Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 29 Sep 2001, 12:58 (Ref:153243)   #1
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HRT whinging again

Heard from a 100% reliable source (official type person) that HRT have made a complaint about the new Gibson Motorsport Falcon. Apparently the seat is positioned to far back and some of the roll cage is not legal.

The thing is that it seems that HRT are the ones that are the first to complain about this type of thing.
Old 29 Sep 2001, 13:56 (Ref:153267)   #2
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's your point ? If it was the other way round and Gibson Motorsport were claiming a HRT car was illegal you'd be throwing all sorts of accusations at HRT saying well this explains everything or something like that.

Rules are rules and if the car is illegal better it gets sorted now before the big one come Sunday.

Nothing sux more than controversial Bathurst results that end up getting over turned...didn't that happen a couple of times in the late 80s ?
Old 29 Sep 2001, 14:06 (Ref:153272)   #3
Ray Bell
Veteran

Ray Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It certainly happened in the case of the Eggenberger cars... and look at that episode!

There were protests flying from before scrutineering, but nothing was done. They won the race, so then it was important to prevent any of the protests being proved true, thus the case draggen on and on... it was months before we knew Brock won that race!
Old 29 Sep 2001, 21:40 (Ref:153426)   #4
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HRT.......... who needs 'em ?

Looks like they are already worried and they have yet to even arrive at the track

Hopefully Skaife will lose it over the top of the mountain.
Old 29 Sep 2001, 21:46 (Ref:153437)   #5
tickfordchick
Racer

tickfordchick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

yep! what AJ said
Old 29 Sep 2001, 23:24 (Ref:153476)   #6
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Buckshot,
Im not having a go about the Gibson car being illegal, I dont care who it is that has an illeagal car, as long as it is fixed.

The person who told me this information told me that HRT are the instigators of most of the acusations that go on about legal/ illegal cars. He is sick of hearing from them, and most of the othe teams are as well.

BTW AJ, I agree with you as well
Old 29 Sep 2001, 23:25 (Ref:153479)   #7
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Do you honestly think Gibson would 'cheat' on something so obvious as a roll cage or seating position? It's a very clear cut thing and obvious thing...looking at the photos of it, it appears no different to any other car out there, but the seat doesn't have those head restraint 'loops.
Old 30 Sep 2001, 00:05 (Ref:153493)   #8
RALFANATOR
Racer

RALFANATOR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have no idea about the Gibson Falcon and its seating position as I haven't really seen the car except for a few snaps. But HRT are well where a law onto themself . I remember when TGD was driving for HRT in 96 and won everything mainly due to the fact that his HRT commodre was different to every car outthere in its roll bar design Cams even baned the petty bar setup and said no more cars to be build with one. BUT that car with TGD still competed with it so effectively there was three cars outthere and only one car won everything (funny that ) & MR BROCK was not allowed to have one and he was the lead driver.

But if any one will cry its always HRT & Mr greach oh! and LP
not a surprize really . I just don't know who is in who's pocket more HRT to Cams or Cams to HRT
Old 3 Oct 2001, 04:36 (Ref:155156)   #9
darren
Rookie

darren should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HRT whinging again

Of course HRT are whinging about the gibson falcon because they didnt think about the idea themselfs.Plus they are owened buy a pom, so poms are good at whinging