Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Jul 2013, 16:31 (Ref:3274933)   #26
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I thought it was Britney?
Just remembered this picture reading your post

Old 7 Jul 2013, 18:18 (Ref:3274968)   #27
Catingaround
Racer

United States
Connecticut
Catingaround should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsTrecu View Post

that is a nice pic of Nico
Old 7 Jul 2013, 19:14 (Ref:3274994)   #28
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsTrecu View Post

Lool,
Old 7 Jul 2013, 19:15 (Ref:3274995)   #29
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Their ''success' might be somewhat short lived, after this weekend's qualifying and race results.
Old 8 Jul 2013, 02:11 (Ref:3275165)   #30
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Like a rollercoaster...
Old 8 Jul 2013, 09:46 (Ref:3275302)   #31
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Simple. One man. Nikki Lauda.

He's made a big call early on in his appointment, that I believe, made the biggest difference. Heck, if I had one, I too would perform better at work.

http://grandprix247.com/2013/03/17/l...rive-mercedes/
Old 8 Jul 2013, 14:08 (Ref:3275397)   #32
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post

He's made a big call early on in his appointment, that I believe, made the biggest difference. Heck, if I had one, I too would perform better at work.

Old 8 Jul 2013, 14:33 (Ref:3275406)   #33
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmm...Hammy not happy with new tires....are the Mercs back to where they were?
Old 9 Jul 2013, 02:12 (Ref:3275690)   #34
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post

Okay.......... It's all cool, well most of it..Is it something about your part of the world I wonder..
Old 9 Jul 2013, 08:19 (Ref:3275754)   #35
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It seems like their 'success' was based on tyre switching once that was banned well we saw what happened in Germany.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/108668
Old 9 Jul 2013, 13:00 (Ref:3275883)   #36
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
It seems like their 'success' was based on tyre switching once that was banned well we saw what happened in Germany.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/108668
Uhn... so that's all about it !
Old 9 Jul 2013, 15:26 (Ref:3275940)   #37
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think Ross is being a bit coy...

Lewis said that tyre swapping has been going on as long as he’s been in F1 which obviously leads me to suspect Merc & others did it in 2012 as well, therefore I find it hard to believe the lack of it is so much to blame for Merc’s Germany woes. Coincidentally it only seems to have become be the advertised secret to their success since the debacles at Silverstone & Germany. The poor results at the Nürburgring was obviously due to many factors but I suspect the unexpected emergency Kevlar tyres which most likely were completely different from what was run in the “secret” test had more to do with it than anything.

I also wonder HOW Mercedes was running their tyres in that test; were they swapping, were they under/over inflating, were they banging kerbs? If so, here was another opportunity for Pirelli to give them a heads up over potential consequences. If they ran their tyres exactly as specified by Pirelli and an advantage was gained as so many suspect, why did they continue the swapping, etc. at Silverstone? What was the construction of the test tyres, closer to what was run at Silverstone or closer to what was run in Germany?

Unfortunately, there are still a lot of unanswered questions regarding that tyre test and how it may or may not have aided Mercedes recent success. If it all goes downhill from here for them because of the new rules and the 2012 spec tyre, I’ll continue credit Pirelli & the test for their recent (or possibly past) success.

I’ll also expect a new round of whinging from at least one of the Merc boys.
Old 31 Jul 2013, 12:05 (Ref:3284197)   #38
luke g28
Racer

luke g28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridluke g28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like Mercedes have finally got on top of their tyre issues, the secret test is an irrelevance now really as all of the other teams have had one.

Out of interest ive compared rosbergs performance this season with last season. I think this is the best we can do to compare this years Mercedes with last years.

Rosbergs stats after the first 10 rounds
Average finishing position of 7.7
76 points
Average Qualifying position of 7.1

Average finishing position of 6.75
84 points
Average Qualifying position of 4

Which indicates that the 2013 Merc is slightly quicker over a single lap (or that Mclaren have dropped out of the top spots?) and its race pace is broadly similar to last year (in rosbergs hands). FYI DNFs have been excluded from average finishing position.

As I said last season, if Hamilton had not been driving the 2012 Mclaren, nobody would have said that Mclaren had the fastest car. Is there an element of this for the 2013 Mercedes?

To demonstrate my above statement:

Buttons stats after the first 10 rounds
Average finishing position of 9.6
68 points
Average Qualifying position of 7.6

That seems to show that the Mclaren was slightly worse than the mercedes for the first 10 races of 2012....