Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Dec 2016, 18:52 (Ref:3693152)   #276
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
it's the same stuff i see day in day out from most men - underdeveloped and ignored emotional maturity resulting in snap impulse reactions.
Well we all have our viewpoints. Kudos for saying "most" and not "all". Of course, I now wonder what percentage "most" covers. Not sure if I am supposed to fell insulted (part of "most") or special (not part of "most")!

Richard
Old 2 Dec 2016, 20:53 (Ref:3693189)   #277
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Well we all have our viewpoints. Kudos for saying "most" and not "all". Of course, I now wonder what percentage "most" covers. Not sure if I am supposed to fell insulted (part of "most") or special (not part of "most")!

Richard
Richard. Should I ever feel the need to judge you, I will only have your posts here, and your avatar to base my decision on.

I can only hope that the need never arises.

However, I normally try to see he best in people, so there is hope for you yet, and I am sure that you must fit in to the 'special' bracket anyway.

Kind regards,

Bauble
Old 3 Dec 2016, 03:34 (Ref:3693245)   #278
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
i don't think it's petulence now. it's the same stuff i see day in day out from most men - underdeveloped and ignored emotional maturity resulting in snap impulse reactions.
Replace most with some, and change men to people, and you may be closer to the mark.

In Hamilton's case "petulance" is pretty accurate. A childish reaction to be resentful or vindictive when things don't go his way. Other drivers and champions share his single minded ruthlessness but not so much of the petulance.

All that being said, I wouldn't want to be a team mate but he is fun to watch, perhaps for the wrong reasons.
Old 4 Dec 2016, 12:32 (Ref:3693544)   #279
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post
Interesting comments, Lewis has just said it is the first time in 18 years the Nico has won a championship in which they both competed. I think this is the same underlying trait. I do wish he had not said it because there are many on the forums that will jump on it as "evidence" of .............

A trait? Bearing in mind that most F1 drivers over the years would rather eat glass than admit that someone else is better than them, it's nothing more than a statement of fact. At this point in time, it may be a little ungracious, but the reality is that its just stating the obvious.

We just love to over-analyse, don't we? Which is how we get to the theory that Hamilton would have driven Rosberg off the road to win the WDC. I don't really give a monkey's about his 'traits' or his 'petulance', there's nothing new there - Alonso has had them, Vettel certainly has and I'm sure large numbers of drivers in F1 over the years could (and indeed have been) the subject of similar character assassinations. I just want to watch them drive.....
Old 4 Dec 2016, 13:00 (Ref:3693552)   #280
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the reason i said "men" not "people" is because most women are aware of our own shortcomings and aren't emotionally constipated. have you fools never read the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy and the "point of view" gun?

Quote:
Good comments Bella, I tend to agree re male insecurity. A man who is totally secure will often be said to be arrogant, but even that could be the same male insecurity.
proper security built on solid foundations is completely silent by nature. only a human feeling threatened will start trying to assert their own position in the pack

course different people (and thus, drivers) require different things from their surroundings to feel most at ease. if you hit the sweet spot like nico has then you're pretty much unstoppable. that might not make you world champion but it'll mean you're in the best place to make the most of your ability. see: dr aki hintsa's philosophies and methods.

that's not even overthinking, it's basic human nature.
Old 4 Dec 2016, 13:06 (Ref:3693555)   #281
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
A trait? Bearing in mind that most F1 drivers over the years would rather eat glass than admit that someone else is better than them, it's nothing more than a statement of fact. At this point in time, it may be a little ungracious, but the reality is that its just stating the obvious.
It's also a fact that Lewis has only won 3 championships in the last 16 years (*) in which they both competed.

(*) maybe longer, I don't have any stats from before 2001.

It may be a fact, the problem is in the wording, in the way the facts are presented. Probably not even Lewis, but his PR person like someone else already suggested.
Old 4 Dec 2016, 13:41 (Ref:3693563)   #282
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Having reread the article, Autosport did put in square brackets that it was when they've competed against each other, so IDK if that's what he meant or what Autosport thought he meant
Old 4 Dec 2016, 13:54 (Ref:3693568)   #283
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
It's also a fact that Lewis has only won 3 championships in the last 16 years (*) in which they both competed.
True enough, but they were all WDCs, supposedly the pinnacle of the sport against (again supposedly), the best drivers in the world.....
Old 5 Dec 2016, 13:41 (Ref:3693884)   #284
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
the reason i said "men" not "people" is because most women are aware of our own shortcomings and aren't emotionally constipated. have you fools never read the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy and the "point of view" gun?
That's quite a sweeping statement, and I am not sure how correct it is. It may be your experience of the world, but that experience of both the male and female side is just that - YOUR experience. My experience is, I suspect, different, but I am not about to go around proclaiming my experience as fact.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 5 Dec 2016, 13:45 (Ref:3693886)   #285
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

It may be a fact, the problem is in the wording, in the way the facts are presented. Probably not even Lewis, but his PR person like someone else already suggested.
Out of interest, in how many of those 16 championships did NR beat him?
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 5 Dec 2016, 14:20 (Ref:3693893)   #286
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Interesting statistic

So, have they both been in F1 for the same length of time? As I recall, Lewis came in for 2007 and just missed the WDC that year, between 2001 and the start of 2007 what did each of them do?

It would be interesting to know who has beaten Lewis in a championship other than F1?
Old 5 Dec 2016, 17:50 (Ref:3693938)   #287
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Interesting comments, Lewis has just said it is the first time in 18 years the Nico has won a championship in which they both competed.
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
Out of interest, in how many of those 16 championships did NR beat him?
Quote:
Interesting statistic

So, have they both been in F1 for the same length of time? As I recall, Lewis came in for 2007 and just missed the WDC that year, between 2001 and the start of 2007 what did each of them do?

It would be interesting to know who has beaten Lewis in a championship other than F1?
I think the clue is in the part "in which they both competed".
My guess is it should actually read "in which they both competed at the same time", otherwise the original statement would be false, for Nico won a championship in those 18 years in a series which they both competed (GP2, one year before Lewis; both as a rookie)

As you will see, apart from the F1 years there is only one year where they competed in the same series: F3 in 2004 where Nico beat Lewis in the standings (although Lewis was a rookie and Nico was not), but neither won the championship that year.

Code:
2001:
LH: F.Renault G.Britain, Winter Series: 5th
NR: ?

2002:
LH: F.Renault 2.0 UK: 3rd // F.Renault 2.0 Euro: 5th
NR: F.BMW ADAC: Champion

2003:
LH: F.Renault 2.0 UK: Champion // F.Renault 2.0 Germany: 27th // British F3: 2 races // F.Renault 2.0 Euro: 12th
NR: F3 Euro: 8th

2004:
LH: F3 Euro: 5th
NR: F3 Euro: 4th

2005:
LH: F3 Euro: Champion
NR: GP2: Champion

2006:
LH: GP2: Champion
NR: F1: 17th

2007: 
LH: F1: 2nd
NR: F1: 9th

2008:
LH: F1: Champion
NR: F1: 13th

2009:
LH: F1: 5th
NR: F1: 7th

2010:
LH: F1: 4th

2011:
LH: F1: 5th

2012:
NR: F1: 9th

2013:
NR: F1: 6th

2014:
NR: F1: 2nd

2015:
NR: F1: 2nd

2016:
LH: F1: 2nd
NR: F1: Champion
Old 7 Dec 2016, 23:31 (Ref:3694645)   #288
smellysocks
Racer

Canada
smellysocks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So not only was Hamilton crass and obnoxious with his '18 years' comment he was also completely wrong.

Why hasn't he done the right thing here and apologize?
Old 8 Dec 2016, 09:22 (Ref:3694702)   #289
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I don't know., Why don't you ask him.........?
Old 8 Dec 2016, 13:30 (Ref:3694796)   #290
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Maybe Lewis is waiting to do this in person at the first testing session next year?
Oh, hang on...
Old 8 Dec 2016, 14:03 (Ref:3694807)   #291
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks Gert, I appreciate the work done to provide interesting statistics

Great