Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Oct 2014, 10:23 (Ref:3461666)   #26
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
you assume that they actually have been able to afford to construct a spare tub to build up. caterham don't have one.
Old 7 Oct 2014, 14:26 (Ref:3461758)   #27
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
They could always buy Caterham's from a well known firm of bailiffs and paint it red!
Old 7 Oct 2014, 14:55 (Ref:3461774)   #28
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
They wouldn't be penalised with one car. There'd be an outcry. Even the FIA isn't that dumb on what would be a no-brainer decision to give them dispensation.

But, yes, it's Marussias home race and any haul from the constructors championship would be very helpful for them. So, expect two cars.
it is possible they are that dumb!

in addition to a tub, i wonder what are their team strength numbers at the moment? did staff stay behind in Japan, do they have the funds to compliment their ranks of what i can only imagine is a very tired and obviously distracted track side personnel.

they should be allowed to run in any format they wish too.

not the spot to bring up FOM prize money but just wanted to say that this policy needs to be reexamined...while some teams may be deemed more integral to the health of the series it is important to remember that all teams carry the same risks by participating in each race. it is on that basis for which they should all be judged and treated as equal.
Old 7 Oct 2014, 20:21 (Ref:3461890)   #29
m355y
Racer

m355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Whoever it is - Stevens, Rossi, Lapierre, Marciello.....I'd hazard a guess they'll be quicker than Chilton.

sorry, probably not the time.
Old 7 Oct 2014, 23:16 (Ref:3461961)   #30
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
you assume that they actually have been able to afford to construct a spare tub to build up. caterham don't have one.
They have built at least 3 chassis. MR03-01 was the one destroyed at Suzuka, Max was in MR03-02, Max used MR03-03 a few times this year, its last outing was Germany, I assume its now the spare.

As for Caterham - they should have a spare as CT05-#04 was used in Suzuka.
Old 8 Oct 2014, 08:13 (Ref:3462075)   #31
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins View Post
They have built at least 3 chassis. MR03-01 was the one destroyed at Suzuka, Max was in MR03-02, Max used MR03-03 a few times this year, its last outing was Germany, I assume its now the spare.

As for Caterham - they should have a spare as CT05-#04 was used in Suzuka.
Dont be too sure that Caterham has as much as a spare paperclip now...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 8 Oct 2014, 08:13 (Ref:3462076)   #32
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Meantime...

Marussia Manor GP3 Team Not Running In Sochi

...due to budgetary considerations..

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 8 Oct 2014, 08:59 (Ref:3462091)   #33
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by m355y View Post
Whoever it is - Stevens, Rossi, Lapierre, Marciello.....I'd hazard a guess they'll be quicker than Chilton.

sorry, probably not the time.
It may well be Ferrari's decision as effectively it is their car, they pay for Jules drive.
Old 8 Oct 2014, 17:48 (Ref:3462276)   #34
Nikki Katz
Racer

Nikki Katz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't really get all the Chilton hate. He's no champion and brings a lot of money to his seat, but he's still decent if unspectacular. He's had a better junior formula CV than many of the other names floating around.

Bianchi I think everyone sensed was something special. He was in GP2 for 3 years and WSR for 1 and didn't take the title in any of those (came close in WSR), but there was just something about him that made him better than his results showed. I don't think it was just the Ferrari money.

Not that I'm a fan at all of the 3 car teams idea, but it would have been interesting to see him in a Ferrari...
Old 9 Oct 2014, 14:25 (Ref:3462563)   #35
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A.Rossi is the answer to the replacement question but we find out in morning if 21 or 22 cars
Old 9 Oct 2014, 21:20 (Ref:3462705)   #36
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rossi has been named as a driver for the event along side Chilton, this would give the option of running in the 3 FPs before making a decision on whether to Qualify and race.
Old 9 Oct 2014, 22:34 (Ref:3462728)   #37
Tucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Brighton
Tucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He's been named as a driver but Marussia have said whether he actually drives is being left up until fp1. I guess they want to keep their options open until the last minute
Old 10 Oct 2014, 06:25 (Ref:3462837)   #38
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Chilton only for Marussia
Old 10 Oct 2014, 06:32 (Ref:3462838)   #39
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Chilton only for Marussia
Very understandable
Old 10 Oct 2014, 10:06 (Ref:3462891)   #40
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i really love what they've done. simple, but a powerful message.

well played, marussia. #forzajules.
Old 10 Oct 2014, 10:08 (Ref:3462892)   #41
Nikki Katz
Racer

Nikki Katz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it's the right decision. It's not even been a week, it's too soon to think about a replacement.
Old 10 Oct 2014, 13:18 (Ref:3462956)   #42
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I also think they have done the right thing.

It will have been a tough week for the whole team, I was actully in Scouts with there Chief Race Engineer David Greenwood. But it's great to see them carrying on and hopefully they can get a good result this weekend which would be a great tribute Jules.
Old 10 Oct 2014, 23:55 (Ref:3463166)   #43
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Perfect response from his team..
Old 11 Oct 2014, 09:08 (Ref:3463290)   #44
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Running only one car may have also been dictated by lack of parts, staff and budget to prepare a completely new car in such a tight schedule.
Old 12 Oct 2014, 17:54 (Ref:3464132)   #45
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valker View Post
Running only one car may have also been dictated by lack of parts, staff and budget to prepare a completely new car in such a tight schedule.
Bianchi's car was standing in the garage all cleaned up and ready to go. All that was missing was the driver...
Old 12 Oct 2014, 18:23 (Ref:3464145)   #46
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Yes I thought that very respectful of them...
Old 27 Oct 2014, 13:43 (Ref:3469065)   #47
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Marussia won't be competing at the US GP, as they've gone into administration.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/116512
Old 27 Oct 2014, 13:51 (Ref:3469070)   #48
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Yes indeed we knew a couple of teams if not more were heading down this road...
Old 27 Oct 2014, 14:03 (Ref:3469071)   #49
Tucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Brighton
Tucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It would be extremely disappointing for Marussia to quit F1, especially after finally scoring points and Jules accident, but without the promised budget cap it was unlikely they were ever going to survive long competing against teams with much larger budgets.
Old 27 Oct 2014, 14:25 (Ref:3469077)   #50
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So all three of the 'new' teams have now come and gone. Who's next - Sauber, Lotus, Force India... or possibly all three ?