Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Aug 2013, 19:52 (Ref:3288966)   #1
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Williams to sign new driver for 2014?

Well, according to this Autosport article - http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109245, Williams F1 look like they'll sign a new driver soon. The article seems to suggest that Williams are trying to mould a new young driver academy.

So who are they going to sign? And who would you sign in their position?

- Sorry for the misleading title!

Last edited by Biscuits In A Red Bull; 12 Aug 2013 at 19:55. Reason: It's wrong lol
Old 12 Aug 2013, 21:41 (Ref:3289012)   #2
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Juncadella is the obvious candidate really. Although possibly a young Russian given the Russian Time link - Martsenko maybe?
Old 12 Aug 2013, 21:47 (Ref:3289013)   #3
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Given the Russian Time link, Sam Bird would be nice (I can't see him progressing much more at Mercedes).
Old 12 Aug 2013, 23:52 (Ref:3289052)   #4
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
Well, according to this Autosport article - http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109245, Williams F1 look like they'll sign a new driver soon. The article seems to suggest that Williams are trying to mould a new young driver academy.

So who are they going to sign? And who would you sign in their position?

- Sorry for the misleading title!
I looked up this article earlier because I though Williams had signed a new talent but it was just a piece of fluff about intent.
They may have someone in mind but essentially nothing has happened....
Old 13 Aug 2013, 05:26 (Ref:3289105)   #5
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Who's Mercedes powering next season? Some of the backmarkers? Maybe Sam Bird will be next in line for whoever that is. I do think he's one of the more likely Gp2 candidates to make the step up soon, he's been in Gp2 3 seasons now, and WSR for a season. Much longer and he might as start looking elsewhere as he's getting older.
Old 13 Aug 2013, 06:51 (Ref:3289122)   #6
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
Who's Mercedes powering next season? Some of the backmarkers? Maybe Sam Bird will be next in line for whoever that is. I do think he's one of the more likely Gp2 candidates to make the step up soon, he's been in Gp2 3 seasons now, and WSR for a season. Much longer and he might as start looking elsewhere as he's getting older.
Sam Bird's story is very similar to Jules Bianchi. He'd be a good signing, and Frank Williams would probably approve of starting what could be another glittering career for a Brit.
Old 13 Aug 2013, 08:32 (Ref:3289153)   #7
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
How to "moneterise" more than two drivers for F1 seats?

Start a racing school with a view to an F1 seat and rip off many more than once!
Old 13 Aug 2013, 09:45 (Ref:3289189)   #8
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
lotus are professionals at that, and caterham are learning from them quickly

seriously though, it's fairly obvious williams do have a space for a proper apprentice talent in the bottas/hulkenberg mould. alongside that they could easily nurture a wallet to help pay the bills when maldonado starts to get ideas above his station and wants a faster car. they're going to do well to find someone with quite that kind of money though.
Old 13 Aug 2013, 16:40 (Ref:3289335)   #9
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
they're going to do well to find someone with quite that kind of money though.
That is true, but if Mr Rich Driver In Question has enough ambition to go to Williams and/or Williams can tempt a young driver with lots of backing into this new academy, then it shouldn't be too hard.

Does Felix Rosenqvist have a link to an F1 team? Or Felipe Nasr? I know Nasr gave RBR's Young Driver programme the finger a couple of years ago.
Old 13 Aug 2013, 17:31 (Ref:3289356)   #10
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Does Felix Rosenqvist have a link to an F1 team? Or Felipe Nasr?
Neither do, as far as I'm aware.
Old 14 Aug 2013, 12:14 (Ref:3289670)   #11
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Marcus666 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
That is true, but if Mr Rich Driver In Question has enough ambition to go to Williams and/or Williams can tempt a young driver with lots of backing into this new academy, then it shouldn't be too hard.

Does Felix Rosenqvist have a link to an F1 team? Or Felipe Nasr? I know Nasr gave RBR's Young Driver programme the finger a couple of years ago.
I am very surprised that Felix Rosenqvist gets mentioned here, especially by an englishman. I thought only Swedes were caring for him. I believe he is better than Marcus Ericsson!
Old 14 Aug 2013, 12:44 (Ref:3289687)   #12
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Felix Rosenqvist is linked with Mercedes. Can't say I know the details but from what I've gathered, DTM is a likely place for him to end up.

Personally I think he's good enough for Formula 1 though.