Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Closed Thread

Old 26 Sep 2014, 00:21 (Ref:3457697)   #8551
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Barely anyone gets FS2...

The race on FOX wasn't too bad, it didn't look so cut up. So they can get away with it a little bit.

But I'm not sure about P. LeMans. The editing will look obvious on TV. So the ratings will most likely not improve.
Old 26 Sep 2014, 00:47 (Ref:3457705)   #8552
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
The history of Fox in America is that they will pick a side and then find the stories to support their storyline and skew reality in whatever way is necessary to fit their storyline.

Kinda like Newscorp did in the UK. Perfect combination of France and Fox in the takeover of endurance racing in America.

Let me guess... a DP will win.

A P2 will get pole and fastest lap, but the rest of the story is already written.

A DP will win the Petit Le Mans and will be crowned world champion in America.
Old 26 Sep 2014, 03:36 (Ref:3457722)   #8553
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMotor View Post
be crowned world champion in America.
This would be icing on the cake!
Old 26 Sep 2014, 03:57 (Ref:3457726)   #8554
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMotor View Post
A DP will win the Petit Le Mans and will be crowned world champion in America.
And nobody would give a damn about it... No wonder baseball wasn't mainstream to some places!

Moving on, and while DPs will be the favorites to win in Petit Le Mans (for manipulative reasons), just hoping that IMSA won't screw this last race up!
Old 26 Sep 2014, 16:45 (Ref:3457874)   #8555
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
From Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Job
"I'm not a fan of GT3 as a concept; there's no technical rulebook; GT3-spec cars are things where manufacturers can build what they want and the series makes up the [Balance of Performance] to fit. The thing I don't like from a pure competition standpoint is your destiny is in the hands of the series. It's all about the BoP from the beginning, instead of it coming in at the end to make smaller adjustments. For me, that's just a conceptual problem.

"What happened to the days when you had a rulebook and the manufacturers built their best car to those rules. Now it's BoP'ing everything and it really came in with GT3. It seems like we can't stop that freight train."
While all of this is obviously true and I agree with it, I fail to see how what is said here doesn't already fully apply to current GTD...

Anyway in the article he says they'll likely continue in the series due to SCCA WC being sprint series and WEC is run too much outside NA. Other owners there as well, most interestingly Lindsey calling USCC officiliating lights years better than in World Challenge... ... ...
Old 26 Sep 2014, 16:59 (Ref:3457879)   #8556
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Bob Riebe User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Lots of cars were "prototypes" or more actually one-off or limited -run "specials"; whateevr motor stuffed into whatever modified or cobbled-together frame (Cad-Allard, Cobra, Jag-Lister, Chevy-Lister—the list is endless .... ) ---- In the day, prototype was far different from what you, probably correctly, call specials.
The FIA has strict rules for true prototypes which is why they had to have a spare tire and room for the official suit case etc .

Somewhere at the very end of the '50s (I forget which year than actual class was created) the reigning Euro sports car consortium recognized a class of purpose-built racing machines that were still both sports- (or GT) cars and also full-on racing cars. Jag D, Ferrari I think P-675 which begat the P2/P3/P4/512S/512M (Not using Google or notes here, just my porous and dishonest memory) leading to the Lola GT which begat the Ford GT-40 in its three or so variations, while Porsche built the RSK, then the 904, 907, 910, 908 .... Not dishonest just, not right and mostly wrong.
In 1962, the World Sports Car Championship was for replaced with the
International Championship for manufacturers of GT cars till 1965.

On a whole types of cars were rated in Groups of 1-9, if I remember correctly, though groups and group classification changed a lot over the years.

Over simplifying -- but here is the/a Appendix J classification that made prototypes, prototypes and not simply sports racers.
http://argent.fia.com/web/fia-public...1965%20ENG.pdf
Appendix J rules forced manufacturers to put I spare tires and a spot for a suit case.

Groups 2 to 5 GTs were what SCCA & IMSA sedan/gt classes were loosly based on.

There was no distinction between "GT" and "prototype" in races then—these were simply classes in multi-class races (Le Mans had about as many as the Nürburgring races have now, or more.) -- That is not simply wrong, but horrendously wrong.

In the sports car mainstream, there was never a thought of dividing "prototypes" from other classes because they were still all just different classes. Once Ford and Ferrari (and Porsche) hit the class hard, there was no way to win overall in a sports car race without a hyper-advanced pure-racing prototype. -- Get book a read some history.
Your story here is sounding too much like Moby Dick.

So at least part of the answer to why we see mixed grids would be, because it had always been done that way. -- Wow, you are actually correct on that one.
``
Old 26 Sep 2014, 17:20 (Ref:3457887)   #8557
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Seriously making sense of these quote lines is getting harder and harder. All in the same big cloud with responses in colored text... or in next paragraph in normal text (so which is yours again...), bits cut out, all weirdly aligned.

Last edited by Deleted; 26 Sep 2014 at 17:28.
Old 26 Sep 2014, 17:59 (Ref:3457899)   #8558
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr. Reibe, I am not an expert---I don't claim to be. Maybe instead of just telling me I am wrong and stupid and need to learn ... perhaps You could actually think of someone besides yourself and your ego, and PROVIDE INFORMATION FOR THE POSTERS HERE.

After all, people asked, and we are all trying to help one another--except yuo, who are trying to belittle and one-up people.

If you know better, tell it better. Otherwise you are just being kind of a whatever you wish to think of.
Old 26 Sep 2014, 20:16 (Ref:3457933)   #8559
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
You've put your profile pic in the wrong place Chiana!
Old 26 Sep 2014, 21:49 (Ref:3457958)   #8560
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
You've put your profile pic in the wrong place Chiana!
Nah that person is way too calm and collected to represent Chiana me thinks
Old 27 Sep 2014, 22:30 (Ref:3458207)   #8561
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Quote:
Mr. Reibe, I am not an expert---I don't claim to be. Maybe instead of just telling me I am wrong and stupid and need to learn ... perhaps You could actually think of someone besides yourself and your ego, and PROVIDE INFORMATION FOR THE POSTERS HERE.

After all, people asked, and we are all trying to help one another--except yuo, who are trying to belittle and one-up people.

If you know better, tell it better. Otherwise you are just being kind of a whatever you wish to think of.
These sentences are the reason I was as sarcastic as I was:
"It is way too early and I have things to do so I can't Google all this—it is quite possible that this entire post is a lie composed of falsehoods. My apologies in advance. " <-This is a quote from Maelochs.

If you do not know any more that the person asking the question, do not start making things up.
Old 27 Sep 2014, 22:33 (Ref:3458208)   #8562
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post

Seriously making sense of these quote lines is getting harder and harder. All in the same big cloud with responses in colored text... or in next paragraph in normal text (so which is yours again...), bits cut out, all weirdly aligned.
I do apologize for failing to differentiate by color my one response to Maelochs.
Old 28 Sep 2014, 13:35 (Ref:3458333)   #8563
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Come on everybody let's right this ship. People disagree and that's fine, don't get hung up on how we are disagreeing. We haven't had any problems with this thread for weeks, let's try and keep it that way.
Old 28 Sep 2014, 13:40 (Ref:3458337)   #8564
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Awwww, shucks. I was working myself up for a really abusive, expletive-laden post so I could get a short ban--so I wouldn't be distracted by TenTenths while I was down in Braselburg.

Now I have to use willpower. What a loss.

So ... Which DP will win at Petit?
Old 28 Sep 2014, 13:47 (Ref:3458340)   #8565
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Awwww, shucks. I was working myself up for a really abusive, expletive-laden post so I could get a short ban--so I wouldn't be distracted by TenTenths while I was down in Braselburg.

Now I have to use willpower. What a loss.

So ... Which DP will win at Petit?
Now that's taking the high road! Which DP will win at Petit?
Check out the Petit discussion thread for the answer.
Old 29 Sep 2014, 14:30 (Ref:3458591)   #8566
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What is it about this thread that makes people talk out their behinds and ignore the rules? I had to delete almost two full pages.....

Temporarily closed.
Closed Thread