Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 Oct 2003, 04:24 (Ref:744765)   #1
Patrick B
Racer

Canada
Canada
Patrick B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Riley & Scott sell first DPs.

http://www.autoweek.com

(16:08 Oct. 08, 2003)
Ganassi may run Grand-Am Daytona Prototypes

Rumor has Chip Ganassi Racing entering a pair of Daytona Prototypes in next year’s Grand-American Road Racing Championship.
Word is that Ganassi has two of Riley & Scott’s new MkXI chassis and will run Toyota V8s. The cars will debut in the Daytona 24 hour on Jan. 31-Feb. 1 next year and will contest the full France-family-run Grand-Am series. Ganassi hasn’t confirmed the deal. R&S officials will only say it has sold its first cars to a “well-known” team.

http://www.rileyscott.com/Racing/MkXISpecs.html
Old 9 Oct 2003, 06:11 (Ref:744801)   #2
GTsports
Rookie

GTsports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, assuming that it is Ganassi then the G/A series should just shut down now. There will be complete domination and it will drive away the other teams.

This is just more proof that these DPs are a bad idea and that they are doomed to failure.

Some might say that there is Audi domination in the ALMS, but that is different as these same Audi R8s run at the LM 24 Hours. I guess that makes it OK.

The news about the four year old LMP2 Lolas coming to the ALMS is far more interesting than this NASCAR propoganda.
These attractive cars will be driven next year by amateurs who know that their place is in the secondary ALMS LMP2 -or- "jam car" class that allows fans the thrill of seeing the last couple of professionally driven LMP1 cars that are left blast by them several times in each event.

The ALMS is real sportscar racing and G/A is not. I don't care if Ganassi,Job, Buckler and Milner were all to show up there next year, I would follow womens soccer again before I will watch the G/A races.

GT

OK-if the ALMS goes away I might watch G/A after all.
FIA GT is #1
Old 9 Oct 2003, 08:04 (Ref:744864)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've heard about blokes who watch womens soccer........
Old 9 Oct 2003, 09:44 (Ref:744956)   #4
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Kurt, thanks for posting for me. Woman's soccer huh? At least there is something nice to look at.
Old 9 Oct 2003, 09:46 (Ref:744958)   #5
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you like leather.
Old 9 Oct 2003, 13:33 (Ref:745241)   #6
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
I didn't know that Austrian Woman Soccer Player's dressed in leather. I'm getting more and more interested in this sport.
Old 9 Oct 2003, 13:40 (Ref:745252)   #7
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Guess it depends on whether or not you're a "Leg Man....."

But back to the subject of the thread....

I'm happy for Riley & Scott that they have sold a couple of their DPs (they apparently have been supplying "Riley Rocker" suspension parts for a number of Grand Am teams all season), but I also would think that a well-funded "well-known" team would have the money to test, refine and find the little extras that will give them a major advantage in what I feel is a specs series....and the difference between the "haves" and the "have nots" will be very apparent next year when they compete....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 9 Oct 2003, 13:44 (Ref:745256)   #8
almzkid
Rookie

almzkid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Maxsport/Durham/Gt Sports whatever if you are so smart and whitty with your sarcastic inane humour why don't you stop switching identities and anty up and go by one name..to keep switching shows fear and a lack of fortitude..if you are right then we can give credit to one person not multiple persona's but if you are wrong you can just blame it on your multiple personalities....SCARY
Old 14 Oct 2003, 22:53 (Ref:751490)   #9
Patrick B
Racer

Canada
Canada
Patrick B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is from one of R&S's engineer's on the GA forum

PiSigma Oct-14-03, 08:59 AM (EST)

"RE: Chip Gannasi on Wind Tunnel tonight."

The cars (yes two) will be Riley & Scott Toyotas. As far as I've heard they will run the entire season. I've heard nothing on drivers.
Old 20 Oct 2003, 21:54 (Ref:757523)   #10
Chevyguy
Racer

Chevyguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yo, GTsports, I'll bet money that the #27 Doran Toyota runs circles around Ganassi's team. The #54 has Terry Borchellar.

You say that the DPs are doomed for failure. The failure is your failure to see which series has momentum. Take a closer look, and be open minded. The ALMS still has the cooler cars, but GA will have the racin'. I don't think Ganassi has the kind of power to actually kill a class, but Toyota has done it before.

"No matter where you go, there you are"-Pigkiller