Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you give it?
10 1 1.64%
9 0 0%
8 4 6.56%
7 6 9.84%
6 14 22.95%
5 12 19.67%
4 9 14.75%
3 7 11.48%
2 4 6.56%
1 4 6.56%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25 Aug 2013, 13:32 (Ref:3293726)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the race - Belgian Grand Prix

What score do you give it?
Old 25 Aug 2013, 13:34 (Ref:3293727)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
3. Very dull indeed. Nodding dog for extensive periods. No competition when one car is so superior.
Old 25 Aug 2013, 13:54 (Ref:3293736)   #3
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
It gets a point for simply being Spa, but then another one knocked off for all the tarmac run off they have plastered everywhere. Race was largely dull. Some interesting racing further down the field, but no race for the lead.
Old 25 Aug 2013, 13:55 (Ref:3293737)   #4
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Always handy to read this but first

I know not to watch it now especially as like GP title is already decided
Old 25 Aug 2013, 14:02 (Ref:3293741)   #5
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Qualifying was fantastic but the race...... Bernie and CVC should be paying me to watch it.....
Old 25 Aug 2013, 14:40 (Ref:3293754)   #6
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The race featured some good midfield battles which were promptly ended/ruined by Pastor Maldonado. From Button upwards nothing seemed to happen beyond lap 10.
Old 25 Aug 2013, 15:05 (Ref:3293763)   #7
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A pity, usually Spa give us great races, not this one. 4.
Old 25 Aug 2013, 15:10 (Ref:3293765)   #8
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
Nice to know it isn't just me , then. I actually thought Maldonado's penalty a bit harsh, he was bounced off one car into another. That's really something, coming from me( he's overrated IMO).

I spent much of the race perusing other websites to keep me awake. But it's Spa, you've got to watch if you love racing - even the modern short course is twice the circuit that Tilke could build.
Old 25 Aug 2013, 15:24 (Ref:3293769)   #9
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was one of the generous ones. It kept me amused, so I gave it 6.

I disagree re Maldonado penalty. He battled it out with Gutierrez even though he knew he was pitting. This got him trapped on the wrong side of a group of cars. Having bounced off of Sutil he just aimed for the pitlane regardless of who else was coming. Not the Maldonado of old (thankfully) but pretty stupid and dangerous.

I also agree with Checo's penalty. Such a silly unnecessary bit of crowding. I'm sure he'll sort out his brain, given time.
Old 25 Aug 2013, 16:14 (Ref:3293782)   #10
AngusJ
Rookie

United States
Texas
AngusJ has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
yawn
Old 25 Aug 2013, 16:33 (Ref:3293787)   #11
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That was a pretty dull affair, being Spa I was really hoping for a good race but no. 2.
Old 25 Aug 2013, 16:38 (Ref:3293788)   #12
big andy
Veteran

United Kingdom
doncaster
big andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbig andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
dull racing by pr controlled drivers bring back eddie irvine !!!
Old 25 Aug 2013, 16:55 (Ref:3293793)   #13
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I was only in bed for a couple hours and then dragged myself up to watch the race, and not once did I find myself trying to fall back asleep. I'm not sure how it's rating so poorly. I know it's Spa, so expectations are probably pretty high, but falling short of amazing shouldn't automatically qualify it as dull. Sure, it might be dull relative to some previous Spa races, but I didnt feel it was more dull than most other races. I don't have any data or statistics on hand, but it felt to me that there was a fair amount of challenge to positions, at least in the first half, with the exception of the lead which saw no further contest after lap one.
Old 25 Aug 2013, 16:56 (Ref:3293794)   #14
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Was very generous with a 3 very disappointing race
Old 25 Aug 2013, 17:01 (Ref:3293795)   #15
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
4 plus an extra point because it's Spa . Great and unexpected speed from Seb, I was hoping for a closer battle and then was hoping for rain . Disagree with Checo's penalty , yes he may have squeezed Romain a little too much on the approach , but going into the corner Checo was nowhere near him. Romain reminded me of a footballer diving to get a penalty .
Old 25 Aug 2013, 17:27 (Ref:3293802)   #16
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
4. A bit of magic carpet argy bargy now and again but hardly inspirational. Good performance from Alonso.

And I keep asking myself who the heck is Cheko?
Old 25 Aug 2013, 17:45 (Ref:3293805)   #17
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Boring as hell. 4.

DRS passes really soured me, too.

Selby
Old 25 Aug 2013, 19:17 (Ref:3293832)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I just love the variety in these 'rate it' threads and I was probably motivated just ever so slightly from having watched footage of the 1955 race before I watched this. But 8? 8????
Old 25 Aug 2013, 19:58 (Ref:3293857)   #19
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I gave it a 6. I was disappointed that there was no rain! A shame that there was no battle for the lead. There were however, some fights lower down the field. Alonso and Kimi provided some good action. Not classic Spa action, but I've seen worse.
Old 25 Aug 2013, 20:21 (Ref:3293862)   #20
alan1302
Racer

England
Doncaster, UK
alan1302 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Think I must have put a different GP on as I right enjoyed it and stayed awake and alert from start to finish - 8
Old 25 Aug 2013, 20:29 (Ref:3293864)   #21
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I gave it 5 for that midfield action Kimi earned about 2 of those.

As races at Spa goes it was pretty poor but we need a few duds so the good ones feel better.
Old 25 Aug 2013, 21:36 (Ref:3293874)   #22
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
I think Spa's always been overrated. It's just a racetrack (I personally like Zolder better) where you don't have to brake. Very boring ~ a first class Vettel race from start to finish...

I'll give it a generous 3.
Old 25 Aug 2013, 21:38 (Ref:3293876)   #23
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not as good as Donington.
Old 25 Aug 2013, 22:15 (Ref:3293892)   #24
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
I think Spa's always been overrated. It's just a racetrack (I personally like Zolder better) where you don't have to brake. Very boring ~ a first class Vettel race from start to finish...

I'll give it a generous 3.
Did you see Kimi's brakes ?
Old 25 Aug 2013, 22:21 (Ref:3293894)   #25
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lets face it der Seb. and RBR are just in a class of their own as a combination.
Other than his domination though the race was one we would have classed as a classic a few years back in terms of passing and mid field action
Gave it a 7