Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 18 Jul 2009, 20:21 (Ref:2503926)   #1
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
WS FRenault 3.5 - Le Mans Bugatti

Well rather kerrazy first race at Le Mans today it seems. Bit of a looney tunes weekend for our major single seaters series this weekend as the F2 boys (and girls) got a bit carried away at Brands too!!

From the highlights I saw earlier; there was a pincer movement off the line as fast starting Bertrand Baguette (3rd) and Pasquale di Sabatino (2nd) almost squashed Marco Barba (pole) on the run into the first chicane!! Cue mayhem as people speared off all over the place and a big shunt at the back involving Zaugg and one or tow others, then as the yellows came out several drivers ran into each other half way round the lap!

After the SC went in, the race provided quite a lot of overtaking; from memory Jon Lancaster did most of it coming through to 6th and there were plenty of last of the late braker jobs into the first chicane and quite a few further incidents!!

Elsewhere, series leader Martinez had a mare and Barba picked up a post race penalty for some indiscretion?

Anyone able to fill in any gaps here at all?

Last edited by chunterer; 19 Jul 2009 at 13:35.
Old 18 Jul 2009, 21:21 (Ref:2503945)   #2
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
mortara and walker collided and took both of them out which made baguette's win even more important for the championship.
Old 19 Jul 2009, 15:14 (Ref:2504232)   #3
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A suprisingly good race 1 yesterday despite the terrible commentary, annoying penalties (seriously, gravel over the run off at the chicane already, stop giving them an easy way out) and confusing TV direction.

And I know Eurosport have a lot on, but they're not bothering to show race 2 it seems, at least not until the traditional Tuesday highlights show...
(and they're ignoring the Superleague Formula completely, though thats for another thread!)

I'd appreciate any news on race 2 since I doubt I'll be able to see it
Old 20 Jul 2009, 08:26 (Ref:2504656)   #4
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Race 2 was shown at 10pm in vastly edited form on British Eurosport 2 to the point where Turvey went from about 6th to 12th after an ad break, presumably after a problem in his pit stop, I don't know because there was no explanation??!!

Baguette won in pretty good style from Molina, who put on a tremendous charge over the last 10 laps to come within 2 seconds, and Alguersuari who had another solid race to 3rd.

Lancaster had got bogged down off the line from pole and dropped to 4th but was one of the raciest guys on track all weekend. There was a huge fight for 5th towards the end as Lancaster, minus a wing endplate, did all he could to hold off a charging group including Fauzy (who had pressured Walker into a spin a few laps earlier); Barba, Mortara, Di Sabatino, and Van Der Drift.

Fauzy had passed Jon halfway round the penultimate lap only for Lancaster to surge back in front into one of the esses around the back which to me was a seriously good move considering the state of his front wing!

Ultimately though Fairuz nipped through on the last lap leaving Lancaster to watch his mirrors as the four car group behind all but tripped over themselves in the dash for the flag. Mortara chcuked his car at Barba into the first of the double right handers at the end of the lap and just got away with it nicking 6th in the process.

Overall, this was one of the more exciting rounds of the series for some time?

On the other hand there were an awful of on track indiscretions, mainly I think for people blatantly cutting the first chicane, resulting in add on penalties. Van Der Drift was I think one example who dropped from 9th to 11th, having charged through from near the back.

Last edited by chunterer; 23 Jul 2009 at 16:49.
Old 29 Jul 2009, 09:35 (Ref:2510617)   #5
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
kerrmanningjarv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://mofazfortec.com/2009/07/20/fa...-mans-circuit/

"The race officials also decided to award Fairuz with 1 bonus point for being the most outstanding driver for the race, as well as, greatest number of overtaking in a race, after several drivers ahead of Fairuz succumbed to his determination, focus and psychological advantage."

Did this actually happen? I've never known a bonus point being rewarded for making drivers "succumb to your determination, focus and psychological advantage" unless it's simply a "hard charger" point (for the most overtaking moves compared to grid slot) that I've never heard about before.