Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you give it out of ten?
10 0 0%
9 0 0%
8 3 8.33%
7 4 11.11%
6 9 25.00%
5 6 16.67%
4 7 19.44%
3 3 8.33%
2 2 5.56%
1 2 5.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30 Oct 2016, 21:57 (Ref:3684115)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Grand Prix: Mexican Grand Prix 2016

What do you give it out of ten?
Old 30 Oct 2016, 22:18 (Ref:3684117)   #2
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
6. It was a pretty poor race until the last few laps;
Old 30 Oct 2016, 23:26 (Ref:3684139)   #3
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
5. Plenty of controversy, not that awesome than other races.
Old 31 Oct 2016, 00:09 (Ref:3684153)   #4
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Don't particularly like the circuit, but the race had its moments A variety of strategies, although the VSC and SC allowed some people a better result than they would otherwise have had.

Still found it interesting enough......6
Old 31 Oct 2016, 01:33 (Ref:3684166)   #5
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
gave it an 8. lots to get excited about. yelled at my TV a few times, amazing crowd and controversial. probably in more of a sideshow sort of way but i had fun watching.

plus they kept the season going on for another race at least...which i suppose could also be a bad thing.

some very very good post race interviews too.
Old 31 Oct 2016, 02:03 (Ref:3684175)   #6
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2 out of 10, would not recommend
Old 31 Oct 2016, 05:48 (Ref:3684193)   #7
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Without the last few laps a 5 but they took it to 7
Old 31 Oct 2016, 06:45 (Ref:3684195)   #8
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well with out doubt those last few laps took this race from a very low figure but the lack of actual overtaking still very disappointing so gave it 5
Old 31 Oct 2016, 14:54 (Ref:3684294)   #9
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Very boring, but was happy to not see a bunch of DRS passes. I liked drivers having to take risks to overtake. But the messiness of 'what is a legal overtake?' ruined a lot for me. Plus, drivers skipping chicanes unpunished, and/or punished was a nightmare to try and explain to my friends...

GRAVEL, PLEASE!

Selby
Old 31 Oct 2016, 15:46 (Ref:3684307)   #10
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
Very boring, but was happy to not see a bunch of DRS passes. I liked drivers having to take risks to overtake. But the messiness of 'what is a legal overtake?' ruined a lot for me. Plus, drivers skipping chicanes unpunished, and/or punished was a nightmare to try and explain to my friends...

GRAVEL, PLEASE!

Selby
Yeah, to some extent I agree with that. It's good to see a driver have to work for an overtake - not just breeze pass, which sometimes happens with DRS.

I do think that they're going to have to look at redesigning the first corner - so as to punish a driver for going off.

I am going for a 6. It was a pretty dull race - but the last couple of laps livened things up. Max's attempt on Nico, then the tussle with Vettel, then Mr. Vettel using the sort of language that you would hear in a Scorsese film and telling Charlie Whitling to **** himself, then Riccardio and Vettel tangling, a mix-up on the podium and then the podium getting changed the day after.
Old 31 Oct 2016, 17:07 (Ref:3684322)   #11
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
+10 for the atmosphere
-7 for the ontrack product, tomfoolery etc.
= 3
Old 31 Oct 2016, 17:29 (Ref:3684334)   #12
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
6, aftermath 8
Old 31 Oct 2016, 17:40 (Ref:3684335)   #13
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
4, bit of tension at the end, but that's about it
Old 2 Nov 2016, 11:41 (Ref:3684719)   #14
mikestow
Rookie

mikestow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As with everyone else,it was a procession,apart from the first lap and the last possibly three!I am £40 a month richer having tried to bin Sky F1,they also removed the HD bit as it is now offered as a freebie with HD +.But Channel four is so much better,with excellent presenters,who liven up an otherwise boring race.I much prefer them ,even Ben Edwards,to the lot on Sky who need pensioning off.DC is much better than either Damon Hill or Martin Brundle,especially when teamed with Mark Weber.Even KC is great in the pits over the rather patronising Kravitz.I ended up having tried to alter the Sky Package for over 2 hours,then binned it completely,and do not miss it at all,having bought the Clarkson Firestick!!!