Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 12 Jan 2012, 22:05 (Ref:3010923)   #1
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Rfactor 2 Beta now available

The Rfactor 2 open beta is now available which appears to be a fairly low-key affair in the form of a one sentence news item, although there is quite a buzz in the sim community at the moment.

http://rfactor.net/web/2012/01/11/te...ion-available/

I haven't been through everything with a fine tooth comb, but my understanding is you have to purchase it as you would the final release, but get 18 months online account membership as opposed to 12 when it goes on sale.

This article, although now a couple of months old seems to cover everything:

http://www.virtualr.net/rfactor-2-pr...info-announced
Old 12 Jan 2012, 22:40 (Ref:3010940)   #2
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's alright I guess

Not that used to playing Betas, so everything obviously feels very edgy and not polished.

But the 60's cars are excellent.

The FFB settings are very different, so that takes some getting used to after RF and real feel.

But yes, you pay now and get the game for 18months and the online membership.

It is a lot more open than RF1, so should be able to be even more moddable, and you dont have to do the crappy folder drop thing that turned so many people off!
Old 12 Jan 2012, 23:09 (Ref:3010955)   #3
Az
Racer

England
UK
Az should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've got it. Runs quite nicely considering the system I have. Bit rough around the edges. Not had time to try everything but 60's cars feel awesome. And there seems to be a much better feeling - the connection to the track through the wheel is MILES better than rF1. Hoping the ISI guys and modders and create something amazing, the platform is there.
Old 13 Jan 2012, 07:37 (Ref:3011030)   #4
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think they might have gone a bit tof ar with the 60's cars. They are so utterly devoid of grip that it would make it very difficult to race online and stuff, which is what RF has alwyas been about for me.

The little F3 car is a delight, but the F1 machine has far less grip, appalling front grip in particular. It is still very engaging though and you have to admit far more interesting than some of the other stuff released.

One thing I have noticed... I was in the Magane last night at the north Sepang loop. In every race I did I was setting different laptimes, and they were getting slower!! Is it smething to do woth weather? Ie if its really hot and warm do you set better or worse times?
Old 13 Jan 2012, 11:50 (Ref:3011121)   #5
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
worse
Old 17 Jun 2012, 23:28 (Ref:3093861)   #6
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Build 90 was released a couple of days ago and it is steadily improving, it seems to me the biggest improvement in the physics so far.

Also released was a new track, Brianza, which is the old Monza.

Needless to say, this just had to be done!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XENo7korSh8
Old 18 Jun 2012, 07:31 (Ref:3093950)   #7
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
To be honest, when you play other stuff and have to cope with awful FFB and wheel stuff ike simraceway and CARS, this is so refreshing, it feels so much better.

It actually takes a lot of getting used to coz it really uses the wheel settings more than most game,s you really do get full on FFB.

Some of the isseus with some of the cars are trackrelated, I mean if you try the FR3.5 at Sepang it feels awful as it's so bumpy, but try it at Setterton 300 and it feels fine coz its flatter. car stil has too moch grip but not bad.

Not tried new version yet, perhaps my biggest gripe about ISI is that theya re always releasing their new mods on torrent, and so far every time I ahve got bad malware and popup issues with torrenting. Just have to wait for proper update
Old 22 Jun 2012, 21:10 (Ref:3096591)   #8
osellacz
Rookie

osellacz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
rF2 has extreme potential, no other sim before it had so many features like complex weather - various intense rain, fog, drying line, aquaplaning, humidity of air, wind speed, dynamic track with groove and marbles, flatspotting..

However now in the beta there is little content, poor fps for people with weaker pc like me and bugs..

But when full version comes it should blow everything away! I expect it at the end of year personally.
Old 8 Sep 2012, 12:24 (Ref:3132881)   #9
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Build 107 now released and I must say it's starting to improve quite nicely. There's still some stuff that needs sorting and the harshness of the FFB (for my G25 at least) is still a bit strong, but it's coming along.

Is anyone hear actively racing it and has anyone tried the clios? They're great fun and there is a public server currently up which regularly has at least 15 drivers on at any one time. The racing is pretty clean too, which is rare for pubbys.
Old 8 Sep 2012, 17:51 (Ref:3132931)   #10
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Clios are great fun

Best mod in the game so far i my eyes

Try Croft too, its a very accurate render

GP or F2 I thnk is coming soon, apparently supposed to be damn hot
Old 9 Sep 2012, 07:41 (Ref:3133108)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I keep looking at RF2 and then the price and I decide not to pay to develop something for them... But how much better is it than RF1?
Old 9 Sep 2012, 10:57 (Ref:3133176)   #12
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
It's very different to RF1. Been improved quite a bit since the early release.

Not many mods available yet, quite a few tracks have been bought in from RF1 and a few modders are really only doing stuff for RF2, but it takes time.

Important thing to remember is that RF1 and 2 are open to modders. Games like PCARS, Race Iracing are not, and this makes it possible for the game to be improved beyond what ISI do.

It still feels a little raw, especially FFB settings. They have not damped anything down at all, so you get everything full on, and because some of the track areas have not yet been.

So far there are a few mods out, but the ISI stuff is perhaps better. The classic cars look and feel brilliant, and they feel genuince hard to drive and get a feel for.

Meganes and Clios are predictably busy and fairly easy to drive, though hard to get the best out of.

Single seaters are perhaps the hardest, the Formula Renault car is very hard to get right, takes a very particular setup and style and if you cant drive like that you will be nowhere near, but still a nice car to drive.

You are not really involved in the development as you might appear to be elsewhere, but the game so far is good.
Old 12 Sep 2012, 19:30 (Ref:3134946)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
OK, sounds promising then........
Old 16 Sep 2012, 09:02 (Ref:3136728)   #14
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I keep looking at RF2 and then the price and I decide not to pay to develop something for them... But how much better is it than RF1?
Don't you get the final version for free if you buy the development version now?
Old 16 Sep 2012, 09:15 (Ref:3136730)   #15
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
You do get the game ree yes I think, but you might have to pay for an online sub.
Old 16 Sep 2012, 22:04 (Ref:3136982)   #16
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
You buy either a 12 month or 'lifetime' subscription, but while it is still in beta you get 18 months instead of 12.

I can't remember what the prices are off the top of my head though.