Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Feb 2016, 01:43 (Ref:3615870)   #51
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
It looks much better than in the earlier images. And is clearly matte blue and not black. I still think the "Red Bull" lettering is too large and garish. But it's there car, they can do as they please.

Richard
I know what you mean about the lettering; a bit rfactor. Just looking at that photo, the decals also seem to have a matt finish.
Old 19 Feb 2016, 11:52 (Ref:3615963)   #52
Neppatsrev Xam
Racer

Netherlands
Neppatsrev Xam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the new Williams

wich does not look very different.
Old 19 Feb 2016, 14:05 (Ref:3616006)   #53
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
It doesn't look that bad. I quite like the matt blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
It looks much better than in the earlier images. And is clearly matte blue and not black. I still think the "Red Bull" lettering is too large and garish. But it's there car, they can do as they please.

Richard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I know what you mean about the lettering; a bit rfactor. Just looking at that photo, the decals also seem to have a matt finish.

Maybe to sync up their real car to their simulator's graphics?

Change of topic,

The SF16-H Ferrari

Old 19 Feb 2016, 14:11 (Ref:3616009)   #54
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
the Ferrari nose from the front looks a lot like Williams' one
Old 19 Feb 2016, 15:05 (Ref:3616025)   #55
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quite like the bigger splash of white on the new Ferrari, even if it reminds me a bit of BMS (of blessed memory).
Old 19 Feb 2016, 15:11 (Ref:3616026)   #56
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
yeah the Ferrari looks nice. im guessing its still an old aero kit on the car but the engine cover looks thinner (maybe the white?) and the rear packaging looks a lot slimmer. a move towards the Mclaren 'size zero' concept or an improvement in the PU design?

side issue, i miss the technical summaries that used to accompany the car launches. im ok with smaller less extravagant launches but we seem to be getting a lot less information which is a bit unfortunate.
Old 19 Feb 2016, 15:42 (Ref:3616039)   #57
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neppatsrev Xam View Post
the new Williams

wich does not look very different.
in terms of livery i am glad it looks the same. still the best looking car on the grid imo. also the coolest looking photo of the bunch.

lets just hope whats underneath allows them to be more competitive this year.
Old 19 Feb 2016, 16:30 (Ref:3616055)   #58
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
the Ferrari nose from the front looks a lot like Williams' one
Here's a pic of that nose. Ferrari are definitely going for that ugly look this year.

Old 19 Feb 2016, 17:07 (Ref:3616068)   #59
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Would love that car without the ugly anteater nose

And what a shame - the last generation of open top F1 cars, and they still sound the same as last year (dull and dreary), and seemingly more adopting this wretched nose.

Selby
Old 19 Feb 2016, 20:16 (Ref:3616115)   #60
Neppatsrev Xam
Racer

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post

The SF16-H Ferrari

would look better without the red stripe on top of the engine cover imho.
Old 19 Feb 2016, 21:03 (Ref:3616123)   #61
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:
That red stripe costs Malboro $160 million a year.
Old 21 Feb 2016, 10:14 (Ref:3616453)   #62
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
New cars coming thick and fast this morning with both McLaren & Mercedes.

Honda have a new compressor (very much needed) among other changes.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mc...mp4-31-674642/
Mercedes new car is designed to go well everywhere including Singapore.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ne...-cover-674643/

Both have gone for short noses and all Mercedes customers are to get the same spec motors.
Old 21 Feb 2016, 11:55 (Ref:3616468)   #63
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
How do you define 'short noses'?

I'd say Merc have the seem conventional nose as last year, and McLaren have gone with their horrible stub nose, which many seem to be converting to

I'm so sad that the last year of open top F1 cars look so bloody ugly lol

Selby
Old 21 Feb 2016, 13:30 (Ref:3616483)   #64
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Have to say that I was disappointed in rather ugly new Audi LMP, but it's a beauty compared to this lot. I know I know, fast car is a beautiful car and what not - but purely aesthetically, this years F1 cars are properly ugly.
Old 21 Feb 2016, 13:47 (Ref:3616485)   #65
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Have to say that I was disappointed in rather ugly new Audi LMP, but it's a beauty compared to this lot. I know I know, fast car is a beautiful car and what not - but purely aesthetically, this years F1 cars are properly ugly.
Agreed!The least worst I have seen is the Haas,assuming the real car resembles it.Probably not an indication of speed though.
Old 21 Feb 2016, 14:42 (Ref:3616494)   #66
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Surprised not to see the Haas in yellow livery - I thought they'd confirmed they would be running that. Looks all right, though.
Old 21 Feb 2016, 18:27 (Ref:3616522)   #67
Neppatsrev Xam
Racer

Netherlands
Old 21 Feb 2016, 19:18 (Ref:3616535)   #68
greentrumpet
Racer

greentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgreentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can't help wondering how hard it would be to make the anteater nose resemble a sharknose without adversely affecting aero.
Old 21 Feb 2016, 19:44 (Ref:3616543)   #69
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Interesting that Richard Mille is sponsoring Haas as well as McLaren.
Old 21 Feb 2016, 20:08 (Ref:3616548)   #70
10TENTHS
Veteran

10TENTHS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Interesting that Richard Mille is sponsoring Haas as well as McLaren.
Grosjean's personal sponsor in this case.
Old 21 Feb 2016, 21:25 (Ref:3616572)   #71
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
So Haas join Mclaren as another team with no major sponsor on their car.
Old 21 Feb 2016, 22:01 (Ref:3616599)   #72
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neppatsrev Xam View Post
the stripe isn't so bad. what ruins the car is the placement of the Scuderia logo.
it's like they'd finished the livery, thought it looked great, and then took the logo out of stock and just sort of put in on there. totally breaks the flow of the livery, and reminds me of lower division, semi-pro football shirts.
Old 22 Feb 2016, 08:13 (Ref:3616662)   #73
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
The Red Bull is a nice looking car, but that front wing is completely insane, layer upon layer of winglets ...
Old 22 Feb 2016, 08:30 (Ref:3616664)   #74
Neppatsrev Xam
Racer

Netherlands
almost too bad the have to "ruin" with a livery

the STR11

Old 22 Feb 2016, 09:01 (Ref:3616670)   #75
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The Red Bull looks like an unlicensed rip off that you see on merchandise stands at Le Mans. The Ferrari is unbalanced with the white. The Haas looks cheap and tacky. The best by far is the Renault - possibly because it hides the shape the most.

Are Ferrari still accepting Marlboro money for the livery and engine cover logo?