Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 26 Sep 2016, 02:13 (Ref:3675180)   #201
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
And now, we dance. Although they have scaled back from the old multi-story dance club, dieselgate cuts must be made to their dance budget.

That might be enough, but need a trailer of tonic to go with.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHZR9SA5pOg

Tonic and tequila? How about limes and salt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Or one guy from Baton Rouge
One that is reeling from Les news?
Old 26 Sep 2016, 02:29 (Ref:3675181)   #202
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post

Tonic and lime patron, damn good stuff.
Old 26 Sep 2016, 02:31 (Ref:3675182)   #203
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHZR9SA5pOg

Don't bring the lime and salt near me, the wounds are fresh..
Old 26 Sep 2016, 14:23 (Ref:3675270)   #204
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Can someone bring cornhole bags? I forgot to order new ones.
Old 26 Sep 2016, 14:26 (Ref:3675273)   #205
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Can someone bring cornhole bags? I forgot to order new ones.
Mine are already laid out with the gear in the garage.

Few more things to take care of at the office and then my vacation starts and the truck gets loaded tonight except for the coolers. Hopefully by this time tomorrow, trackside and relaxing.
Old 26 Sep 2016, 14:44 (Ref:3675278)   #206
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Mine are already laid out with the gear in the garage.

Few more things to take care of at the office and then my vacation starts and the truck gets loaded tonight except for the coolers. Hopefully by this time tomorrow, trackside and relaxing.
I have to put the camper down tonight as I ran out of light yesterday and buy food tonight. Since we have folks coming in later, I'm packing everything in the truck tomorrow night including ice so I should be there mid-morning Wednesday. I know what you're thinking, but I am way ahead of where I normally am.
Old 26 Sep 2016, 14:57 (Ref:3675279)   #207
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
No worries, anytime before dark works. Although I have done the Apache up in the dark thing, and you yell and curse much less than my dad so I'm good. And up after dark is always easier than down in the rain.
Old 26 Sep 2016, 15:08 (Ref:3675283)   #208
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I should be there by 6ish Wednesday evening depending on traffic, haircuts, food stops, etc.

I expect y'all will have my tent spot cleared of stones and swept clean for me.
Old 26 Sep 2016, 15:41 (Ref:3675291)   #209
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
No worries, anytime before dark works. Although I have done the Apache up in the dark thing, and you yell and curse much less than my dad so I'm good. And up after dark is always easier than down in the rain.
Less?

Quote:
Yes and it will be flat, too.
Old 26 Sep 2016, 17:23 (Ref:3675314)   #210
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Yup, my tent spot will be clear of stones and debris. Conveniently there's this nice small space by my tent to pile it all in.
Old 26 Sep 2016, 17:36 (Ref:3675316)   #211
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Yup, my tent spot will be clear of stones and debris. Conveniently there's this nice small space by my tent to pile it all in.
Some photos from last year:

https://goo.gl/photos/gZmXuupYJR5tVoa86

https://goo.gl/photos/PzbR341XdvGzKzVS6

I was happy with the level of stones and debris last year in this setup.
Old 26 Sep 2016, 17:48 (Ref:3675317)   #212
rjoconnell
Racer

United States
CT, USA
rjoconnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh man, a friend of mine who's not really that much into racing bought a ticket for me and them to go on Saturday.

This is my first endurance race and I dunno how to best use my time! ; A ;
Old 26 Sep 2016, 18:01 (Ref:3675320)   #213
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:

Someone doesn't look to happy in that first pic and I was feeling the same way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjoconnell View Post
Oh man, a friend of mine who's not really that much into racing bought a ticket for me and them to go on Saturday.

This is my first endurance race and I dunno how to best use my time! ; A ;
Bring walking shoes and anything you don't mind getting a little dirty. Hit the paddock at least once and try to get to each viewing section at least once. Paddock the morning of race day is neat!

If you've been to Road ATL before, you should know where the viewing areas are and how to get there. There's a tram that goes around the circuit, you may be able to drive and park in spots but otherwise, get around!

Track Map:
http://www.roadatlanta.com/track-info/track-map

Viewing areas:
T1 by the fence
work your way thru T2-4 and all the way to the top of the esses.
T5 (kinda hard to get too)
Spectator Hill
T6/7 - you can get really close in 6 - good photog area
Back straight at the crossover bridge (T8)
T9 inside or out
10 a/b seating area.
At the Bridge looking down to T12
Front stretch is neat but it's a long way from anywhere and you can't see a whole bunch - fun to watch pitstops during the race)
EDIT: we like to watch the start from the hill infield side over looking main paddock / front stretch / T1. usually right in front of zee Audi "tent".

I've come down with a case of Idontwannaworkitus

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 26 Sep 2016 at 18:24.
Old 26 Sep 2016, 21:16 (Ref:3675374)   #214
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are we in the clear yet?

Old 26 Sep 2016, 21:19 (Ref:3675375)   #215
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
Quote:

I'm so confident with the weather being dry that I am NOT going to get any straw bails.
Old 26 Sep 2016, 21:25 (Ref:3675376)   #216
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
Quote:

I've come down with a case of Idontwannaworkitus

Say it again!
I'm heading to the track at the crack-a-dawn on Wednesday.
I'm already checked out at work. Not too sure how useful I'll be tomorrow.
Old 26 Sep 2016, 21:30 (Ref:3675377)   #217
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypinthemix View Post
I'm so confident with the weather being dry that I am NOT going to get any straw bails.
Must not be a baseball fan, I don't want to poke that superstition. Might stop on the way up tomorrow, especially with a line of rain possible but cool weather behind it. Prob should actually get a water truck instead to keep the dust down.
Old 26 Sep 2016, 21:39 (Ref:3675381)   #218
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
Quote:
Must not be a baseball fan, I don't want to poke that superstition. Might stop on the way up tomorrow, especially with a line of rain possible but cool weather behind it. Prob should actually get a water truck instead to keep the dust down.
I am a Baseball fan. I'm originally from Detroit. Nothing works for us in the way of rituals... Trust me on that one.
Old 26 Sep 2016, 21:39 (Ref:3675382)   #219
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Say it again!
I'm heading to the track at the crack-a-dawn on Wednesday.
I'm already checked out at work. Not too sure how useful I'll be tomorrow.
That's why they all at the office know I work half day this Monday and off the rest of the week. And the half day was done before noon with no desire to work at all.

Truck is all loaded, just need to add my food and ice and I'm on the road tomorrow. Just hoping they got the usual fencing up to block the trackside parking. Otherwise we might have to have some trackside canopies and kitchen.
Old 26 Sep 2016, 21:42 (Ref:3675383)   #220
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
Quote:
That's why they all at the office know I work half day this Monday and off the rest of the week. And the half day was done before noon with no desire to work at all.

Truck is all loaded, just need to add my food and ice and I'm on the road tomorrow. Just hoping they got the usual fencing up to block the trackside parking. Otherwise we might have to have some trackside canopies and kitchen.
Once y'all get setup, post a pic of the campsite and let me know your location. I'll stop by and drink an adult beverage with y'all. You can do same at our site too.
Old 26 Sep 2016, 21:42 (Ref:3675384)   #221
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
I am a Baseball fan. I'm originally from Detroit. Nothing works for us in the way of rituals... Trust me on that one.
BoSox fan, and they definitely did not work for years. But never stopped us stubborn fools and finally worked, but that poor 03 visor bore the brunt of the pain in the fire after that ******* Boone's homerun.
Old 26 Sep 2016, 22:07 (Ref:3675387)   #222
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
I've been told I look angry all the time, but I'm really only angry half of the time. The other half I'm asleep.
Old 27 Sep 2016, 01:42 (Ref:3675423)   #223
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I've been told I look angry all the time, but I'm really only angry half of the time. The other half I'm asleep.
I believe half of this.

Quote:

I haven't started packing yet. I'll bring my canopy.
Old 27 Sep 2016, 01:47 (Ref:3675424)   #224
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
I believe half of this.

I haven't started packing yet. I'll bring my canopy.
So I'll need to refill the zip ties and then we can stand in the speckled shade of the 1000s of holes?

I have a slant leg canopy for the fence as well. Yeah, that bright yellow thing in the sky sucks and I'm tired out working out in it all day so bringing lots of shade.
Old 27 Sep 2016, 01:56 (Ref:3675427)   #225
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
So I'll need to refill the zip ties and then we can stand in the speckled shade of the 1000s of holes?

I have a slant leg canopy for the fence as well. Yeah, that bright yellow thing in the sky sucks and I'm tired out working out in it all day so bringing lots of shade.
I got the zip ties and duct tape. You think someone could bring a canvas from the half dozen canopies that no longer have frame. Otherwise, we could get a "patterned tan".