Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 2 Aug 2009, 10:25 (Ref:2513810)   #1
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CSCC - Silverstone 1 Aug 09

A tough day yesterday, with very tricky conditions. Some very, very full grids so it was a shame that the weather wasn't better. A lot of cars had spins in several of the races and I retired about half way through the Sports Vs Saloon challenge race at the end of the day as I decided that the visibility was too bad (not helped by a steaming up windscreen!) for me to see the lights of the hoard of Locaterfield's in front to me through the spray, and I had also aquaplaned a couple of times on the back straight.

I know that it was poor weather but does anyone have any photos of the White Toyota Carina (#48) in the Tin Tops race. It was the cars debut in my hands. Thanks, Andy
Old 2 Aug 2009, 19:59 (Ref:2514137)   #2
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Despite the weather conditions, you guys certainly put on a good show. Speaking to many of my colleagues afterwards, everyone seemed to enjoy the day. Thanks to you all, from the ''orange brigade''.
Old 2 Aug 2009, 21:21 (Ref:2514192)   #3
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A decidedly soggy meeting but great fun nonetheless. Thanks to the "orangebrigade" who must all have got trench foot after all that rain.
Old 3 Aug 2009, 07:52 (Ref:2514384)   #4
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Some pics would be great!
Old 3 Aug 2009, 08:33 (Ref:2514399)   #5
PenelopePitstop
Racer

European Union
PenelopePitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The conditions made for some very interesting viewing from the Saftey Car on the inside of Copse, there seemed to be a lot of work going on in some of the cockpits. Looked like fun though.
Old 3 Aug 2009, 09:00 (Ref:2514414)   #6
richard crossley
Rookie

richard crossley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was out with the jags on Saturday and spun it 3 times in qualifying, twice in the same place!
Expected a summons from CofC but probably too many miscreants to choose from.

Race was better with 4 of us close together, although any attempts at passing on the corners would have probably resulted in us all going off.

Very enjoyable day nonetheless and thanks to all at CSCC, JEC and of course the Marshalls who must have been sodden all day.
Old 3 Aug 2009, 09:12 (Ref:2514422)   #7
LAK
Racer

LAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What a difficult day Saturday was weather wise however Jason, I and my co-driver Graham had a great day all in all. Jason in particular deserves credit - he only got 4 laps in during practice for Swinging Sixties due to a misfire in the Grittith. He solved that with the help of Geoff Parkinson and Neil and started on the grid in 36th place. After a steady start, great consistent laps in very slippery conditions, a good pit stop and out again plugging in those laps he came an incredible 14th overall and 3rd in class beaten in class only by the 1st and 2nd overall cars. He made up 22 positions in conditions that really don't favour a 350 bhp RWD car and was perhaps one of the few cars that didn't have a spin in the race!

It was a great race to watch with the leaders very close until Luke in the Corvette spun. However that doesn't take away the victory from the Falcon boys for their first overall victory - truly deserved.

Graham and I started a lowly 35th in Future Classics in the Beta but after a steady start Graham rocked by quite a few cars and put in some cracking laps. A super fast pit stop (timed at 24 secs) and off I went to try and catch a few more cars. The rain got heavier with rivers down the back straight but we came home safely and with no real dramas and were over the moon to see we'd got up to 19th place and 2nd in class - a few more laps and who knows if I'd have been able to catch the class leader.

So a successful day for us and to top it all it stopped raining allowing a decent drive home in the Beta.

I have to commend all the Swinging Sixties, Future Classics and Magnificant 7s drivers - there were a fair amount of spins but the driving was safe, clean and very sensible with no safety cars in two 40 minute races - amazing given the conditions. I'm sure the same can be said of the Tin Tops race however I didn't get to watch that.

Also, a massive thanks to all the marshalls and officials - I did feel for you as I tried to wave to you all on the warm down lap. Lastly thanks to the CSCC for putting on a cracking meeting which had full grids and lots of fun. Can't wait for the Nurburgring now in the Beta!
Old 4 Aug 2009, 08:07 (Ref:2515227)   #8
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are some photos of the meeting on the Gallery section of the Monoposto web site here: http://www.monoposto.co.uk/

Mainly Monopostos (funnily enough!) - the photographers brother races in Mono 2000 - but also some of the support races, mainly Swinging Sixties and Future Classics.
Old 4 Aug 2009, 08:34 (Ref:2515238)   #9
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was there covering the Monoposto series for Track and Race Car magazine.

However, I did get some shots of sessions preceding a Monoposto session and these are at www.racingexposure.com/mono2009/r8
Old 5 Aug 2009, 12:14 (Ref:2516093)   #10
JasagRacer
Rookie

England
Woodford Halse & Duquesa, Southern Spain
JasagRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CSCC 1st August

I was there spannering for Steve Furness in his 205 in the Tin-Top's race.
Having raced there in Monoposto and in DMN in the past, I know how tricky it can be in the wet. All the drivers did well to generally stay out of the scenery.

The marshals deserved saint-hood for staying out in that rain.
I took loads of piccies of the CSCC Tin-Tops practice and race.

If anyone wants copies, e-mail me on chris@flatoutfarr.co.uk with your car no and type, e.g. white Integra.......

Thought the endurance format was good value for money. Wish I could still race.........................