns now. I also pull my plug on this.