Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 Jan 2009, 01:03 (Ref:2364311)   #1
Redneck Rocket
Racer

Canada
Battersea, London
Redneck Rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRedneck Rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't want to open up a can of worms....

...regarding American V8's, eligibility etc. but as it's a '67 I figure I'm safe (dons flame-proof helmet). This is absolutely pot noodle:

http://www.race-cars.com/carsales/fo...15621224la.htm
http://www.race-cars.com/carsales/fo...15621224lb.htm
Old 3 Jan 2009, 09:14 (Ref:2364378)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Isn't that the forerunner to the Boss Mustang? Based on a Trans Am car.
Old 3 Jan 2009, 12:11 (Ref:2364451)   #3
Redneck Rocket
Racer

Canada
Battersea, London
Redneck Rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRedneck Rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you might be right about that one Peter. Looks like an absolute beast though!
Old 8 Jan 2009, 07:49 (Ref:2367437)   #4
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I lost my original reply but it only had links found via a quick google search anyway, but in short its not a TransAm car, it is a replica of the cars used in Nascar's GT category at the same time. 1967 TransAm Mustangs were still running the 289 not 302 - as were production versions - both changed to 302ci in 1968, the TransAm version was the infamous "tunnel port" motor. Also pre-1969 the fastback Mustang bodystyle was not allowed in TransAm.
Old 8 Jan 2009, 08:18 (Ref:2367443)   #5
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Its got Norris Industries steel rims by the look of it which would have been standard NASCAR stuff in period. I have them on my IROC project and they are very heavy.
Old 8 Jan 2009, 23:24 (Ref:2367976)   #6
Redneck Rocket
Racer

Canada
Battersea, London
Well, regardless of its specific nature I took one look at that thing and wet myself. When I was a kid growing up in Canada we always wanted a big, loud muscle car to go racing in, something you had to wrestle and tame and that car just looks the absolute business. The sort of car you could drive through the paddock blipping the throttle and watch crowds of people dive for cover. Made me feel like a kid all over again! Slightly ironic given that I drive a Spitfire though...
Old 8 Jan 2009, 23:52 (Ref:2367991)   #7
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck Rocket
crowds of people dive for cover. Made me feel like a kid all over again! Slightly ironic given that I drive a Spitfire though...
I would expect them to ! 27 litre v12 Merlin
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 9 Jan 2009, 08:57 (Ref:2368055)   #8
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck Rocket
Well, regardless of its specific nature I took one look at that thing and wet myself. When I was a kid growing up in Canada we always wanted a big, loud muscle car to go racing in, something you had to wrestle and tame and that car just looks the absolute business. The sort of car you could drive through the paddock blipping the throttle and watch crowds of people dive for cover.
Kinda of like I do each meeting when I take my chevies out I fire them up and you get a tingle down your spine, may not win much but they sure sound and look the part and i am always getting comments from spectators and competitors alike who say how great the cars are and spice up the championships I run in. I bet I get more people photographing the cars in the paddock than many of the mega buck stuff out there and the kids love the cars. You live in Canada if I can run two yank muscle cars from the UK I am sure you can put one together far easier, go on you know you want to get rid of that silly little Spitfire and by a 2nd Gen Camaro, a real good bang for the buck!
Old 9 Jan 2009, 09:20 (Ref:2368072)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Redneck races in the UK.
Old 9 Jan 2009, 12:44 (Ref:2368222)   #10
Redneck Rocket
Racer

Canada
Battersea, London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Redneck races in the UK.
Alas Al, I'm afraid this is (pretty much) true. I live in Battersea, have a 90% prepped Spitfire and a race license. Hopefully 2009 will be the year!
Old 9 Jan 2009, 13:46 (Ref:2368254)   #11
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Go for it and do what you can afford well done, glad you like the Redneck Machines anyhow!
Old 9 Jan 2009, 15:02 (Ref:2368284)   #12
Redneck Rocket
Racer

Canada
Battersea, London
How about this one? It's the car (well, vehicle anyway) that my forum name came from. I used to drive this around while I was at University - came in very handy for picking up work clearing rubbish and gardens, delivering loads of soil etc.

Mates and I got drunk one night whilst watching American Chopper and painted it. Got and angle grinder out, removed the boxes in the exhaust and dumped the pipes out the side! It's a Chevy Al so you'll like it, and with the 350 and a 4-Barrel Rochester....

http://www.ifyourmotheronlyknew.co.u...k/Flames_2_003
Old 9 Jan 2009, 19:41 (Ref:2368454)   #13
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I had a 6 cylinder one of those for a very short while, I took it in part ex for a G50 panel van and allowed the bloke about £500 quid and thought I had really done a wrong but a mate told me they were well sort after and I ended up getting about £1500 for it and the phone never stopped ringing and it wer'nt pretty either still in a nice shade of army green!