Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Feb 2016, 11:57 (Ref:3611518)   #26
Neppatsrev Xam
Racer

Netherlands
Neppatsrev Xam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
mte, chunty, mte. though aren't they running with last year's engines?

considering sacrificing a goat to the gods of reliability on behalf of sainz this season.
Sainz actualy used 1 enige less than the other 3 Renault drivers last year.
Old 4 Feb 2016, 12:05 (Ref:3611524)   #27
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
what do you mean by engine, the bit powered by petrol or the entire thing that makes the car move forward...
Old 4 Feb 2016, 12:07 (Ref:3611525)   #28
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
mte, chunty, mte.
Bella, please stop using these abbreviations because they really do confuse us moaning old gits; luckily, Mr Google managed to come to the rescue, but that's another couple of minutes of my life that I'll never get back.
Old 4 Feb 2016, 12:19 (Ref:3611529)   #29
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
my apologies, i shall refrain. i think technically i'm too old to use them anyway, but evidently not too lazy
Old 4 Feb 2016, 12:40 (Ref:3611537)   #30
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Bella, please stop using these abbreviations because they really do confuse us moaning old gits; luckily, Mr Google managed to come to the rescue, but that's another couple of minutes of my life that I'll never get back.
Mike (or bella), please explain what the abbreviations mean Just to save the rest of us confused old gits from loosing an irretrievable couple of minutes of our lives asking Mr Google...
Old 4 Feb 2016, 13:07 (Ref:3611545)   #31
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Mike (or bella), please explain what the abbreviations mean Just to save the rest of us confused old gits from loosing an irretrievable couple of minutes of our lives asking Mr Google...
I am fast running out of minutes because I couldn't remember what one of Mr Google's elves had said, so I had to look it up again. It means "my thoughts, exactly". Bl**dy young people; why can't they just speek/rite Inglish like wot I do!
Old 4 Feb 2016, 14:00 (Ref:3611570)   #32
Neppatsrev Xam
Racer

Netherlands
Quote:
what do you mean by engine, the bit powered by petrol or the entire thing that makes the car move forward...
ICE -TC - MGU-H - MGU-K - ES - CE

03 Red Bull Racing Renault Daniel Ricciardo 8 6 6 6 5 5
26 Red Bull Racing Renault Daniil Kvyat 8 7 5 5 4 4
33 STR Renault Max Verstappen 8 5 4 5 4 4
55 STR Renault Carlos Sainz 7 5 6 5 4 4
Old 4 Feb 2016, 16:28 (Ref:3611615)   #33
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neppatsrev Xam View Post
ICE -TC - MGU-H - MGU-K - ES - CE

03 Red Bull Racing Renault Daniel Ricciardo 8 6 6 6 5 5
26 Red Bull Racing Renault Daniil Kvyat 8 7 5 5 4 4
33 STR Renault Max Verstappen 8 5 4 5 4 4
55 STR Renault Carlos Sainz 7 5 6 5 4 4
ICE?

They have In Car Entertainment?

Drive by Simulator?
Old 4 Feb 2016, 16:31 (Ref:3611616)   #34
Neppatsrev Xam
Racer

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
ICE?

They have In Car Entertainment?

Drive by Simulator?
Internal Combustion Engine
Old 15 Feb 2016, 14:25 (Ref:3614831)   #35
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The new Ferrari is due to be launched next Friday 19th February at 14:00 central european time.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/fe...f1-car-673497/
I am not expecting any major surprises.
Old 17 Feb 2016, 17:37 (Ref:3615508)   #36
Neppatsrev Xam
Racer

Netherlands
we have a Black bull this year!

I must say............. I rather like it!
Old 17 Feb 2016, 18:20 (Ref:3615516)   #37
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Hmmm. Not sure about the matt black. But it's distinctive. Wonder how different from the Toro Rosso it will look?
Old 17 Feb 2016, 18:22 (Ref:3615518)   #38
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Hmmm. Not sure about the matt black. But it's distinctive. Wonder how different from the Toro Rosso it will look?
I was led to believe it is a dark matt blue.
Old 17 Feb 2016, 18:53 (Ref:3615529)   #39
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I too like it. Looks very uncomplicated.
Old 17 Feb 2016, 19:11 (Ref:3615531)   #40
Neppatsrev Xam
Racer

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Wonder how different from the Toro Rosso it will look?
there where romours the Toro Rosso would have more red in it's livery this year(also linked to the new engine deal)
Old 17 Feb 2016, 19:14 (Ref:3615534)   #41
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is it OK if I don't like it? I generally like the flat black concept, and I think it works well with the logo on the airbox/fin, but the large "Red Bull" on the sidepod and to a lesser degree the lone red stripe just doesn't look right. Maybe the font is too large or something. It's like I am being shouted at in all caps. I just looks... amateurish? Maybe this is a testing livery only?

The smaller "Red Bull" text on the RB11 looked much better. In general while the prior look was quite stale, I think it was actually better...

Richard
Old 17 Feb 2016, 20:36 (Ref:3615560)   #42
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I'll be interested to see how the matt black/dark blue shows up on TV.
Old 17 Feb 2016, 20:44 (Ref:3615562)   #43
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i think it will look great on TV. with the RB name on the side pod it sort of looks more like an STR and less like a can of redbull...which is great for me cause i have always liked the STR look.

maybe its just the computer i am on but some low quality photos but from what i can make out it also looks like there is some cool detail on their race overalls.
Old 17 Feb 2016, 21:27 (Ref:3615568)   #44
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
That's the thing, without the infinity purple, it's just one main colour with a few blended in
Old 18 Feb 2016, 07:58 (Ref:3615651)   #45
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
It looks bloody awful!! There's no accounting for taste...
Old 18 Feb 2016, 09:56 (Ref:3615685)   #46
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
However, it amuses me somewhat that the teams have nearly all dropped the live launches in front of an invited audience of "celebs" and journos because of the "cost" savings. When you consider that the budget required for a glitzy launch probably wouldn't even cover the cost of running for one day of one of the gin palaces (called "hospitality" units) that the teams take to the European races!
Live launches online were a good idea to generate a bit of interest among fans and it's a pity if these go. I think in part the lack of big launches is down to the teams maximising development time right through testing before we really have the definitive car of that year. The Red Bull launch was a promotional event but not a 2016 car launch, for example. There does, however, also seem to be a bit of a sense of being seen to reduce costs rather than actually doing so (emblematic of much in Formula 1 then!). I would have thought a decent launch event would be a chance for sponsors to get more bang for their buck too, but perhaps what with flying all over the world throughout the year, it doesn't have that much impact.
Old 18 Feb 2016, 17:05 (Ref:3615776)   #47
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
It looks bloody awful!! There's no accounting for taste...
It doesn't look that bad. I quite like the matt blue.

Old 18 Feb 2016, 17:26 (Ref:3615778)   #48
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
By the looks of the glum faces in BJ's picture, it would appear that the "launch" was a pretty cheerless event!
Old 18 Feb 2016, 18:18 (Ref:3615783)   #49
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
By the looks of the glum faces in BJ's picture, it would appear that the "launch" was a pretty cheerless event!
Maybe, it's the matt blue finish, .
Old 18 Feb 2016, 18:38 (Ref:3615788)   #50
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
It doesn't look that bad. I quite like the matt blue.

It looks much better than in the earlier images. And is clearly matte blue and not black. I still think the "Red Bull" lettering is too large and garish. But it's there car, they can do as they please.

Richard